AR Christmas Luncheon December 3

North Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

I would love for all of you to attend, but I know December is a busy month!

Christmas Luncheon on December 3 at my home starting at 10 a.m.
Bring a door prize (We have increased amount to $20.00 for Christmas party) and a food dish

So far we have:
Kim----Baked Ham
Kim's Friend Sandy---Homemade Bread and Corn Casserole
Kim's Friend Holly---Lemon Blossoms
Charlotte----Grape Salad
Marilyn----Marinated Salad and Pumpkin Muffins
Kathy Ann----Hash Brown Casserole and Cheesecake
Loretta----Sweet Potato Casserole
Christine----Green Beans Casserole
Sheila----Crunch Cole Slaw and Garlic/Bacon/Cheddar Crescent Rolls
Genna----???

This message was edited Dec 2, 2011 11:44 AM

Thumbnail by duckmother
Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

You know I will be there, Kim, and I will also bring those yummy lemon blossoms of yours! My marinated salad is a veggie salad with broccoli, cauliflower, supposed to have onions but I'll leave those out for Kathy Ann's sake, black-eyed peas, corn, craisens, and I can't remember what else. It is marinated in a vinegar and oil sun-dried tomato salad dressing. I'll make it a couple of days ahead to let the flavors blend together.

P.S. You forgot to say that the luncheon will be on December 3rd!! LOL

This message was edited Oct 26, 2011 6:57 PM

All of it sounds yummy except to broccoli and vinegar ;o)) I will put you down for lemon blossoms, too.

I put the date in the heading but I will edit above post....

Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

Okay--I didn't see the date in the heading. Duh!!

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

I'll be there with the grape salad and my door prize!!

Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

I already have a door prize. Bought it several months ago and went off and left it at home when we went to Jim's so I had to go out and buy another one for the RU at Jim's. LOL Oh, well, it won't go to waste!

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

You just got ahead of yourself! I need to start a door prize stash - but then again maybe not - I''d never find it!!! I did buy some Christmas stuff on sale last year and was smart enough to put it on my Calendar along with where I put it!!

Augusta, AR(Zone 8a)

Count me in. I will bring crunch cole slaw.

Crunch Cole Slaw

1 pkg cole slaw (if it’s not fresh, the taste won’t be as good)

Add:

½ cup sliced almonds (I like honey roasted, but plain are good, too.)

Optional additions – sunflower seeds, soybean nuts, cranraisins, raisins, pumpkin seeds…

½ yellow or green pepper – sliced thinly

1 pkg Chicken flavored uncooked Ramon noodles (flavoring packet will be used in dressing)

Dressing:

½ cup Canola Oil

3 Tablespoons white or apple cider vinegar

Flavoring Packet from the Ramon Noodles

2 teaspoons sugar

1 teaspoon salt

Mix and set aside – don’t refrigerate.

Shake up and Pour on Salad right before serving.

This salad doesn’t last. I throw the leftovers away.

I have separated ½ the slaw and ½ the dressing to have the next day – and that works well.

Gotcha down, Sheila. Thanks for recipe.

Augusta, AR(Zone 8a)

ur welcome and thanks

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

Can I make a suggestion? I'd suggest we raise the $$ price on our door prize for this gathering and use these prizes as Christmas gift exchange.

OKAY! I vote for 100.00 dollars. LOL What price do we want to say?

Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

Uh, no, Kim, $100.00 is too much! ROFL
I'm okay with $25.00. Is that enough--or too much?

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

$25 would be fine with me too. But I don't think we need to go above that. We don't want to make it a burden on anyone. We all have lots of other expenses at Christmas.

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

I was thinking 20 b ut 25 is ok with me too, i'm working on my gift now, and already know the cost lol

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Why don't we just make it $20?? You didn't tell us what you were thinking!!!!

This message was edited Oct 31, 2011 5:52 PM

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

I couldn't get back on yesterday when i was at work. Thanks to my new I phone i can sneak a peak once in a while lol

Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

$20.00 sounds good to me! :o)

Okay 20 dollars it is. I will edit first post to reflect amount. I can change again if the others object...

This message was edited Nov 1, 2011 10:38 AM

Augusta, AR(Zone 8a)

$20 sounds good 2 me.

Camden, AR(Zone 8a)

Oh geez I REALLY hope I get to make this one!! It has been too long since I have gotten to see everyone. Dec 3 is Kyle's bday...... so I will need to check with him to see if he plans to come home that weekend from college.....or if he just wants to meet in LR and go out to eat or something that evening. I could maybe even get him to work in my place at Alex's ,...... lol while I go party! :) I keep thinking eventually we will get thru at his house, and we are getting much closer, but this long commute and only working 1 -2 days a week sure makes for a LONG project! :)

Genna

Fayetteville, AR(Zone 7b)

Hey! I posted this looooong post yesterday and it's not here. ARGH!!

Thanks for those recipes y'all, I'm going to use them both!

$20 is fine with me too.

Genna I really hope you get to come to this one, I miss ya girl!!

Camden, AR(Zone 8a)

Thanks Crissy! I miss ya too! I miss everyone! Charlotte is the only person i have seen since I got to go to Jeri's and that seems like forever ago.......

I am thinking I can bribe Kyle into going out to eat in LR or something for his bday, or even coming back thru Arkadelphia and taking him out there...... we'll see. He may just opt to go out with friends.....

Would be nice if you could make it, Genna!

Looks like 20 dollars is the prize amount!

Jasper, AR(Zone 7a)

Hi everyone! I would love to come -- it has been so long!!! it just depends on the weather!!

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

Tommie it would be great to finally get to meet you in person. Hope you can make it.

OH MY! We would love for you to join us!

Jasper, AR(Zone 7a)

I will plan on it, as long as it isn't too cold!! I heat with wood and can only be gone so long before the fires go out and it gets too cold. If temps are moderate it is do-able tho.I look forward to it and KA we have met-- at a RU several years ago;)

Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

Tommie: dmail me, please. I live in Harrison now, so I am not too far from you. Maybe we can ride together?
It's been a while since I have seen you posting anything so I did not know if you were still a member here.

~~Marilyn

Tommie it's been forever since you've been here! I really hope you can make it, I would love to meet you!

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

Oh my We did didn't we. It's been too long. But I do remember. Now. Sorry.

Jasper, AR(Zone 7a)

LOL no problem-- I am thinner and have red hair now-- so it will be like a different person;)

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

If any one wants any brug cuttings I'll be glad to bring some to the luncheon. I have finished cutting all my brugs and have 2 big buckets full. I sure don't need any more brugs!!

Camden, AR(Zone 8a)

Think they would survive in a bucket in my garage over the winter??

Genna if you put them in water they will, only put half the stem in water, that end will root over winter in the garage. That's how I started mine a couple of years ago.

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

If you add some hydrogen peroxide to the water it helps. Also need to change the water every so often.

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

Well, I need them like I need a nother hole in my head. so i'll probably have to pass, unless you have new orleans lady, I lost mine last year. i was pretty bummed about that.

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

I have a NO Lady. The problem is finding it!!! LOL I don't remember if I took a cutting or not. If I find her I'll cut you a piece.

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Kathy Ann I don't think you have Wild and Crazy. I really like it and know I have a cutting. It is a pretty yellow and is just like the name wild and crazy. The blooms stick out rather than hang down and just stick out every which way!

Jasper, AR(Zone 7a)

I have NO lady-- one of you nice gals gave it to me at the round up I attended a few years back. She is 6' tall and blooming like crazy-jlmk and I can bring a cutting or 2. I would also take a few cuttings, if they are not already spoken for. I am looking for a dark yellow one. I don't know the name, but a man in Jasper leaves his outside year round & I would like to try that some day.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.