White Mold

Kitchener, ON(Zone 5A)

Please can anyone tell me what this might be and how to get rid of it. It is on 3 of my house plants. It is a white furry mold looking growth. It is on the soil surface only but is also killing the plants. These plants were all outside during the summer if that means anything. The coleus is dead already and the other two are fast fading... They are not near each other in the house either.
Help

Hi Gwydion' I'm no expert but have something like that too' I thought it was webbing from spiders' I'd repot to save them if possible' Good luck,let us know' Sis'

Deep South Coastal, TX(Zone 10a)

Does it have "string" like growths that go up onto the stems? Are there little "bb" shaped balls, tan colored,sort of like seeds, around and in the fuzzy growth? Here is a link for Southern Blight, see if any of these look like it.
Well the link didn't work for me, so go to Google, click on "image search" and type in "southern blight" (just like that with the quotation marks)

This message was edited Monday, Nov 19th 6:31 PM

Kitchener, ON(Zone 5A)

no bb's Cala but the mold is still there... I think I'm going to post a picture and see if it looks familar to anyone.

Kitchener, ON(Zone 5A)

Ok I have a moldy picture. Cala, could you look at it please? It's in the ident. forum

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.