What time of day are you at your best?

(Zone 7a)
There are a total of 177 votes:

I'm a morning person and love to get up before anyone else.
(73 votes, 41%)
Red dot

I hit my stride in mid-morning.
(33 votes, 18%)
Red dot

Noonish and early afternoon for me.
(11 votes, 6%)
Red dot

Late afternoon and early evening are my best times.
(18 votes, 10%)
Red dot

I'm a night owl and am at my best when everyone is asleep!
(42 votes, 23%)
Red dot

Previous Polls

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Always up & going before breakfast. I get more done in 1½ hrs or so than I will later in the day.
Even got here before the crowd!
Bernie

P.S. Also go to bed late, only sleep about 5 or 6 hours a night.

This message was edited Oct 3, 2011 6:13 PM

Sioux City, IA(Zone 4b)

Hi Bernie, Early to mid-afternoon person here :)

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

I am soooooo a night owl.

Deep East Texas, TX(Zone 8a)

'Dark thirty' person here.
I get things done before I head to work.
Must be from growing up on a dairy farm.

Early to bed ~ early to rise
makes a man healthy, wealthy and wise.

Oh well, two out of three ain't bad. lol

brainerd, MN(Zone 4a)

I am not a morning person, but I seem to get more done then.

Titusville, FL(Zone 9b)

I get up early AM but I don't actually wake up till 8:pm-ish...strange internal clock I have!!

Highland Heights, KY(Zone 6a)

I'm a night owl, but I just started a job today that requires that I be there at 7:30 am sometimes. Yikes!

Everson, WA(Zone 8a)

I am a night owl morning work killed me I loafed in the early morning then burnrd the race track to finish what I needed to. I am still that way I tend to plan in the morning and work into the evening.

Charlotte, NC(Zone 7b)

I'm good from 6 a.m. to 2 p.m. Spend the rest of the afternoon watching the TV show's I recorded the night before, then I'm in bed and asleep by 9 p.m.

RETIRED AND LOVING IT!

Shangshui, Henan, China(Zone 7b)

I am a night owl -- usually hit the pillow at 11, and just before closing my eyes, I will look through a few lines of my English or German books. By doing so, I can sleep a good sleep.

Albuquerque, NM(Zone 7a)

Definitely a morning person. My energy curve peaks at around 2 p.m. and
anything after that is unlikely to get accomplished.

L.A. (Canoga Park), CA(Zone 10a)

I've always wanted to be a morning person. It seems like it is the honorable, industrious, American thing to be, but I am not a morning person. If I get a nap, I'm an afternoon person. If I don't get a nap, I'm not an anything person.

Kure Beach, NC(Zone 9a)

Not a morning person, if I don't set an alarm, I naturally get up around 9AM.
ow i sometimes have to get up at 3:30 to be at work by 5AM. I'm kind of.....getting used to it. I'm productive, but still don't wake fully up until 8 or 9'ish. Upside - at least by then, my work day is half over!
Barb

Ladoga, IN(Zone 6a)

I love watching it turn daylight, and the peacefulness of early mornin'.
Dee

brainerd, MN(Zone 4a)

Dee - that is what I love too. Drinking coffee on the deck, watching the critters waking up and the sun peeking its head out. Can't say Im "moving" that early, need a cup or three of coffee to get moving - but that is definitely my favorite time of day. Its energizing.

I'm a person of the Night! LOL
I have worked Graveyard shift for about 23 years of my life and it's past my bedtime...
Good night all
:)

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Looks like gardeners like to get their work done early! 39% early morning people.

Albuquerque, NM(Zone 7a)

In our area of New Mexico one had best get all outdoor work done by 11 a.m.
at the latest. After that the sun is too intense to stay outdoors. I've lived to
regret days when I worked outside at high noon!

SE Houston (Hobby), TX(Zone 9a)

What Minnesippi said!

I took my entire breakfast outside yesterday morning, and listened to the extraordinary number of birds in our neighborhood trees (a GOOD thing, I hear), on my bench under my crepe myrtle.

Then, I watched the sun coming alive, felt the morning breeze, enjoyed the silence, and exercised the supreme opportunity to just sit and talk with my Father, in the Garden that He has provided for me!

And, to thank Him for my brand new Hurricane Ike replacement fence!

Linda

Thumbnail by Gymgirl
brainerd, MN(Zone 4a)

Just woke from my afternoon nap....obviously afternoon is NOT good for me ;)

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

Ooooo I do relish the quiet and coffee early in the morning. It's "my" time. ^_^

Kersey, CO

I'm most awake at night, but I love being in the garden as the sun rises!

brainerd, MN(Zone 4a)

Sunrise was beautiful this morning!

Thumbnail by minnesippi
SE Houston (Hobby), TX(Zone 9a)

If I'd ever get to bed early enough, I could be watching that same sun in the morning...

Ellicott City, MD(Zone 7b)

Evening and night. I'm a night owl. I am NOT a morning person!

waukesha, WI(Zone 5a)

Crack o' dawn, no matter if I want to sleep in or not, I'm awake early. I need to sit in front of the computer for a while though before I actually get moving, but most chores are done well before noon. Probably comes from raising kids, and foster kids, and working all my life, I had to get some things done before leaving, and it's become a life long habit. I was better organized before I retired though, did some errands on the way/home or at lunchtime, now I tend to procrastinate.

Trenton(close to), TX(Zone 8a)

I am a 4am to 5am riser normally. I like to get up when it is too dark to do any outside work, drink coffee and think weird thoughts.

Abilene, TX(Zone 7b)

I get up early for work (teach school) and in the summer I get up early to miss the heat. I enjoy the mornings when I get to choose what I'm going to do. And I do enjoy a leisurly cup of coffee early in the morning. But I like working in the evening, too, especially in the fall when the air is getting cool and crisp. Mid-day is best for naps, but I don't get to enjoy those much at school.;)

Olympia, WA

I used to celebrate getting the jump start on the day - up before dawn and such. I didn't have a clue that it was my nicotine addiction that was driving my early wake-up call. Gave all that up 7 years ago, and retired - so sleeping in till dawn or beyond is not longer an oddity.

Cedarhome, WA(Zone 8b)

I chose mid-morning. Although I tend to be up fairly early (6ish), I spend a couple hours on the couch or at the computer planning for the day before i actually get moving. I do find if I take the dog for a walk by about 7:30, my whole day is much more energized and focused. Power nap at 3 (15-20 minutes), dinner by 7, then I'm into evening relax mode.

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Morning person, 5 - 5:30 am atomatic wake up even if I go to bed @ midnight. I don't mind, would hate to miss this......

Thumbnail by pixie62560

That's gorgeous! You ought to enter that one in the next DG photo contest.

Lincoln City, OR(Zone 9a)

Night owl here. I do get up early in the summer to get all my outside stuff done but lag at it. I come back into the house and nap for about 15 minutes. I usually don't truly wake up and get into my most productive mode till 7pm or later. DH is just the opposite and his retirement has really put both of us (and our house) into a real spin. He is always trying to be quiet so I can sleep and I have to be quiet for him at night so he can sleep and neither of us get anything done til we are both up. That's my excuse and I am sticking to it.

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Thanks KyWoods!

Costa Mesa, CA

Don't forget! nite time is the best time to remove unwanted visitors, like op(p)ossums, snails, and people who take cuttings. Plus the "dew glissens on the flowers".

LOL at "people who take cuttings" !

Shangshui, Henan, China(Zone 7b)

Nite time's my golden time. While sitting outside in the little yarden, I found myself completely soaked in mother nature, with the moon shining, the insects singing, and the flowers nodding in the breeze. The now garden becomes a soother.

Trenton(close to), TX(Zone 8a)

Jianhua I feel the same way in the AM before dawn. Then when the dawn illuminates my daytime creatures as they start their day I enjoy that immensely. That puts me in an elevated mood to start the day.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.