flowers from Teddy

Lakeview, OH

The job is easier than I thought, at least I don't have to lift 50 lb windshields! Pirl, you won't believe it, after ALL the advice you and the others have given me and ALL the reading I have done, I finally realized my problem, I did not give the bulbs enough time to rest! I dug them up and tried to get them to grow without giving them a couple of months rest. So I took them out of the pots and put them on a plastic lid on the floor in a cool, dark place and will check them once a week and ignore them the other part of the time. The one that is already got some greenery looks like it just stopped growing, is that possible? I tugged on it a little and the roots seem to be growing, because it feels like it is in there snug. Any advice on what if anything to do or NOT TO DO as the case may be. I really do appreciate what you have told me and I wrote a buunch of it down so when and if this works with the others I can restart them out the right way, I hope I did not destroy the bulbs with all the stuff I did, but they felt firm and no odor.

Lakeview, OH

thanks again for all your help pirl and the others, I hope yours does well pirl and hope to have some blooms before long.

Lakeview, OH

Are you mad at me? I was not trying to tell you that I ignored the suggestions and advice! It is just that I remembered that I had not let it go through dormancy, I also dug up the one at the corner of the house, I did not want it to die with the cold weather thatwe have. I did not put it with the others that I put to sleep. It has a bright green neck and one long root, just one! Here is a picture and maybe if you aren't mad at me you can give me some more info. the next picture is one with the root.

Thumbnail by teddy_8905
Lakeview, OH

this is the same one with a view of the root, I planted it this last summer and I am confused as to why it only has one root.

Thumbnail by teddy_8905
Stamford, CT(Zone 6b)

Teddy, part of the gardening learning process is failures as well as successes. Patience to let things die and patience to let things grow on their own. Your life experience with soil, weather and sunlight conditions is different from everyone else's. Many plants I thought were dead came to life on their own, and yours may too. Stop digging them up and leave them alone. If it fails, you will learn to do it differently next time. If they are bulbs that are finished growing, take the whole pot and put it in a cabinet under your kitchen sink and don't even bother to look at it for a couple of months. If it wants to grow it will; if it wants to die, say a prayer a let it go. Don't obsess.

I hope you enjoy your job, and it puts a few dollars in your pocket. Good occupational therapy, and eating is essential.

This thread is officially too long for most people to scroll through, especially if they are on dial-up.

This message was edited Dec 6, 2011 6:44 PM

Lakeview, OH

Good news! The little green one is growing! I can see it has another leaf or maybe it is the stem coming up! You all were right all I had to do was leave it alone, thanks for everything! Out of time, will post the pic tomorrow.

Prairieville, LA(Zone 9a)

This conversation has moved to here...

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1233119/

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.