It's September! Come chat with us!

Central, LA(Zone 8b)

I am not sure I know Sheila but I hope you enjoyed your special day and look forward to getting to know you.

Karen I am sorry also for the loss of your MIL!!! Yall still had to be in the denial stages and then to loose her so quickly!!! I know Yall are just in a state of shock still!!!

Charlotte you ready for your booth this weekend?

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

My booth is ready! It is in a antique mall and the mall is open 7 days a week. Been working on some stuff tonight that I'm going to take down this weekend. I ended up also renting one shelf in a locked cabinet and putting several trays of pendants in it. I don't think they are very easy to see but we'll see how it goes! Also getting ready to start reping a line of note cards and stationary. I don't have any sense!!! I'll have to admit I like a lot of activity! My next door neighbor came over late this afternoon to talk to me about getting a group together to lease a large building and open an antique mall!!!! I'm going to have to say no to that I think!

Central, LA(Zone 8b)

Ohhh I wish I was closer!!!

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

So do I Jeri!! Wish you could make it to Kenny and Jim's RU next Sat. Going to be a good group!!! Mary and Lisa just decided they are coming!

Laceys Spring, AL(Zone 7a)

Charlotte, it all sounds wonderful, and I wish I was closer too. Maybe one day I'll make it out your way. Can't make it to the RU. Forgot it is Bama-TN game weekend and we have game tickets and always make it a tailgate weekend with friends. I'll be thinking about y'all though. Sounds like so much fun and would love to meet you all in person.

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

I made a fun sale at my Antique booth this weekend. A couple of weeks ago a picked up a piece of a table that had been set out at the curb to be picked up. I say piece because it originally had been a step table the the top part was missing and one end had gotten wet and needed to have some glue to get it back together. But I decided to see what I could do with it. I have a bunch of fun paper I picked up at an estate sale and decided to use it in some way. I ended up taking regular brown wrapping paper and cutting a piece to fit the top of the table. I put it down with collage sealer/glue. Then I had some pieces of brown paper with chinese writing on it. I just randomly put some of those down and bushed collage sealer over them. When it dried it had some wrinkles in it which kind of added character. Then I wiped some black paint over it to give it an antiqued look and then more collage sealer. I painted the legs black. I put it in my booth late Sat and Sun it sold!! I'm mad at myself because I didn't ever get around to taking a picture of it.

Camden, AR(Zone 8a)

Sounds like fun Charlotte! I bet the people who put it on the curb would have been surprised at how it looked when you finished. Hate that you didn't get a picture though....would have loved to have seen before and after shots of it.

Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

Karen: so sorry about your MIL. Hugs to you and the family!

Sheila: Happy belated birthday! I wasn't online much last week because I have been at my son's house helping out since my DIL had surgery on the 11th. I went home last Friday, then to a seminar in Branson on Saturday where my DD was one of the speakers and back down here to Jacksonville on Monday where my son lives.

I'll be at my son's house all week till Friday afternoon, then over to Charlotte's in Little Rock to spend the night Friday night and on to the RU with her, Kim and Kathy Ann on Saturday morning!

In the meantime, here it is the middle of October so I will start a new thread since no one else has done it. You know girls, any one of us can start a new thread. It doesn't have to be me or Sandra! LOL

Be back in a jiffy with the link!

Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

Here's the link to the new chat thread:

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1226106/

Please join us over here for more chatting!! :o)

NEW THREAD NEW THREAD NEW THREAD NEW THREAD NEW THREAD NEW THREAD NEW THREAD

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.