It's September! Come chat with us!

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

That's the truth about the expressions Marilyn!! My cousin posted some expressions on her status (I need to go back and see what they were) but I could just hear my dad saying it.

Camden, AR(Zone 8a)

Terrye... sorry to hear you are going to have to have surgery, but I bet once you get that gallbladder out you feel better! Hope it doesn't slow you down for long! I laughed out loud when you were talking about your tupperware mixing bowl or whatever they call it... the white one with the measurements on the side and the handle?? WE LOVE OURS!! In fact, I "bought" mine from my Mom at a yard sale years ago because someone had given it to her and she had had it for years and NEVER used it. I bought it from her and used it like crazy! In fact, Jessi is so crazy about it that we bought another one at an estate auction a few years back because sometimes we need two when we are baking a lot of stuff. We let Alex use one when he moved into his apartment in college - (but she really didn't want to part with it) - then this spring when he was back living at home, he accidently set one down on a hot burner and "melted" part of the bottom. It didn't mess with the actual bowl part, just the little lip around the bottom that it sits on - so now it sits crooked, but still works! LOL. Jessi made him take that one to his new house since he insisted on taking one of them! I told them we needed to take Leigh's dremel and see if we could level it up on the bottom, but we haven't tried that..... SO, IF ANYONE ever comes across one of those in good shape at a yard sale, snatch it up for me please! We have looked and looked for another with no luck. And, like Terrye said the "new" ones that tupperware sales is not like the old one! I am afraid Jessi is going to want to take mine when she moves out..... :)

Charlotte, while you are out roaming estate sales - please let me know if you come across any dutch modern desks or bedroom furniture please. It is like looking for a needle in a haystack sometimes and I don't have time to go to all the sales like I used to. I dont care for that style but Alex really loves it and I have promised to try to find him at least a desk in that style.

Went back to LR yesterday for a very long and difficult breathing test. Never been thru one like that because sometimes when I would breath in there would be some type of gas that I was breathing in. The test lasted probably 45 minutes and left me exhausted! I sure hope it was worthwhile and gave them some info they needed! I was tired the rest of the day.... went to bed at 9 because I was so wiped out. Supposed to make two different trips next week. MY PCP is now wanting them to do a ct assisted needle biopsy of one of the enlarged lymph nodes to make sure it isn't lymphoma..... :( don't even like hearing that word! I am SO ready to be feeling better.... I have TOO much to do!!

We only got that little bit of rain on Sunday morning...although several times it appeared we might get some more. It is still really really dry at our house. We didn't get any rain from the hurricanes...... :( not that we need a flood - just some nice steady rain that will have a chance to soak in. Picky aren't I ? ^_^

Have a great day everyone!!
Genna

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Genna hope they get to the bottom of your problem.

I seldom if ever see the style furniture your talking about at estate sales. He might try Soho. She specializes in that style. I take it your talking about the retro look. I'm not positive where her store is right now. She moves it around a lot. I believe she is in the area where Cajun's Wharf is. She used to carry vintage furniture. Not sure if she still does. But all her furniture is modern.

Camden, AR(Zone 8a)

Thanks.... and he also asked that I be on the lookout for a good desk chair ...not an antique but a nice modern ergonomically correct one. He has a cheap one but sitting in it 16 - 18 hrs a day it is giving his back fits. So, just keep your eyes out please.

I will try to look up Soho...

Thanks
Genna

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Genna your probably going to need to go to a regular office furniture store for a good chair. That's something you really need to sit in before you buy. There is a place called Office Liquidators also in the Cajun Wharf area. It's in the first group of buildings just as your getting ready to go to Cajun's. They sell used office furniture but it is the good name brand stuff (at least several years ago that's what they sold).

Camden, AR(Zone 8a)

He does need a "good" office chair but I don't know enough about them to know WHICH brands are supposed to be good! We have bought several here at work recently around the 300 - 400 price tag that havent lasted anytime at all..... of course, some of our chairs have people in them 24/7 but Alex is in his 16 - 18 hrs per day....so it is going to HAVE to be a good one. I will try to look up that office liquidators and see what I find.....

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Richard's family business sold office furniture so he knows the brands. Or at least he used to as things change over the years. I have a desk chair I bought at Furniture Liquidators some time back and it's a really good chair. He told me to buy it. It's a Steelcase. There is a manufacturers tag on it that says it was made in 1983! It's a secretary style as I like something small I can roll around. I just looked at my file cabinets - all professional office furniture. He helped me pick some of them out. I have a Hon that I had bought myself for my Bank Holding Company office and I have 2 Steelcase that he helped me pick out. There is all the difference in the world in the Steelcase and the Hon. I'm sure there are other good brands but that's just one I know is good.
Also if you run into anything by Kittinger it is a very high end line of furniture and very good and durable.

This message was edited Sep 23, 2011 8:14 AM

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

I'm so proud of my son for taking back up something he loves to do. He has always loved art and used to draw when he was young but hasn't done anything since high school. I sent him money for his birthday and he used it to buy art supplies and has taken up drawing again. He posts his stuff in a folder on his facebook that just friends can see if they know it is there! He wouldn't want it posted on my facebook but thought I would share one of his latest drawings. I think it's pretty good for someone that hasn't done anything in 30 years!

Thumbnail by cperdue
Camden, AR(Zone 8a)

Thanks for that info on the chairs Charlotte. That helps alot since I don't know anything about them.

Wow - I would say your son has a LOT of talent! very nice.............. Alex is very artistic and so is Jessica... I can't draw a straight line! :)

By the way.... are you saying the steelcase cabinets are better than the Hon or that the Hon is better?

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Steelcase is the best. Hon is a low end.

Laceys Spring, AL(Zone 7a)

Wow! Steelcase is made in Athens, Alabama, just about 30 miles from here. A friend of mine used to be the business manager there until she retired. It's a very good company. There is also a very high-end office chair made by Herman-Miller, but they run new around $800 or more, but if you could run across a gently used one, it would be a great find. They are very ergonomically designed and great chairs.

Ripley, MS

So sorry to have to give you all some bad news this afternoon, Marilyn is hurting and needs our comfort and prayers. Her dog Friday was killed by a car today, she asked us not to mention it on FaceBook, just here .
Please ask God to comfort her. Friday was her constant companion from the time she got him.

Central, LA(Zone 8b)

Marilyn I am so sorry!!! I know what a constant companion that precious baby was to you and how much you will miss him!!! I was only around him just a few times but the 1st trip to Terrye's he had my heart!!!

Ripley, MS

Yes, he was such a sweet little dog, we all loved him, but poor Marilyn will miss him so much

Is Ashley better today, Jeri?

Laceys Spring, AL(Zone 7a)

Oh, Marilyn, my heart hurts for you over this loss. I know how much Friday meant to you and am deeply sorry for this tragic accident.

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Oh Marilyn!!! I'm so sorry about Friday. I know how much you much be hurting! I know how I would feel if something happened to one of my two. Praying for comfort for you!!

Central, LA(Zone 8b)

She made it all day yesterday and then at 8:30 PM started again until 12:30AM. Then she ate nothing and was good until 6:00AM. Then she made it until 4:30PM. and is good now. She is off all meds except zofran. It melts under her tongue so I know at least that she is getting that one but I don't think she has kept the Advil down yet.

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Is Ashley able to go to school?

Ripley, MS

Maybe she is finally getting over it. Cayla had some "spells" of not being able to breathe when she was around 12-13 Off to the ER we would go, everything would check out good, but she would be scared to death when it happened. We even had a heart work up on her, echo cardigram included--everything was fine.
We finally got it all figured out, she is allergic to mushrooms ! Now she will not touch anything with mushrooms, or mushroom soup in it
How crazy is that??????

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Allergies can cause very funny reactions! And it's hard to figure out what you are allergic too. I know my leg rash was some kind of allergy. I ended up not going to the doctor because I figured there wasn't anything they could do more than what I was doing.
But Ashley has been eating so little food, it doesn't seem like it would be a food item.

Ripley, MS

Yes, that is a good point, but it might be something she is coming in contact with

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

Marilyn, i'm so sorry to hear about Friday. my heart truly goes out to you. I hate to see you have to go through this . i'm praying for you.

Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers. Friday was my beloved furbaby and I will miss him greatly but people are more important and I know I have to keep it in perspective.
Ashley needs prayers that a solution will be found for her. Hugs go out to Jeri and Ashley.

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

He was your furbaby - but those furbabies become a part of your family!!! I know how much you are going to miss him!!

Central, LA(Zone 8b)

Babys are babys and we LOVE our baby's!!!!

I have been reading up on the Vyvance, her ADHD and duh her symptoms are all the side effects. She hasn't had any since Mon. and the NP is looking into changing this med all together. She is to get back with me Mon. Ashley wants to take this one b/c she said it helps her focus. She calls it her smart pill and that is scary!!!

Ripley, MS

Maybe they can use something else that will give the same results

((((((((((Marilyn))))))))

Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

Jeri, you have dmail.

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

i tried to go back up to read about ashley. I couldn't find the post, i have missed much i'm affraid by not showing up here on a daily basis.

Booneville, MS

Marilyn, I'm so sorry about Friday. I know you will miss him.

Jeri, I hope they find out what is causing it soon. That is the hard part, no knowing.

Terrye

Central, LA(Zone 8b)

Kathy Ann the long ordeal may have even been posted on another thread. I feel like I'm in a bubble right now and can't even think!!! I guess that really sounds normal for me!!!

I had to go pick her up Monday night from the football game b/c she threw up. We went to the Dr. and saw the NP Tue. We just had a round of this last month if you remember and they did blood work, tested her urine, did an X-ray, EKG & Sonogram. After a week before the results came in and by that time she was feeling better Dr. Dean felt like it must be a virus b/c NOTHING showed up on any test. Now a month later the same problem. She had just started a new ADHD med in July and I researched it better yesterday on the internet and all the symptoms that she is experiencing are listed as side effects from Vyvance. But since she hasn't taken the med since Mon. if it was that being off this long there should be some improvement but she was dry heaving last night b/c there is nothing left to come up. She devours her food and like most kids eats chicken tenders, hot dogs, hamburgers and not much else. Her idea of a vegetable is french fries and maybe a salad every now and then. Her step sister commented on my FB status that she had experienced something similar a while back and hers was an allergy reaction.

Olive Branch, MS

Jeri my niece went through pretty much the same thing when she was around 13 -14. It went on for a long time ( most of the school season and then some) and they never figured out what was causing it. Hopefully Ashley will get over it soon.

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

When I was that age (13 or 14) I had terrible headaches. So bad I was buying a tin of aspirin a day and I still had headaches. For some reason (who knows what kids think) I wouldn't tell my parents. Finally when the aspirin didn't help I told them about my headaches. Mine turned out to be an allergy. One little tiny pill did miracles for me. I'll never forget that little pill. I've dealt with allergies ever since! As a matter of fact there is an evergreen tree on the campus at LSU that I'm extremely allergic too. I got deathly ill while I was there one summer and finally figured out it was a certain tree that was my problem. As long as I stayed away from the tree I was OK. Hope they figure out Ashley's problem soon!

Central, LA(Zone 8b)

Kenny they never figured it out but she just got better?

Ashley said she starts to feel better and takes the zofran and it makes her sick, so now she is refusing to take it, but her stomach is doing better. Pepto Bismo always makes her throw up. I told her she was just plain different!!! Now it's just the spasm thing going on. She hasn't thrown up since last night.

Olive Branch, MS

As far as I know they never did. I'll see my sister tomorrow evening and find out for sure. I just remember it went on for a long time. She missed a lot of school during that time. She would go days at a time with no problem then it would hit her. Yes, she did get better.

Central, LA(Zone 8b)

I sure hope this doesn't continue much longer!!! She has already loss a lot of weight. I even asked Dr. Stout at the ER if they could tell if maybe she had made herself throw up and he assured me he could and there were no signs of that. I really didn't think so but everything is going through my head. I've already lined up a tutor but that won't start until she is better I think the tutor was afraid of catching something.

Fayetteville, AR(Zone 7b)

((((((((((((((((((MARILYN)))))))))))))))))) I am so sorry to hear about Friday!!! Many many many hugs and prayers are coming at you sweetie!

Yes I have been lurking now and then, just so busy at work I don't have time to post.

Jeri that's scary, I'm glad she's refusing to take that medicine and hopefully all of this will go away with the meds in her system.

Terrye I'm so sorry you have to have your gallbladder removed!! My mom had to have hers removed and she said that was the easiest surgery she's ever had, and she's had A LOT of surgeries and she's still in a ton of pain, she's thinking of a pain pump or something now, she's out of options.

Big big hugs to everyone else, miss you all!!!

Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

Miss you, too, Crissy! and thanks for the hugs and prayers! :o) Hugs right back to you, too!

Jeri: I sure hope Ashley hasn't thrown up any more since Friday night. Please keep us informed about her. Hugs to both of you!

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Christine we've missed you! Hope everything is alright with you!

Fayetteville, AR(Zone 7b)

Oh yeah, everything is fine, I just got rid of Dave for a month! LOL WOO HOOOOO!!!! I've been super busy at work and too tired after work at home to come on. I can't stop yawning now but I've been up since 5:30 this morning and I'm not used to that!

Central, LA(Zone 8b)

Crissy I do that every morning!!! I know with Dave gone you will catch up and actually be bored soon!!! It's amazing what you can accomplished with the DH gone for a while. I'm glad that you have just been busy but know that you have been missed!!!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.