September Weather Fall is near, when does frost hit you ?

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

About time for cooler weather & some rain.

Hot & humid here today. Looking for record temperature. Old record is 92º.

(Zone 7a)

I was just getting ready to do this. Thanks, Bernie!

71º now, sunny and slightly breezy.

Thumbnail by kwanjin
Alexandria, IN(Zone 6a)

Hot here too, but I hope for a late frost and some rain now.

Here is my me and my granddaughter at the Indiana State fair recently.

Thumbnail by Indy
(Zone 7a)

What a cutie pie she is!

Winter Springs, FL(Zone 9b)

Indy...how adorable your grand daughter is.

Alexandria, IN(Zone 6a)

Well, thanks both of you. Kylie is as sweet as her little brother is...well...a boy.

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

Hot with temps around 100. Windy but the humidity wasn't as bad as they were predicting. Under Red Flag alert so no burning allowed.

Switchgrass all spread out. lol. I wish it would hold it's shape all season long but it won't. Still like it though.

Thumbnail by pepper23
Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

It is raining!
About ½" so far, going to continue for a while.

(Zone 7a)

Yea! I love the rain. Especially when accompanied by lightning and thunder.

It ws a lovely 58º at 8:30 this morning. Ahhhhhhhh...

Thumbnail by kwanjin
Londerzeel, Belgium

Got some nice thunderstorms here too last week :)

Thumbnail by Cumulus79

Still hot and humid. One more day then nice weather.

Lantana

Thumbnail by pepper23
Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

75°/85° Scattered showers and thunderstorms. A few storms may be severe. Winds SW at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 50%.

Just reading and catching up.

Hi Indy! Nice to meet you and your beautiful Granddaughter!

Cumulus, awesome lightning! I have been trying for years to get a picture. Kwanjin is another person who posted a lightning picture a couple years ago. I'm so envious, LOL!

Sorry to skip over the regulars, but as usual, I have no time to linger.

We finally got all the furniture and knick-knacks moved into my elderly relative's ''Assisted Living'' rooms, yesterday. At the last minute she was able to get into a bigger room and that was good! We brought a lot more furniture than she would have been able to bring. It looks just like her house now.

Londerzeel, Belgium

Billy: The hardest part is to get a thunderstorm (at least in my country) but the rest is quite easy if you can set your shutter speed for 10-30 seconds or bulb if it's completely dark:)
Hope to get some new shots this night as I see lightning again. We haven't got a summer in Belgium (always cold and windy under 65F) and that's why there was also no thunderstorms until the last two weeks.
Guess it's the price we pay for the warm and dry spring here :)

Baytown, TX(Zone 9a)

Hi Everyone!

We will be lucky to see frost in Dec. at the rate we are going this year.

It is 89 out! WOW! I had not been outside. The prediction was high of 95, but there is a very strong wind. I'll have to go out and check it out! That's the coolest it's been in awhile!

Jeanne

Springboro, PA(Zone 5a)

We had 94°F for a high here today, nearly 20°F higher then the average for this time of year. Another warm one tomorrow then back to normal with highs in the 60's and 70's. We had another nice rainstorm here late Thursday night and lasting until almost noon. BIG lightning show!

She's a cutie-pie Indy!

Hi Jeanne! Are you going to be lucky enough to catch any rain from the tropical storm?

Everything is growing like gangbusters here. Barring an unforeseen calamity my apple crop will be the best ever and my tomatoes have been super productive.

Photo: Pineapple heirloom tomatoes...........bigger then softballs and sweet as a peach!

early_bloomer

Thumbnail by Early_Bloomer

Hot and humid til mid afternoon when a fast moving storm moved in. Brought some wind, heavy downpours and some cooler weather. It isn't as cool as it's gonna be though. But the rain is much needed. Our ground is dry quite aways down but now the plants are happy!! Hoping to get out and plant on Monday while it's nice.

Thumbnail by pepper23

Pepper,
What a precious, precious picture of your kitty!

(Zone 7a)

That needs to be on a calendar. LOL

Winter Springs, FL(Zone 9b)

EB nice tomatoes...yum! I am on a cooking website and everyone in PA have been going on and on about how great their gardens have been this year.
Pepper glad you got some rain and cooler temps...sounds wonderful and I love the kitty in the flower pot...kitties seem to like flower pots...don't they?
Cumulus nice lightning shot...I'm always trying to capture lightning...not an easy task.

It has been comfortable here the last couple days, was 71 when I did my morning walk yesterday and felt so wonderful...that is the coolest it has been in the early AM since May. Had company last night and we all stayed outside sitting under the shade of the trees, was 84 and only fifty percent humidity and the breeze very strong and we all commented on how pleasant it felt.

No worry about frost here until December...only worry about hurricanes for now. I'm heading to the beach for a week, this is where you'll find me in the morning...Hurricanes stay away.

Thumbnail by sunkissed
Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

59°/73° Sunny. Winds NNW at 15 to 25 mph.

Cumulus, yes, I forgot you are not a rainy area. I'm glad you were able to get at least one lightning picture. I'm not camera savey, so I just took video yesterday so I can listen to the thunder :o)

Jeanne, I am not going to say I miss the Summer heat. I sure wish everyone had had a better year than the one we got.

Early, it sounds like you had a good summer! Those tomatoes are just beautiful!!

Pepper, same wonderful rain here, but not the wind or downpour. A good soaking, sometimes hard, rain.

Absolutely love Whiskers! It's the perfect picture and definately calender AND jigsaw puzzle worthy!!

Sunkissed, your weather sounds very nice! I need to get out and walk too. I lost weight during August and sure don't want it back!!

Wow, what a picture to make someone envious, LOL!! That's beautiful!! Florida has some really great skies.

Thankfully it rained, stopped, rained, stopped, etc. all day yesterday. We got 1 & 3/10''!! We're chilly all week. Now maybe I can get some flowers moved!

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Sunny. 53º this morning, going for 68º.
Low tonight forecast @ 44º.
Fall is here!

Terrific day at market yesterday. Sold everything. We run out of some kinds of onions. Sold all of our canning tomatoes. (3 bushels, about). Watermelons & muskmelons all gone.
We had 2, 8ft bed pickups & our trailer full when we went.
6 of us to wait on customers & still people had to wait.
This is what we call a fun day!!

BIL & wife are coming for visit today. They will go visit his mother at the nursing home. She is 93 & in good health, but mind is mixed up from a small stroke a year ago. My wife visits quite often. BIL lives 200 miles from here.

We did get some rain yesterday, so now I need to mow lawn. It's been 2 or 3 weeks since last mowing.
I have a student coming this week to clean up & mulch my flower beds. Haven't had much done to them since spring.

Londerzeel, Belgium

I got more lightning pictures from an exeptionally active t-storm last night, hope you enjoy them :)

Thumbnail by Cumulus79
Londerzeel, Belgium

Electrified Musa basjoo: a long and cold winter is coming, but its batteries are fully charged again ;)

Thumbnail by Cumulus79
Londerzeel, Belgium

One of my ultimate dreams: seeing a thunderbolt reflecting on the water of my swimming pond

Thumbnail by Cumulus79
Londerzeel, Belgium

Cool picture with my greenhouse on it ;)

Thumbnail by Cumulus79
Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Cool!
The last one would make a good entry in the photo contest.

Perfect weather today!! Temps in the mid 70s with a nice breeze. Lows tonight will be in 50s.

Here's another pic of him in the pot. He's always been a good poser for me. lol

Thumbnail by pepper23
Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

53°/69° Sunny. Winds NNE at 10 to 20 mph.

Bernie, it's freezing here this morning!

Fantastic day at Market!

Cumulus, WOW!! Those are exceptional!

Pepper, he is adorable! He looks like a snuggler that just melts in your arms :o)

We started closing windows yesterday to conserve heat and I only opened the South and East where the sun was. It's too soon to have to sleep with everything closed :o(

I did get a lot more weeds pulled and planted two ornamental grasses a friend gave me. Now I only have a few more things to plant. Yayyy! Thank you rain!

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

no rain. 70 degrees now at 9:30 am. for the past two months it has been 100 and climbing at this time of day. YAY!

Same temps as Bp. Very nice!!

I pulled more weeds out of veggie garden and got radishes and carrots planted. Also got my witch hazels planted. Just need to plant my ornamental grass and put my magnolia in a bigger pot. Need to find something to insulate pot with for the winter too. Any ideas?

Whiskers is a snuggler!! LOL. He was sleeping in my lap earlier, decided he didn't like that, and moved to my side here in my chair. lol. Not much room but he made do by putting his head on my lap. Just now threw him back outside for the night.

Thumbnail by pepper23
Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

47°F/71° Sunny. Winds NE at 5 to 10 mph.

Weather doesn't get much simpler than that :o)

Lou, I hope this will be the change in the weather that you need. Now if it would just rain for you for a few days, things would be a lot better.

Pepper, that reminds me. I have onion tops to plant. Dad has the Egyption Walking Onions and has, ever since I was a kid. I can't resist planting them for a spring onion.

Petey will sit with me while I'm watching TV and sleep by my pillow at night. Zoe will knead, with claws. and try to hypnotize me to snuggle him, drooling all the time. He looks like a little bat face anyway, so he cracks me up! They are moore likely to ask when it turns colder out. Cats. They sure make you love them :o)

I weeded and got the last of my potted plants in the ground yesterday. I had a mint plant in a large pot, so I found one a little larger, lined it with paper, mainly to keep the roots from sneaking out so fast and sunk both in the ground for the winter. Somehow, I think I will have new mint plants all over anyway, LOL! It's wonderful to just walk past it and smell spearmint. You dont even have to touch it. I love it!

I mowed, so the half brown yard looks presentable again. I also vacuumed and mopped while DH set the landscaping stones in. All our little jobs keep getting done.

Zoe (grey) and Petey

Thumbnail by billyporter
Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

Love the red carpet. When we first did the add-on of the family room, the carpet was red. Two red recliners, red plaid valance all the way around the room. That was 1981 and it is all worn out and replaced. Kitties are pretty.

(Zone 7a)

Sally always says what I was going to say. LOL Thanks, Sally! LOL We have a drooler, too. Cleo makes sure everyone has some! ^_^

A bit cooler here. Low-mid 80s and chance of thunderstorms.

Thumbnail by kwanjin

Still another perfect day.

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

THE STATE OF TEXAS IS ON FIRE!

I heard about that. AngelSong has offered up her pasture for fire victims who need pasture for their horses or other pets. It's a shame to hear about the fires though. Hope it doesn't get near you!! I have family in Tyler and Houston too.

(Zone 7a)

Texas residents and their families and friends our in our thoughts. This has been a most horrid year.

Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

49°/74° Sunny. Winds NNE at 10 to 15 mph.

Thanks Lou. This carpet has been down since 1986. I still love the color.

Celia, it's cause we think alike :o)

I love the sky. The jet is pretty cool too!

Pepper, I hate to say so, but it's near perfect here too.

Oh Lou, I hope it's not near you! I haven't had time to be anywhere near a TV.

That's pretty nice of Angelsong to do that.

Celia, you said it. My heart goes out to texas this year.

I finally get to stay home today. All day.

Another perfect day. A bit chilly at night but I can deal with that no problem!! LOL

(Zone 7a)

We are having what I call "perfect weather," too. Low 80s in the daytime and mid-upper 50s at night. Perfect.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.