Chocolate Basil? Is the 3rd time the charm?

POTTSBORO, TX(Zone 7b)

Welcome to Chapter 3.
Please note that only serious searchers for the elusive chocolate basil are allowed in here.

We came from:
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1109970/

This message was edited Aug 31, 2011 4:05 PM

Highland Heights, KY(Zone 6a)

Thanks for the new thread!

POTTSBORO, TX(Zone 7b)

Sorry I didn't do it before--I knew we had some dial-ups here

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Dial up. How quaint!
I've been reading your "storyline" on the CB. I think yall need to write it up and send it in to Hollywood. Maybe to G.Lucas. He'll get right to it, after he finishes making "The Plant that Ate Dirty Socks"... :)
ps that's a real book--very cute for the little kiddies.

Everglades, FL(Zone 10a)

We only recently got cable.
Don't make fun of the "dial-ups". They feel bad enough.
I Had DG in the city many years ago then moved to BFegypt with no satellite, it was a disappointment but if that's all you have, that is ALL YOU HAVE.

DeLand/Deleon Spring, FL(Zone 8b)

I thought that comment was kinda in bad taste too....I live out in the sticks too, and many years of dial up before I switched. It's a PIA but cyber is right, sometimes that's all that is available.

NOW...don't make Squatch mad ! He probably has dial up too !!!

Midland City, AL

That’s how my god-parents keep me in line. I weed and mow for satellite. They could do what they need done with dialup and save lots of money. I wouldn’t be able to play World of Warcraft though. Battling the Horde everyday keeps me in shape for when I face Squatch and Loch Nestle to win my start of CB.
While playing an old farming game called “Harvest Moon,” a thought occurred to me. I could design a better game based on the Great Search. A game that could be played using dialup. Squatch, Loch Nestle, THE ole Dodge and Ms. Bear would get their cut of the profits, of course. Squatch needs a make-over. T.O.D. needs a new muffler. Nestle needs plane fare back to Choc Loch. And, of course, Ms. Bear, needs more nail polish. Whatever is left over could go into the Dream Herb Development Fund. ~N~

I liked the comment that dialup is "quaint"...it reminds me that living in the country is a beautiful thing, despite the inconveniences. Heck, we're lucky to still have "country" land, what with all the cities encroaching upon our peace and quiet.
Still, it would sure be nice to have a bit faster dialup than my lousy 26.4kbps ...even city dialup folks have 56kbps. *sigh*

POTTSBORO, TX(Zone 7b)

Squatch have dial up---Squatch no like the city.
Sez "too many strange characters there" :-)

Deep East Texas, TX(Zone 8a)

Does "dial up" come in chocolate???

POTTSBORO, TX(Zone 7b)

LOL-pod--it does-how did you know? But in this heat the keyboard gets a bit sticky after eating CB covered habanero peppers.

jyhgkjffiytfiuviuhpitiufkhbjfuoihopigiutfuyredytwtrwatyduygfuhihigh

This message was edited Sep 2, 2011 5:49 PM

Deep East Texas, TX(Zone 8a)

Roflol ~ next thing we know you'll be dining on the keyboard!

POTTSBORO, TX(Zone 7b)

Squatch is not quite ready to "come out of the closet" yet. But I will out him--He does lick the keyboard on occasion.

iujfifufuyfuyfty--SLURP--lkjglkglkhg-SLURP

POTTSBORO, TX(Zone 7b)

Guess we'll be offline for a while--Squatch got carried away and bit off the p;lop//.,/,]-=0'..[; end of the keyboard.
Then the rascal ate my dirty socks.

POTTSBORO, TX(Zone 7b)

Philosophy of the day--------It ain't easy living with a Squatch

Hmm....did anyone else notice the last four letters of that first long string of letters that Vor typed??
O.O

Midland City, AL

I didn't know chocolate basil had that effect. That would explain why it is so sought after. It might only be the combination of chocolate basil and habanero peppers though (Jim)

POTTSBORO, TX(Zone 7b)

Kind of amazing to look back and see that the last 4 letters- actually spell a word--Somewhere I heard that if you let a million monkeys or one Squatch loose on a keyboard they will eventually type out the Gettysburg address.

oiugufrdsytiugyophohiguiuydytuyfigiogiuiuiugpohppk[ppj;ioutfuyyjkfhgdfygsesacfh

So I decided to test that theory--and concluded that all of the "oiugufrds" were our friends--
Squatch is still working on the Gettysburg speech thingy.

Ole Dodge is squinting her headlights and and readying her 4 wheel drive, thinking this would be a good time for a CB raid, since Squatch appears to be some what "distracted" at the moment..what ya think troops ??

POTTSBORO, TX(Zone 7b)

mjs--Do you think Loch Nestle has not already reported the unrest in that old Dodge to us?

Besides Squatch always has one eye on the CB patch. So don't be foolish.

HA....................do not underestimate an Old Dodge with an "Almost Ole Broad at the Wheel".......

Ozone, AR(Zone 6a)

Hello! Bring that dodge around my way and you'll have a really old broad aboard. As in Quaint ole broad.

This message was edited Sep 3, 2011 10:19 PM

POTTSBORO, TX(Zone 7b)

Old Dodges, New brooms and quaint 'ol broads ain't no match for 'ol goats

Cando is all bluff! She went within 10 miles of here and never even thought about CB.

Ozone, AR(Zone 6a)

You think so Vort. I was back over there last night. Just got back from Longview. SNATCHED 2 chocolate basil plants and one cucumber(kinda yellowish)
What in the world were you burning in your B-B-Q pit? It smelled like a combination of chicken feathers,rubber,wet doghair and cow pattys! Ms Bear said it reminded her of one of her kin! WE SMELLED IT FOR 100 MILES BEFORE WE GOT THERE. White seagulls were flying thru the smoke thudding to the ground in a large yellow cloud of solid globs of gooey,gluey,goopy bird mass. Fortunately I waived my magic wand and they came back to life and flew off wearing beautiful coats of neon green feathers.I kinda forgot the whole of the white formula.

I have one chocolate basil plant for trade. I want one black unicorn,5 Irish elfs,The Hope Diamond.6 bottles of French wine made in 1492,All the keys to Fort Knox,The fountain of youth,The Brooklyn Bridge,All the borderland in Arizona that will be a future beach, A map to the Lost Dutchman mine and copyrights to this thread.
I do NOT want to be invited to VORTS for B-B-Q!
MISS Bear wants to know if anyone has a lacy white blouse size 80,She can borrow.

ROFLMOL.............trying not to wake up the whole farm !

This message was edited Sep 4, 2011 3:28 AM

POTTSBORO, TX(Zone 7b)

If you really must know our favorite "secrete" bbq recipe.

Fresh road killed opossum
Dredge in wet chicken feathers
Wrap with an inner-tube from an old Dodge tire
Baste often with rendered Yak fat
Smoke with Oleander wood and poison ivy charcoal
Sprinkle with burnt broom straw
Glaze with chocolate basil

UUUUUMMMMM--SOOO GUUUD

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

MMMMMM. When's dinner??

Sorry, I REALLY didn't mean to insult any dial up peeps. Quaint is all good...

Now I will butt out of your thread.

POTTSBORO, TX(Zone 7b)

bariolio---please feel welcome to stay

Bariolio, it's all in fun! Stay and play!

Midland City, AL

No! No, bariolio! Please feel welcome…unless you are planning to join VORT’s side of the conflict. I’m sure one of us knows how to B-B-Q a possum for you, if that’s your price. I make excellent breaded and deep-fried gator tail, but I’m not allowed to serve it anymore. mjsponies signed up her Florida gators as our allies so eating them would be in poor taste. They keep Loch Nestle out of our waterways so she can’t spy. VORT is spreading misinformation when he says LN knows what the Ole Dodge is up to. There is no way Nestle got passed the gator patrol.
BTW, I could have sworn VORT said LN was land-locked by the drought. (VORT, you really need someone with a good memory who doesn’t indulge in the CB/Habanero combination, to manage your misinformation campaign.)
Not to mention, bariolio, you can’t just start something and then take off without dealing with the consequences. You’ve got to know the….more mature individuals here will start harping about how “quaint” they are. You can’t leave those of us with less life experience to deal with that alone. ~Nadine~

Sansai87 - Oh yeah ....Those of us who have been around take all harassment in style...( actually we keep very detailed records to get revenge) The Ole Dodges odometer really has a gauge that is measured in Dg's ID Names, with Squatch being in the gonna burn up range, Vort's right behind. And then there's......................................................................................
well, No One, cause all the others are allies. Vort and Squatch are just worried cause our numbers are increasing, and the Ultimate Chocolate Basil Raid will be too much for them to handle.

SE/Gulf Coast Plains, AL(Zone 8b)

I prefer "vintage" to "quint" myself. k*

Ozone, AR(Zone 6a)

I'm so quaint I'm totally antique.
Welcome! Welcome! Bariolio The more the merrier.
I've been thinking about asking my friend, Marie LeVoe from New Orleans to join.She's been busy putting a spell on BP oil company execs. for messing up her favorite swimmin hole. ANOTHER MAN DONE GONE!!!!

Midland City, AL

That's why we handle you with such care, Vickie, you're a valuable antique. It ain't because we scared or nothing.
Yes, my dearly beloved is “vintage.” She is like a fine bottle of aged….balsamic vinegar.
I read Victor Carrano’s article today, and took the plunge. I ATE flowers. Chive flowers, to be precise. I still draw the line at quiche. And, just for the record, I ate my flowers sprinkled over potatoes alongside a bloody piece of meat.
BTW, can you eat Chocolate Basil flowers? (Jim)

POTTSBORO, TX(Zone 7b)

CB flowers are delish.

I was getting a little worried about being outnumbered but Squatch calmly reminded me that about 480 BC he was the chief trainer in Sparta and a little over 60 years ago he taught a fellow named "George S. Patton" all he knew----------------------annnnnnnd he beat Chuck Norris to a pulp.
That's when he became known as "Squatch Wallace"

If you folks will just go back and read your history

Greece----(480 bc) 300 Spartans slayed 10,000 Persians but there was a guy named Bigfoot Spartacus that killed 9,999 of them before he escaped hoping the 300 Spartans could handle the remaining Persian.

Texas (1839)-- Squatch Wallace ( a descendent of Braveheart William Wallace) was a member of the Texas Rangers. He was later to be known, more accurately, as "Bigfoot Wallace". The only person to ever beat up Chuck Norris.

Europe----(1943 -the battle of Bastogne) A fellow named Bubba Squatch singlehandedly relieved the surrounded city so George Patton could march in and take the credit.

That's my story and I'm stickin to it.

Midland City, AL

Speaking of alternative history, :-) Vickie, check this book out, 1824: The Arkansas War by Eric Flint. Your friend Marie is in this one, if I remember right. I would check it out again to see, but you may remember how Squatch’s brother used my library card to check out some books and didn’t return them in time. I had to read to little kids for weeks to pay off my fine. It has left me traumatized. Humans under the age of 7 are terrifying creatures. I will crack if I have to read “Green Eggs and Ham” one more time. It gave me the idea for a children’s book though, “Squatch eats Squash.” Whatcha think?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1824:_The_Arkansas_War
I guess you could simply fire up the Technicolor broom and visit this timeline, but I’ve heard the fuel cost for time travel and alternate dimension brooms are outrageous. ~N~

POTTSBORO, TX(Zone 7b)

LOL San.

POTTSBORO, TX(Zone 7b)

Will be off for a while---'puter crashed
And Squatch is making me read "Horton Hears a Who!" over and over
The card inside the book says it's checked out to someone in Alabama. Starts with an S.

Ozone, AR(Zone 6a)

I shall sorely miss Vort.
I remember William Wallace. He's a long lost relative.He and Custer were good friends at the Army academy. He had a chance to go to the Little Big Horn But Squatch warned him that it might be a little risky there.So ole slick Willy opted out. Went to someplace called Sutters Mill in Callyfornia.Than i heard Squatch followed him and was the object of tales in Northern Calyfornia
Slick Willy was a good ole boy.Never could build a decent still tho.

Shawnee Mission, KS(Zone 6a)

Interesting thread. I had to scroll back up to the top to see if I had really clicked on the Chocolate Basil thread.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.