Critters Big and Small Vol. 10

Jim Falls, WI(Zone 4a)

Oh those poor cattle!

Putnam County, IN(Zone 5b)

hard to tell but they really can get in & out easily......they really like it in there!

Port Elizabeth, South Africa(Zone 10a)

Shame - even I can see it must have been pretty hot!

Jim Falls, WI(Zone 4a)

I can see why they like it in that heat! Reminds me of the time we were raising a few steers. They got out traveled down the road. Through the woods. Down another road to the neighbors lake where they cooled off their hot little feet! Wonder how long they were planning that escape?

Oh that is funny!! :)

Chippie spotted on my walk this morning. They must be getting ready for winter. I have been seeing them often the past week in the mornings when I walk.

Thumbnail by nanny_56
Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Up in the mountain 10,000 feet elevation! In Albuquerque N.M. I found this chipmond getting ready for seasonal changes too. :)

Thumbnail by Lily_love
Grand-Falls, NB(Zone 4a)

Ha, the chippies are out and about again! I don't know what happen to the one I had in Spring. I haven't seen him, and the squirrels all Summer . I wonder if the fox, that was hanging around got them.
I do however, have something that's been digging around my window well.

Thumbnail by burn_2007
Grand-Falls, NB(Zone 4a)

I found these 3 deers, in a field this evening.

Thumbnail by burn_2007
Craig Co., VA(Zone 7a)

Found a beautiful Gray Fox dead in the road this morning. It didn't have much damage, just looked like it was sleeping. (I didn't think anybody would want to see a picture.)

Awww....shame about the fox. :(

Grand-Falls, NB(Zone 4a)

Aww that is a shame. They are not that common either.

I found a Walking Stick today outside the sliding door! I haven't seen one of these in a long time!!

Thumbnail by nanny_56
Central, AL(Zone 7b)

That's so cool the walking stick, I haven't seen one in a long while. I took a pix of a yellow and black Writing Spider, but can't find the pix at the moment.

I am back from a 4 day bundu bash covering all the foreground, background and hills in far back ground...this is a taster, just arrived 3 hours ago, so excited, animals, lots of plants and birds.....

Thumbnail by Little_things
Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Oh what beauty nature has to offer one there. Rian, bundu bash?

Sorry, thought it was a known expression - driving off-road (gravel) with a 4x4 or walking through the bushes - in other words places you would normally not go with a road vehicle (car)! LOL! Exploring off main roads...

Winter Springs, FL(Zone 9b)

Must be something to see elephants when doing some off road driving.

This is some of things we see here in Florida while out hiking in the bush....LOL

Thumbnail by sunkissed
Winter Springs, FL(Zone 9b)

I imagine he can move pretty fast if he wanted to

Thumbnail by sunkissed
Grand-Falls, NB(Zone 4a)

Amazing Elephant shot, awesome, what else do you have in store for us, Rian?
Sunkissed, must be unnerving to come upon something so big, and ferocious. Were they having their siesta?

Thumbnail by burn_2007

Will do my best burn, lily. Sunkissed, I did not see hippo or crocks, to much of a charge and could not spend time in any one place for long, but did go into a cage with crocks at the rehab centre, after I was assured they were still slow (early morning).

Fredericksburg, VA(Zone 7a)

Had my last summer vacation a couple weeks ago. Saw so many birds and other wildlife... thought I'd share a few!

Chincoteague is known for their ponies, but they are also known for the Sika Elk that live there.

Here is a doe and her fawn...

Thumbnail by VA_Wild_Rose

A closer look at the fawn...

Always some White-tailed Deer around too.

Here is a doe...

And a close-up of one of her twins... she's checking me out!

A spider and her fly...

An Eastern Six-lined Racerunner... (say that five times fast!)

Black Rat Snakes...

Central, AL(Zone 7b)

How sweet a pix, Wild Rose. Love the Doe and fawn, the babe is almost an exact image of momma!

Just one of the many birds we saw...

Black-necked Stilts... juvie in front and Mom in back.

More of my birds can be seen on the latest Bird Watching Daily Bird Pics thread... Vol. 413... http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1217794/

Thanks Lily!

And finally, the highlight of our vacation! A dolphin watching boat tour was very successful!

Here is one of the calves...

How can you not smile back?

Following the boat...

The wave runner...

Thanks for looking! Have a good weekend!

Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Wow, what's a nice series there Wild Rose. Thanks for sharing. I'm not sure what I've gotten here. A Praying Mantis nymph?

Thumbnail by Lily_love

Love the pics VARose - dolphins always close to my heart - we miss them immediately if we do not see them on a particular day! Should be great to get so close.

Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Two strangest critters but also sweetest ones you will ever meet. The pair were taking advantage of the cooler temp. (which has been rare) all through summer to sun bath.

Thumbnail by Lily_love

Aahhh... I've said it once, I'll say it again...
I just love that dock Lily!

Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Thank you Wild Rose. You're cordially invited to come and visit.

so pretty...and them critters are really cute!

Grand-Falls, NB(Zone 4a)

Wild-Rose, love your dolphins shots. Wish I could see them in person. A great variety of wildlife as well. All very lovely.
Kim, your furry friends seem so content on your dock, but then, who wouldn't be. Great setting.

Just dropping in to say hi to everyone. I'm on my DH's computer, my laptop gave up on me. It will be a while before I can get another one.:(

Since I can't upload my SD card, I'll share a few That my GDs took this Summer. Checkerspot butterflies

This message was edited Sep 12, 2011 9:28 PM

Thumbnail by burn_2007

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.