Dany's MG 2011 - 02

szarvas, Hungary

It's not really the same flower!... perhaps this one !

Thumbnail by dany12
Loveland, CO

I agree with your comment, "the notes are the same but the final symphony has more vibrato!"
Your blooms are beautiful!

(Debra) Derby, KS(Zone 6a)

Quote from StephTheNeighbor :
I agree with your comment, "the notes are the same but the final symphony has more vibrato!"
Your blooms are beautiful!

I agree!

(Becky) in Sebastian, FL(Zone 10a)

Dany - This one is beautiful! http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/fp.php?pid=8699125 The I. nil above does indeed look similar to Flying Saucers! Cool!

I have the same setting on my camera. I use the color saturation option. I agree that the flowers look more like what I see with my eyes using that camera setting.

szarvas, Hungary

One of my cross it 's not a large flower but I think it has a lot of 'presence' - personality!

Thumbnail by dany12
szarvas, Hungary

Large pink , perhaps Heian no Haru ! but this pink is more hot and solid colored .

Thumbnail by dany12
szarvas, Hungary

If it could be fertile! wow!

Thumbnail by dany12
szarvas, Hungary

Nice blue!

Thumbnail by dany12
szarvas, Hungary

First time the camera takes the exact color of this purple blizzard.

Thumbnail by dany12
szarvas, Hungary

Large pink silk.

Thumbnail by dany12
szarvas, Hungary

This one looks like that of Emma.
http://pics.davesgarden.com/pics/2011/07/19/EmmaGrace/32a35b.jpg

Thumbnail by dany12

Dany - Very lovely all of them! This one is quite remarkable: http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/fp.php?pid=8703032 Was it sterile or were you able to hand-pollinate it? And I love that Pink Silk! Just beautiful!

Jacksonville, AR(Zone 7b)

Gorgeous blooms Dany. Becky said it, bloom in post ending 3032 is remarkable, never seen anything like it
and might never again. I like your blue cross too and the pinks

szarvas, Hungary

Thanks, Becky...Jackie.
These flowers ( 3032 )are always sterile ( till now ), even very early in the morning !
Sazanami sometime is fertile very early in the morning and one hour later stamens are brown and pollen rotted.
Even the flowers that show only a white style I have doubts about fertility!

Thumbnail by dany12

Dany - I had the same problem with Sazanami. Early on with the first few blooms they seemed to have viable pollen. But as the vine aged, the blooms became completely sterile. No viable anthers or stamens - everything was shrunken and brown. Very disappointing! Maybe you will get lucky and get a good cross! :-)

Mesilla Park, NM

VERY NICE, I love your Sazanami!!

szarvas, Hungary

Finally, Silver Shadows come out !

Thumbnail by dany12
szarvas, Hungary

Small flower !

Thumbnail by dany12
szarvas, Hungary

Interesting color!

Thumbnail by dany12
szarvas, Hungary

Ipomoea Cairica.

Thumbnail by dany12
szarvas, Hungary

Ipomoea indica Edith Piaf.

Thumbnail by dany12
szarvas, Hungary

Purpurea remarkable, I put a tag !

Thumbnail by dany12
szarvas, Hungary

An other, so clean !
Tree color flower !

Thumbnail by dany12
szarvas, Hungary

A detail more closely.

Thumbnail by dany12
szarvas, Hungary

Part of the garden that blooms not yet, in the container MG bloom earlier.

Thumbnail by dany12
szarvas, Hungary

Sunflowers too !

Thumbnail by dany12
Gautier, MS

All your blooms are amazing Dany. Love that purpurea!

szarvas, Hungary

Thanks Helena !
For me 2011 is the year of purpurea ... the return. LOL
Here tree colors : white, dark blue and clear blue.

Thumbnail by dany12

Dany - 2011 has been the year for me to grow I. purpureas outdoors! They've done the best of all my MGs this year. :-) Your tagged purpurea is awesome! Love it! I really like the color of the Ipomoea indica Edith Piaf. A much softer blue than the I. indica that I have.

I like your Silver Shadows cross a lot! The blooms turned out so awesome! You really have had a nice show of MGs this year, Dany!

Jacksonville, AR(Zone 7b)

Dany, I love the Silver Shadows cross too. Also the pale blue right below with the white star is special.
All your blooms are gorgeous esp the purpurea and the different strain of indica.

szarvas, Hungary

Here an purpurea with only the skin on bones!

Thumbnail by dany12
szarvas, Hungary

A new from those days.

Thumbnail by dany12
szarvas, Hungary

Full of color !

Thumbnail by dany12
szarvas, Hungary

Not very double - can be a simple wave.

Thumbnail by dany12
szarvas, Hungary

interesting color ( I put a tag ) - but under the rain , is there fecondation ?

Thumbnail by dany12
Mesilla Park, NM

Dany,
that I. cairica will root from cuttings, make sure you make some extra plants of that one, maybe you already do. A friend of mine used to grow this and it took over her yard so she pulled it all out... darn .... she did send me a rooted cutting and It did bloom for me, but I think I only got one seed and when we moved here it just didn't make it through the storage at the location we had them, by the time it took for us to find a house most of my species mgs were gone.

Have you seen pods forming yet on I. cairica?

Pretoria, South Africa

Dany,

I just love http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/fp.php?pid=8720855. Would love to see how the seeds turn out...

Elsa

love the waves, Dany.

A. I have tons of I. cairica. How many do you want?? LOL

Mesilla Park, NM

Debra, you do? OOOH, I'd love at least 4 seeds, just in case I can't germinate them. I didn't know you were growing this one! Let me know if there is anything I've got that you may want in trade.... do you by chance have any of the pandurata seeds also, I'd like to try to grow yours along with patootie's.

I don't know what happened to my computer, but all the letters are coming out really small and long sentences, did DG do something to change the site?

A.

I bet it is the resolution, anyway, Danys Mgs are so pretty, love to see his bloom as always.
send me a dmail with your address, A.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.