Morning Glories 2011 #06

Jacksonville, AR(Zone 7b)

To return to our previous thread
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1188128

Hattie Bell "09"

Thumbnail by patootie
(Becky) in Sebastian, FL(Zone 10a)

I grew Hattie Bell several years ago and was impressed with the size of the blooms and great color! Yours is really nice, Jackie! Thanks for starting a new thread!

You're welcome Becky. It does make nice size blooms. Sets lots of sds as I recall.

Garland, TX(Zone 8a)

'Matsu-no-yuki'

Thumbnail by nifty413
Garland, TX(Zone 8a)

White Hige

Thumbnail by nifty413
Garland, TX(Zone 8a)

'Cocoa Chocolate'

Thumbnail by nifty413

Nick, Cute little Hige. I like the no Yuki, don't think I've ever seen that one. Your
Cocoa Choc is a nice dark color.

Garland, TX(Zone 8a)

Thanks Jackie...

The blooms are having a bit of a rough time... my backyard thermometer next to the MG's recorded a high of 101(°F) yesterday, a low of 82, and a high today of 103. All the while the wind is blowing at 20-30 m.p.h. with gusts to 40. Poor blooms last about an hour before either being torn to pieces or becoming shriveled like raisins! I'm just glad I can catch the small window of opportunity while they still look decent!

-Nick

Nick, almost as bad here and no rain for weeks. We have a little cool front
expected here by Wed or so. Highs will be in the 80's for 3 or 4 days, cause to celebrate. :-)

Garland, TX(Zone 8a)

I'm going to wash my car to help increase the chance of rain! ;-)

Gautier, MS

Nice blooms Nick under your rough conditions. It's very hot here too and no rain! I'm lucky to get blooms but don't want to see my water bill.

Mauve Stars and Stripes

Thumbnail by helenahkh
Gautier, MS

Jackies Weird Saz cross with nice blooms.

Thumbnail by helenahkh
Gautier, MS

Pink Fuchsia from 2009 seed

Thumbnail by helenahkh
Gautier, MS

Stars and stripes from Asagao Japanese seller

Thumbnail by helenahkh
Gautier, MS

Pink Stars from Onalee's Ip nil vine!

Thumbnail by helenahkh

Nick, that's a great idea. My car is filthy so I think I'll do the same. We have a 60% chance of rain coming in a couple of days. Maybe I'll bribe my g kids to help me as they love any excuse to play in the hose.
Helena, great blooms. My Weird Purple Saz blooms came true for you, very pretty.

My Mauve Splash F1 finally bloomed it's first bloom. It started out right away with some stripes. Usually I don't see that until the later blooms.

Thumbnail by beckygardener

I am not sure what this cross is. It is supposed to be Mauve Splash or Sazanami. Must be a seed that was a cross. I remember that Sazanami didn't have much pollen, so I would cross it with whatever was blooming at the time and had pollen. Might be a cross with Pink Porcelain Blizzard. Sure looks like it! It will be interesting to see how the blooms may change as the vine ages.

I. indica had a double bloom near the bottom of the arbor.

Nick - Lovely blooms! I like this one: 'Matsu-no-yuki'

Helena - Beautiful every single solitary bloom! I really like the Stars and stripes! :-)

Becky, Nice Mauve Splash. I like what might be
a Pink Porcelain Blizzard cross too.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie and Becky! Love your blooms Becky, your Mauve Splash is quite striking!

Black King vine #1

Thumbnail by helenahkh
Gautier, MS

Vine #2 with Black King

Thumbnail by helenahkh
Gautier, MS

Pink Porcelain blizzard

Thumbnail by helenahkh
Gautier, MS

A new mg vine

Thumbnail by helenahkh
Gautier, MS

Not sure about the spelling but this is Haru no Hikari

Thumbnail by helenahkh

Beautiful blooms Helena. Wonder if your no Hikari is a cross? I was thinking
no Hikari is a white with pink throat but I'm not sure of anything right now, lol
Too many Sr moments.

I did a search to find out about the color of the Hikari. I found a photo of a Japanese seed packet and the color of the bloom looks like yours, Helena. Jackie, I didn't know for sure what color it was supposed to be either.

Helena - Your Black King are beautiful!!!! The color tones are different on each one of the vines. Very, very nice! That Pink Porcelain was a prolific bloomer for me every time I've grown it! Yours looks to be just as abundant in flowers! All are lovely!

Becky thanks for looking for the no Hikari. The one I was thinking of is Akatsuki no Hikari, it is a white with pink eye. Your soft pink is beautiful Helena.

My Plum Tie Dye opened this morning. Thanks to A for sharing her sds

Thumbnail by patootie

Split 2nd with a new bloom

Gee wheres my pic, lol

Thumbnail by patootie

Jackie - Nice Plum Tie Dye bloom! Split Second looks similar to Pink Hige. Maybe a little paler in color. Pretty!

More Mauve Splash blooms today.

Here is the kicker ...

This is what the MS typically looks like on the early blooms.

But this other vine is showing some typically later patterning on it's early blooms. Will be interesting to see what the blooms progress to as the vine ages. It's gonna change, you can bet on it. This might be a cross of Sazanami and Mauve Splash (mother vine).

Thanks Becky, Love your Mauve Splash.That last bloom is very special. Love
the burst of color in the center.

Thanks, Jackie!

My I. purpurea higes are still going strong! They dropped some seeds and even more vines have sprouted. I am enjoying them and will let that pot of vines grow and bloom until the vines take their last breath! LOL!

Your higes have been beautiful this yr Becky. People around here
have not seen anything like them.

Gautier, MS

Beautiful blooms Jackie and Becky! All blooms have been awesome!!

After my Sr. moment yesterday this pic. is for Elsa. It was blooming nicely! Seeds from Karen2005 Ip. nil NOID

Thumbnail by helenahkh

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.