Ric's newest Project

Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

Ric---
I think putting some HB brackets on the posts and hanging a few colorful HB's would also be a great idea.
Especially, if you made the whole project to hang a Hummer feeder and them plant their favorite flowers in the HB's.

Your fence looks lovely--and such clean lines! Gita

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

and a couple more. I reused 2 old shutters for the garden gate and will probably have to replace it with a newly constructed one, made with used lumber of course. LOL Ric

Thumbnail by HollyAnnS Thumbnail by HollyAnnS
Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

The new garden fence will allow a lot more light to reach the garden than the old lattice one. Ric
Hanging baskets may just be an option I had not considered. Thanks Gita

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

Nice job, Ric!!!

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

LOVE the shutter gate!!!!!!!!!!!

Lucketts, VA(Zone 7a)

Ric - great job, it looks really, really, nice. Ditto what jen said, love the shutter gate too. Why would you need to replace it?

I had to laugh at the "HB" acronym in Gita's post - I'm slow this morning, couldn't figure out what HB stood for until reading further down the thread. At first, because it was Gita, I was thinking did she mean HD, Home Depot? Then I was thinking because she mentioned Hummingbirds, that maybe it was short for that, but what the heck were HummingBird brackets??? LOL... HB, Hanging Baskets, duh... That is a good idea.

Damascus, MD(Zone 7a)

Love the gate and the fence. Great job, Ric. What is the mesh that you used for the fence? Is it something I can buy from a DIY store? I would love to have a penal of that mesh by my shed for vines to climb on.

This message was edited Jun 7, 2012 6:07 AM

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Aspenhill, It's pretty old and if it was just used as a decoration somewhere it would be fine but it won't hold up for long as a usable gate. It is rather thin tongue and grove boards and is already splitting out in areas. Ric is going to build me a replica to replace it.

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

As long as it looks like that, then we will allow him to duplicate it. Heehee

Mount Bethel, PA(Zone 6a)

Oh yeah!! Now I'm happy about a new gate if it looks just like that!! Another awesome addition to that already very interesting place.

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Oh yes it will.

Hillsborough, NC(Zone 7b)

Everything looks so well planned, the structures etc.
I feel so frustrateda trying to screen a porch and stretching the mesh and staples everywhere and waves in the mesh that show in some light and not when installing. Everything takes FOREVER it seems. Going to take that fabric mesh back and get aluminum! Anyway, all your work looks so wonderful and we see the completed project -- but I can imagine all the planning and hard work it took. Good job!

Anne Arundel,, MD(Zone 7b)

Quote from Jan23 :
As long as it looks like that, then we will allow him to duplicate it. Heehee

heehee!

missingrosie- you are sure having some annoyances with the yard work lately. I have used fiber mesh for replacing window screens, only- I now hav e door scrreen that needs it but that size piece ~? could get tricky, like what you found with the porch.

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

missingrosie, a few years ago we ran across a lot plan I had made up on a roll of 36"x48" brown packing paper. We found what we had sketched out about 30 years ago (when this was a blank slate), has come to life. It's kind of funny than once we had the idea, we both had or goal in mind and worked to that end without ever consulting our plan. There are variations to the theme, such as I envisioned more fruits and nuts, and compromise LOL, on the actual construction and design of what Holly saw in the features, but the end result is coming together for us. Ric

Ric
Ain't life grand with things like that? It puts a smile on our face when we see our dreams coming to fruition. That being said --- it don't get done by dreams ---and your beautiful property shows the love and care that you both have freely showered it with (and the kids too). THAT being said --- I also know it is HARD work and sweat that drives the bus!

This message was edited Jun 12, 2012 8:26 PM

Did you frame that old plan? Would be a nice memory to hang in a special spot.

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

LOL, No we rolled it up and stuck it in a closet somewhere not to be seen for another 10 years.

Anne Arundel,, MD(Zone 7b)

lol
But yes it is a very lovely 'homestead' that Ric and Holly have made.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.