Spring 2011 - What's blooming in your garden? Part 3

Cocoa Beach, FL(Zone 10a)

Pixie, Is your Japanese Water Iris Caprician Butterfly, hybridized by Marx in 1984, a mid season bloomer about 36" tall? If so would you consider a swap for Anytus?

Thumbnail by mittsy
South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Mittsy, the first JI I posted? I have no idea....between the critters and the lawn mower my tags are M.I.A. I have one tag out there and I can't pronounce the name!! LOL
I have this one blooming this morning. ^_^

Thumbnail by pixie62560
(Becky) in Sebastian, FL(Zone 10a)

Debra - Thanks! Charles Grimaldi Brug? I don't know. Could be, but the generous person who sent them to me lost her tags. She sent me several cuttings from her different brugs. All are NOID!

Mittsy - Do you have the Purple Flaked I. purpurea vines growing around your mailbox again this year? If so, I can't wait to see the blooms!

Pixie - Oh WOW! I love all your irises! I have 3 Japanese water irises that didn't bloom this year. I was told by the grower who shared them with me that they need a cold winter to bloom. My three plants are an experiment for her to see if they will bloom here in the deep south. I am hoping next year they will if we have a cold winter! Fingers crossed! I want blooms like yours! ;-) I am however able to grow & get blooms from Bearded Irises here in containers! So another plant I have discovered will actually thrive in Florida (in containers though).

I didn't realize that this thread had gotten so long! Someone should holler when it does! LOL! Please follow us over to the new "Summer" thread: http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1195840/

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.