Spring 2011 - What's blooming in your garden? Part 3

(Becky) in Sebastian, FL(Zone 10a)

Oh my! I didn't realize that this thread: http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1165685/
had gotten so long! So here we are on a new thread.

I sprinkled the few Lisianthus "Echo Blue" seeds I managed to collect from the beautiful plants I grew last year. Apparently they are annuals. The blooms look like purple roses to me.

Thumbnail by beckygardener

I fertilized my roses with cow compost and dang! ... that Don Juan is making me swoon! ♥♥♥

It's producing clusters of blooms and just grew 5 more branches! It's finally starting to spread along my fence! Yay! It's the only rose I have actually growing in the ground! One tough cookie to survive the nematodes and grow and bloom so beautifully! :-)

I have a "thing" for the color red! It's too bad there isn't a large red I. nil blooming cultivar! :-(

I guess I will have to settle for daylily blooms instead. ;-)

More NOID red daylilies ...

My favorite NOID daylily. I just love the red blooms with the white outline around the petals.

I am partial to the toothed blooms on some of my daylilies. This ruffled effect is striking!

This message was edited May 21, 2011 10:43 PM

This is my very first daylily grown from seed. It's still one of my favorites because of the colors in the bloom. I also like the spider petal flower shape! This one always catches my eye no matter where I am standing in the Butterfly & Hummingbird Zen Garden room. It's a large and unusual bloom!

Another new clematis bloomed for me. This one is called "Royalty". I think it was named because of the deep royal purple-blue color. It's amazing how the blooms start out small and get bigger every day! I really like clematis because the blooms last a long time. :-)

This is my favorite clematis. This is Viticella Venosa Violacea. It is a prolific repeat bloomer. It was in the ground and was putting on a show, but also struggling. I dug it up along with two others and put them in the self-watering buckets and they are all taking off now in growth. They seem to be much happier now. :-)

Last photo. I have developed a great fondness for Sunflowers! This is my first year growing them and I just love their sunny faces! I started quite a few more in a small bed next to the fence near the yellow 4 O'Clock blooms. It's all yellow flowers in that area including some yellow blooming daylilies and Lantana. If I ever get a yellow blooming brug, I'm going to move it to this part of my garden also! :-) It's becoming my Sunshine garden area!

This message was edited May 21, 2011 11:11 PM

Gautier, MS

Wow Becky! Your flowers are stunning, you have quite a green thumb and so many nice plants!
I'm going to be growing some more salvias this year, they were my favorite before mg's.

Thumbnail by helenahkh
Garland, TX(Zone 8a)

Vavoom! Viticella Venosa Violacea – very visually voluptuous; very venerable vine!

Daylily seedling 'Montana Sky' x 'Which Way?' reminds me of butterscotch and raspberry jam.

Thumbnail by nifty413
Garland, TX(Zone 8a)

Daylily 'Pat Garrity'

Thumbnail by nifty413
Garland, TX(Zone 8a)

Eryngium 'Blue Star' with Tassel Flower (Emilia javanica) in background

Thumbnail by nifty413
Garland, TX(Zone 8a)

Daylily seedling 'Cerise Masterpiece' x 'Kent's Favorite Two'

Thumbnail by nifty413
Garland, TX(Zone 8a)

Lycianthes rantonnetii 'Lynn's Variegated'

Thumbnail by nifty413
Garland, TX(Zone 8a)

Nolana reichei

Thumbnail by nifty413
Jacksonville, AR(Zone 7b)

Gorgeous blooms Becky. Great Daylilies and Clematis. Love your yard.

Nick, Daylily Pat Garrity is beautiful and showy

Nick - I agree totally with Jackie! That Pat Garrity is stunning! Do you ever get seeds from any of your daylilies? Your Lycianthes rantonnetii 'Lynn's Variegated' is beautiful. I've never seen or heard of that plant before. Love them all! ♥

(Debra) Derby, KS(Zone 6a)

gorgeous plants and blooms everyone..

Garland, TX(Zone 8a)

Thanks for the kind words on 'Pat Garrity' — he's a survivor: gets totally neglected by me and still puts on a beautiful display every year!

Becky, I've hybridized and grown out seedlings for many years, with about a 4-year hiatus that ended a couple weeks ago. ;-)

Can anyone tell I love blue? Here's my Clitoria ternatea / "Butterfly Pea" with first bloom this season. ^_^

Thumbnail by nifty413

Beautiful bloom, Nick! I like those Butterfly Pea vines. I had a white bloomer a year or so ago. It was constantly blooming!

So now you are back to hybridizing your daylilies?

here is my sweet pea that comes back every year and tries very hard to get along with four other vines, but has a hard time of it..

Thumbnail by joeswife

this is one of the vines it competes with.. goldflame..

Thumbnail by joeswife

first shot of an i. purp.. I keep missing the blooms because of work.. *sigh*

Thumbnail by joeswife

Nick, beautiful Clitoria. I just drug out a couple of my sds of this one to plant

Deb, love your pink sweet pea vine

thanks, Jackie.. remember this vine?

Thumbnail by joeswife

Debra - Your Goldflame reminds me a lot of my Coral Honeysuckle. They must be in the same plant family! And I love your pink sweet pea! Nice vivid color of pink! Lovely!!!

What is the mystery vine, Debra?

From my pandy seeds? :-)

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

OMG so many blooms, not enough words! LOL
Becky your DL's are wonderful, and that clem callled 'Royalty' is beautiful!

Joeswife, I love your sweet pea, how hardy is it?? :)

Nifty, 'Patty Garrity' is really hot! So bright!! Love your Nolana reichei and the blue pea vine is stunning. I'm a blue lover too.....

Dwarf Iris 'Forever Blue'

Thumbnail by pixie62560
South China, ME(Zone 5a)

'Little Blue Eye's'

Thumbnail by pixie62560
South China, ME(Zone 5a)

'Cat's Eye'

Thumbnail by pixie62560
South China, ME(Zone 5a)

'Blueberry Tart'

Thumbnail by pixie62560
South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Honeysuckle 'Arnold's Red'

Thumbnail by pixie62560
South China, ME(Zone 5a)

'Buster'

Thumbnail by pixie62560
South China, ME(Zone 5a)

'Sparks Fly'

Thumbnail by pixie62560
South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Dahlia 'Gallery Pablo'

Thumbnail by pixie62560

gosh, i didn't know there were so many iris! Those are all loverly! Becky, lonicera is one of the many things I collect..

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Thanks Joeswife, that is only a small portion of what I grow. :)

Nice blooms Pixie.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.