Thumbnail by Willowwind2
Union, WA(Zone 8b)

and 5

Thumbnail by Willowwind2
Union, WA(Zone 8b)

A row of purple rhodies

Thumbnail by Willowwind2
Union, WA(Zone 8b)

And a beautiful white iris. I'll post the rest tomorrow.

Thumbnail by Willowwind2
Salem, OR(Zone 8b)

Lady's mantle, broom, pinks, allium. Veronica will appear later.

This message was edited Jun 8, 2011 4:44 PM

Thumbnail by kosk0025
Salem, OR(Zone 8b)

My favorite perennials

Thumbnail by kosk0025
(Linda)Gig Harbor, WA(Zone 8a)

My veggie garden ... lettuce loves this weather!

Thumbnail by Azorina

Went to Glenwood Gardens plant sale Saturday!! Who can resist Cardiocrinum giganteum on the left and Arisaema speciosum "magnifica", on the right. Now where to put them?
A landscaper runs plants, a plant collector is run by plants. ha

Thumbnail by Azorina
Lake Stevens, WA

The plant on the right is one crazy looking plant!

Vashon, WA(Zone 8b)

By that definition, I am definitely run by plants, and not only that, by pictures of plants, talking about plants, reading about plants, dreaming about plants....

Azorina, you definitely have a knack for choosing unusual plants for your collection. And your veggie garden looks delicious too.

Kosk and Willow, Kymco and Springcolor, you all have so much in bloom and leaf already. Wow! I need to get out in the garden more to see what I have out there. I seem to be trudging between home and work without much time in the garden lately. I did palnt some irises in pots on the porch so they would be where I could enjoy them. Here are some dwarf beardeds.

Thumbnail by mauryhillfarm
Salem, OR(Zone 8b)

Gorgeous vegetable garden. And I love the dwarf beardeds!

Woodinville, WA(Zone 8b)

Linda - was that Arisaema really 10 bucks? What a great price!

(Sharon)SouthPrairie, WA(Zone 7a)

Have been so busy with the few available moments in the yard to try to catch up with spring, pictures have been a little neglected. Here are some of the alium that I got in a Costco package last fall. (I find that if you get the packages when they first appear, they are usually very successful.)

Thumbnail by PNWMountainGirl

And a few more alium.

My variegated weigela is not as full of blossoms as usual, but what are there are lovely.

Pix--Naylor Nursery was where I bought both plants..I love following them around to the different plant sales when they are there..I find the most unusual perennials and at a good price as you have pointed out.
kosk0025--Actually those are regular sized iris just planted at the bottom of a rock wall...thanks!

This message was edited Jun 21, 2011 9:24 PM

Woodinville, WA(Zone 8b)

I've bought from Naylor Creek quite a few times (usually Hostas or Epimediums) at plant shows, but their prices weren't significantly different from the other vendors. Maybe it's different when they are closer to home. I do love the stuff they have. Going to their site is dangerous . . .

I have seen that Arisaema for $20 on line. I was thinking that they were reluctant to pack up unsold merchandise.

Seattle, WA

I hit the Naylor Creek booth on the last day of the big Pacific Northwest plant & garden show in February. They were doing two for one hellebores with some really nice big plants.

Needless to say I took them up on the offer :) Sounds like Azorina is right about not wanting to pack things up and schlep them home.

Woodinville, WA(Zone 8b)

Good call. I'll have to remember that!

Salem, OR(Zone 8b)

Ahhhhhh......Veronica "Crater Lake Blue"

Thumbnail by kosk0025
Salem, OR(Zone 8b)

Non-invasive type of broom in full glory. Big ceanothus hedge on left side of photo is also starting to bloom with a heavenly fragrance.

Thumbnail by kosk0025
Salem, OR(Zone 8b)

Ahhhhh.....pink double knockout rose.

Thumbnail by kosk0025
Salem, OR(Zone 8b)

Nepeta 'Walker's Low' has really taken off. Drift groundcover roses are just starting.

Thumbnail by kosk0025
Village of Port Clem, Canada

Great pix thanks for sharing.

I am so distracted by the hummingbirds...all I can do is sit and watch...The babies have fledged and somewhere between 10-20 of these flying projectiles with attitude are all over. This male Anna's did his best to guard all 4 feeders

Thumbnail by Azorina

This is the third year I have had this Pitcher Plant (Sarracenia x catesbaei) and it seems to be "leaping" as they say. I have it near my fountain near the house where it stays wet.

Thumbnail by Azorina

Kymmco- This one is for you! Voodoo Lily Dracunculus vulgaris just showed itself today 3 weeks later than usual. This photo was taken from the top it is actually 4 feet tall. They are looking wilted, I'm thinking they just aren't used to direct sun.

Thumbnail by Azorina

I got this hardy impatiens (Impatiens omeiensis) at last years Roundup. (Somebody is spreading it all over the place another case of being run by the plant)

Thumbnail by Azorina

The largest spathe of the Vodoo lilly bloomed today making 7 blooms all at once...strange... the odor is a lot milder this year than in years past.

Thumbnail by Azorina
Lake Stevens, WA

Linda
I held that over in my greenhouse from the round-up. Just planted it. Is it bad?
I don't like heavy self seeders.

Linda, I got the hardy impatiens last year too and put it in the ground in the shade under my grape arbor. Have to look again, but it doesn't seem like it spread a lot?????

This little clump was only about 5 or 6 strong when I planted it last September and it just sat there and I was wondering if it would survive. Seems to be doing just fine!! It is spreading by underground runners and I'm not sure if it will reseed as well! To be honest, the real reason it is spreading to other parts of this garden and other people's gardens as well, is the fault of the plant nut plunking this out on a keyboard. It lights up a normally dark part of the garden, although this one is getting at least 2 hours of midday sun. At this point I am really liking this plant.

Thumbnail by Azorina
Woodinville, WA(Zone 8b)

I love it. It does spread underground and is a little tougher than it looks. You can divide and share and it grows pretty darned well here with enough water. Yours might have come from Sue Wall. That's where I got mine. I first saw it at Dunn Gardens a few years ago and didn't think much of it, but now it's a favorite.

Your stand looks great. I have an acquaintance who has a large stand with Coltsfoot and Hosta behind it.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.