Picture thread

Seattle, WA

I need an excuse to upload some pictures :) Plus I want to see yours - what's going on in your gardens this month? Clematis 'Starburst' is blooming away and sharing trellis space with climbing rose 'Polka'. This is the Polka's third year and I'm excited to see it finally (hopefully) put on a show this season.

Thumbnail by Kymmco
Seattle, WA

This shady border leaps from nothing to lush seemingly overnight in the cool, moist spring weather we've been having. Aruncus, lady fern, forget-me-nots, ajuga, and some almost hidden yellow heuchera are all going on here.

Thumbnail by Kymmco
Seattle, WA

Yay, the bees are out! Here's one working away on the forget-me-nots with hosta and forest grass in the background.

Thumbnail by Kymmco
Seattle, WA

Okay, last one for now. The wisteria is starting to bloom over the garden gate.

What do you all have to share from your May gardens?

Thumbnail by Kymmco
Union, WA(Zone 8b)

Beautiful Kym.

Salem, OR(Zone 8b)

Great photos, thanks for sharing! For me, it's creeping phlox, lithodora, wisteria, alliums, clematis, lavendar, wallflowers, aubrieta, iris, thyme, viburnums, and delphiniums that are making my yard look great right now. I'll show a few pics, taken today.

Thumbnail by kosk0025
Salem, OR(Zone 8b)

Lavendar spills over a path.

Thumbnail by kosk0025
Salem, OR(Zone 8b)

Nepeta, monarda, lithodora, and osteospermum adjacent to driveway.

Thumbnail by kosk0025
Salem, OR(Zone 8b)

Allium adjacent to a creeping thyme.

Thumbnail by kosk0025
Salem, OR(Zone 8b)

Wallflower with evergreens.

Thumbnail by kosk0025
Salem, OR(Zone 8b)

Snowball viburnum with lithodora.

Thumbnail by kosk0025
Union, WA(Zone 8b)

Love your lavendar pathway.

(Sharon)SouthPrairie, WA(Zone 7a)

Great pictures. You guys are far ahead of us. But....keep up the good work.

(Linda)Gig Harbor, WA(Zone 8a)

Great pictures! I was weeding my entry bed and was nearly blown away by the strong smell of dog doo, but couldn't find it...tuned out it was this Podophyllum pleianthum.

This message was edited May 25, 2011 9:53 PM

Thumbnail by Azorina

It was particularly pungent underneath

Thumbnail by Azorina
Union, WA(Zone 8b)

Neat plant.

Gastonia, NC(Zone 7b)

"Neat plant."

you can have my share. I don't think any plant that smells like that would be welcome in my garden...... unless it is at a boundary and its scent is successful in repelling pests of some kind.

Union, WA(Zone 8b)

Ok. Neat looking plant.

Yeah it is neat.....just smells messy

Vashon, WA(Zone 8b)

Must be pollinated by flies or something that would be attracted by that scent.

This Western Skink (Eumeces skiltonianus) showed up on my doorstep the other day and seems to want to stay. A very beneficial species that eats bugs, slugs and small rodents. Amazing what is out there when you don't have pets!

Thumbnail by Azorina
Cedarhome, WA(Zone 8b)

My poppies are starting to pop. Both the orange and pink ones opened this week.

Thumbnail by bonehead
Lake Stevens, WA

Rodies. Love these together

Thumbnail by springcolor
Lake Stevens, WA

Korean Lilac. The smell is wonderful

Thumbnail by springcolor
Lake Stevens, WA

BH mine are opening too

Thumbnail by springcolor
Lake Stevens, WA

Another

Thumbnail by springcolor
Lake Stevens, WA

Red one

Thumbnail by springcolor
Lake Stevens, WA

Iris. Sorry don't have the names

Thumbnail by springcolor
Lake Stevens, WA

Rose Bud Azalea

Thumbnail by springcolor
Lake Stevens, WA

A few of my pots are filling out. Last one

Thumbnail by springcolor
Seattle, WA

Yay, so glad there's some action on this thread - love the pics, love the skink! It sounds like we're a bit ahead on the poppy front here in Seattle, the Orientals have been in full glory for several weeks now. This is Royal Wedding with catmint, california poppies, and artemesia 'Valerie Finnis'. Love the pink ones up above - especially the fringed one.

Thumbnail by Kymmco
Seattle, WA

Clematis 'Nelly Moser'

Thumbnail by Kymmco
Seattle, WA

The spindly tomato (just planted last weekend - crazy weather!) and cars give a sense of scale to this cardoon picture. It's two years old now and determined to show us all who's boss...

Thumbnail by Kymmco
Seattle, WA

Alliums! Purple Sensation with apricot Polemonium, bleeding heart, and heuchera. Oh, and that is Euphorbia polychroma peeking its little chartreuse head above the foliage.

Thumbnail by Kymmco
Seattle, WA

Had to chop down my big purple rhodie last year because it was way too big for the house, so this is my only big one left. Jealous of your gorgeous ladies Springcolor!

Here my white rhodie peeks through the railing of the front stairs.

Thumbnail by Kymmco
Seattle, WA

Another poppy! This one is a Spanish poppy mingling with a red Geum.

Thumbnail by Kymmco
Seattle, WA

And the last one for tonight - columbine. I'm having mixed luck with mine this year, some are doing well, but others seem stunted and are only half-heartedly flowering. Black Barlow and the Winky series in particular aren't doing so great for me. Maybe the rufflier ones are having a hard time?

Thumbnail by Kymmco
Seattle, WA

Okay, I lied. Just one more to show my South facing bed in all it's purpley June finery. And check out those berry canes - if we get have a nice July, this is going to be a fabulous raspberry year.

Thumbnail by Kymmco
Union, WA(Zone 8b)

Okay you talked me into taking some pictures.
This is my beautiful inside plant.

Thumbnail by Willowwind2
Union, WA(Zone 8b)

My favorite white rhodie

Thumbnail by Willowwind2

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.