TEA ROOM # 88

Merino, Australia

Dianne, come back with the carpet. Didnt you notice it was a bit empty ?
We are all stopping for lunch here in NSW , so we can pick up anyone who is coming with us.
I want to visit Chrissy and see all her brugs. . Elaine and Marlene are joining us too.
Not sure about anyone else, but there is always lots of room on the carpet.
I know you want to see the bromeliads over there, but wait for us.
Bad carpet. Should not have taken off without us.

Jean.

*•°*”˜˜”*°•.ƸӜƷ❥❥❥ see you a bit later then ...loved seeing you Jean and everyone*•°*”˜˜”*°•.ƸӜƷ❥❥❥

I am off to enjoy some gardening in the lovely sun shine
═╬╬═♥╬╬♥═╬╬══╬╬═♥╬╬♥═╬╬═
. .̆ (’). . (♥). . .(’) . . (♥)
...'ĺ/΄. .ĺ⁄΄' .ĺ⁄΄'. .ĺ⁄

Brisbane, Australia

Hello all. The magic carpet ride sounds wonderful. Hope you are all really enjoying it.

I had an accident with my zygocactus, and a few pots got splattered, leaving broken branches and loose tags everywhere. Trying to put the names to the flowers as they open. Can anyone tell me if this orange flower is Christmas Cheer or Sanibel, please? Going by the pics I am thinking it might be Christmas Cheer, as Sanibel looks paler in colour, and this flower is a lovely orange. Hope someone can help. Thanks.

Enjoy you trip.

Karen

Brisbane, Australia

Awww, forgot the pic.

Christmas Cheer, or Sanibel?

Thumbnail by DawnSong
Merino, Australia

A bit hard to pick yet, Karen. Show another pic when fully open.
My two of these havent flowered as yet but the pics I keep for ID show that Sanibel has a mauveish tint, while Christmas Cheer looks a bit lighter .
You can look on the internet and see so many variations in flower shading, it gets confusing.
Bad luck with the accident. Nothing worse than labels getting mixed.
Jean.

Christchurch, New Zealand

have you got a rope to tie me on to the carpet...
I may fall asleep & would hate to roll off the edge during a nana nap.
Copper is taking one now, he looks adorable with his head resting on the tri pillow Baz uses to support his back on the couch.
So why am I do tired you ask?
My shift last night was a little longer than usual - started at 4pm & didn't get away till 1.45am!!!
We had a 50th birthday party & they had a blast - a 60's/70's theme & all dressed appropriately.
We even had one Austin Powers in attendance.
The dj was very good & played music from those decades, it was one of those parties that are great fun to work, happy, well behaved guests always make my life easier.
By the time I got home & had a bite to eat it was nearly 3am before I hit the hay.
And I was up this morning at 8am to see to the dog & get ready for dog club.
Just started a new course with over a dozen enrolled... never thought to do a head count.
Darling hubby made a yummy lunch - kind of a french toastie...
you do the bread in egg but put two slices together with cheese & spaghetti as the filling then either use a toastie maker or the fry pan to toast the bred.
I can hardly keep my eyes open now.

rosetta TASMANIA, Australia

the rains a'comin,..,very gusyt winds this arvo,i moved some of the podding lily blooms into the garage,..,i cleaned the galah cages out and added new gum perches,'from my last trip to the highland lakes',.,.and hosed the garage out'top to bottom',.The house next door has sold'''''YAHOO''''-to someone that is going to live in it,.,.over the last 10 years it has been rented to various humanoid versions of dirty filthy, smoking,fast food,stealing,,loud gay synthesised music,braindead ,scums,..,[what a mouthfull]-time to celebrate with a quiet 4xxxx or 2,.,.have a good sleep everyone

Cheers Anthony and Teresa great to hear happy talk ...it's so quiet in the tea room.
Nice to know the holiday makers are having a big adventure and loving it.

Merino, Australia

Good morning everyone. Where are you all ? I see Anthony and could hear him during the night , even though he was a whole room away in the lovely place we all stayed at.
I was a bit late getting up today, so it looks like everyone has gone off visiting without me. . I will have a quick look around and then we have to fly off , pick up all our passengers and set off to South America.
It is going to be along flight over the ocean, so I hope you all hang on tight.
My elves tell me that it sprinkled rain all day yesterday at home and looks like being the same today.
No jobs will get done outside .
I hope the elves are opening the Tea Room and not getting up to mischief.
Chrissy, I love your garden and I was very good in not taking a single piece. I thought maybe on the way back.
Elaine , your mosaics are so colorful. I love them all.
Aahh . I hear voices. Everyone is getting ready for takeoff hopefully.
I hope they all have lots of food as there are no stops in the ocean for food.
South America, here we come.
Jean.

Thumbnail by 77sunset
barmera, Australia

Thanks Chrissy for your hospitality. It was lovely to meet your brother and have a look at your brugs. I'll know where to come when I want a ride in a real car. Marlene and Elaine were up bright and early and very eager to get going. Sth America. I might even see some cactus to bring home. We had a beaut of a thunder storm go through here Friday night. Wow was the thunder loud. Nice bit of rain too. Much appreciated. Didn't do too much outside yesterday, a cold wind coming from the north and then swung around and was coming from the sth west by night. Brrrr. I did bring some more more brugs out of the SH. Some are starting to get yellow leaves but most are still nice and green and growing. The Sanguineas are stating to get lots of leaves and are nice and green. Brian's is a lot bigger than mine so hopefully I will get flowers on both this year. I have an Aborea plant so maybe I'll get a flower to pollinate with. If not maybe someone else might send some pollen so I can have another go at pollinating. Last years was a fizzer wasn't it? Never mind at least I know what to look out for now. I hope everyone is well and off we go to explore Sth America. Colleen

Thumbnail by ctmorris
Clifton Springs, Australia

Sorry Jean, in my enthusiasm....I took off toward the Sth American coast......nice to visit our friends up north before we go....
Thanks for the hospitality.

It's been raining here and very cold and windy...

Just saw the news and it looks as though our American friends are copping it again.....Dreadful twisters in Missouri...30 dead.
Our thoughts are with those poor people affected by these tornados.

Keep warm...

Yes once again ...our thoughts are with our American friends. :( and still remembering Japan and our mates in NZ.

My Grand Daughter is about to go from Germany to Italy by plane ...and what with the awful weather and now the volcano messing with plane safety I am worried, the World is in such turmoil this year I just want it to quickly pass so we can have a fresh start and see more settled times.
Big winds here too. stay safe on that carpet, don't get blown off, see you all when you get back.:)

jean i was making a noise on e-bay last night,thats what you would have heard,.,.after 1 too many 4xxxx's, i ended up buying a strange looking 'pretzel hat',.,.it wont fit my fat head!!!,maybe it will fit cockys?

Ha ha ha Anthony that's funny :)
♥♪๑۩۞۩๑♥

Merino, Australia

Good morning everyone.
Anthony, I think you should wear that hat with your string bikini. A real fashion "statement". Fancy anyone wearing such a monstrosity.
If anyone doesnt like the sea, dont look down as there is a lot of ocean down there. I seem to recall that this part of the Earth was where Jurassic Park was situated.. Hmmmmm. Keep an eye on any islands you see. We dont want to land among dinosaurs . lol.
Did anyone do a head count when we left Australia ? I cant see way down the back of the carpet . Is everyone here ?
It seems awfully quiet for so many people. Copper is there, I can see his spots. Havent seen Tilly .
My elves tell me they did a big clean up yesterday while it was reasonably dry , until light showers started in late afternoon. The large buddlea is cut back along with some of the larger salvias. A very large and 'past its prime, ' hebe is also gone. I have a nice Royal Red buddlea to replace the hebe..
I think we may make it to South America for lunch. Where will we go first ? I do fancy a nice feed of fruit. Maybe if we are careful, we can land in the jungle and pick our own.
Is that land I see down there ? A bit soon for the coast of Sth America. I'll just swoop down for a quick look.
Heeeyyyyy, did everyone see that island ? I'm sure I saw something large walking around.
Better keep flying , we need to eat lunch, not be lunch.
Hang on , putting the carpet into top gear.
Jean.

Thumbnail by 77sunset

Jean, no wonder you haven't seen Tilly, just the thought of sitting next to Anthony while he's wearing a string bikini and that very expensive hat, sent her scarpering.....

Did everyone see Barack Obama's car stick on the speed hump.......very funny....they should have shown it getting pushed off.
Now everyone knows that if you want to stop the president's bullet proof car, all you need is a speed hump....bet it is modified as soon as they get back.

What devastation in Joplin and surrounds...
2011....a very bad year.

This message was edited May 24, 2011 5:41 PM

Brisbane, Australia

Seems the news is always full of disasters these days. That tornado must have been horrific. Can't imagine being in something like that. But to lose almost the whole town - more people's lives uprooted.

My zygocactus have been through a bit with the rains and the storm. But here is Gold Charm having survived a storm and drenching last night.

Karen

Thumbnail by DawnSong

I want this year to disappear ...it's been too cruel.
Love and sympathy to all affected by nature's trials and tribulations,
The news is too heavy this morning :(

Back when I am not a misery bunny.
have fun on the carpet.

se qld, Australia

Happy Tuesday all. For those who are interested, and have a Reject Shop nearby, I was wandering past the local store here yesterday and noticed that they had the walk-in greenhouses reduced to just $35. They were previously $70, and I'm not sure that wasn't already a markdown.

Pam

Copper i8s being very good, he likes to curl up & sleep as long as he is close to his 'mum'...
and if I'm not there then one of the household males will do.

Thumbnail by dalfyre

Copper is being very good, he likes to curl up & sleep as long as he is close to his 'mum'...
and if I'm not there then one of the household males will do.

Thumbnail by dalfyre

Lovely pic Teresa,....he looks very comfy..

Jean, your Chrysanths are very pretty, they are all out now......

Just saw a white Kiwi on the news, what a pretty thing.....hope it's ok.

Sunshine Coast, Australia

Hello everyone....
Still not feeling the best and I have Fred's sister arriving for a stay on Saturday.
Draging myself around to try and do a bit of cleaning about the house.

Chrissy...I am feeling a bit like you today. I guess we will bounce back in the near future.

Well something to smile about everyone awe it's so cute !
here is your White Kiwi baby ...adorable
http://www.theage.com.au/environment/animals/rare-white-kiwi-chick-hatched-20110524-1f1qb.html
gotta smile when you see it :)

Yes time to try and pull ourselves back up ...on the count of three SMILE :))))

Oih Jean you lot on the carpet haven't been down NZ way with some white paint have you?
just asking ...

BRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!-very icy change here,,..,when i was putting cocky to bed,snow was settling on the mountain,.,.brought in 4 xtra logs for tonight,.,.i've had some tango lilies bloom,and pushing another for the garden club meet tomorrow night,.,.that will be cold too!!!

Anthony we have just been told that cold wind of yours is heading our way along with icy rain ...they reckon the trees may come down here ...sigh ...Extreme Weather heading our way, stay warm hopefully we will still be here tomorrow ...cheers!

Hope you feel better soon Marlene ...

Pam the dear little thing would blow away here ...whole sheds and even an outdoor dunnie blew past us in a huge windstorm just a few years ago ...the Wind off the mountains is a shocker !!!
So ummm a bit nervous with winds.

Hurry back everyone it may be a little dangerous on that carpet.

I saw that white kiwi on the news, he is adorable.
speaking of which, I found this curled up on my pillow night before last...
evil in a cute little furry package.

Thumbnail by dalfyre
Merino, Australia

Good morning everyone. I'm glad I'm on the carpet out of all the bad weather. I think we should be nearly to New Hampshire to visit Louise. After flying over some of that jungle in South America, I was very glad to see the more open areas coming up past Panama.
Charleen wasnt home when we popped in but I did leave that large bag of cookies on her veranda for Charley and the other long ears. Her garden is very pretty.
I havent seen some of the ladies since we left that huge bromeliad farm in Sth America. I have a feeling they took the spare carpet and flew home with lots of boxes full of broms.
There is a box down the back of the carpet that looks like it is also full of broms. I suspect it belongs to Colleen and Dianne.
I did manage to get a few tillandsias to take home.
Louise are you home ? We will be there soon.
I am thankful we saw no bad weather on the way.
I do feel for all those who have been caught up in the wild weather everywhere.
Copper does look relaxed Teresa. He has been perfectly behaved on the trip.
Cocky has been too, but I must say he can be a bit cheeky.
The elves tell me that nothing was done yesterday due to lots of showers.
That is a very cute Kiwi. Looks like he has been out in the snow.
Better get moving as I need a cuppa so I hope Louise has the kettle on.
Jean.

Thumbnail by 77sunset
barmera, Australia

I'm still here Jean. That's my box of broms and I've been sitting back here quietly having a look at what I got. Cooper and Tilly and cocky are back here too. Don't know where the rest are. I'm sure they'll come back soon. We've had a bit of rain here and it's freezing cold. The wind is veeeerrryy lazy. I did some sewing yesterday. Some trackies for the boys. Just the pants as they have heaps of tops. It doesn't matter if they don't quite match for around home. Now that the boys have their own rooms , I've set my sewing up in the corner of my bedroom near the window. Just as well I have a bigger room. One thing I would love to have is a laundry room so that I could leave the ironing board up and push the laundry basket in there, but alas, I only have a small laundry and I've had to put my large up-right freezer in there as there's not enough room in the kitchen. Well Jean I do hope Louise has the kettle on. I'm really looking forward to visiting her paradise again and going for a walk in the woods again. Hope there's no bears around this time. Must go. Will be back later. Hope everyone is well. Colleen

Thumbnail by ctmorris

Just saw Sydney's weather......ooh the wind and rain...it looks freezing...

You all should have come on the carpet with us....it's warm in wherever we are at the moment...
Jean, that bag only contains Colleen's Broms......I've only come to look.
Hello Louise, hope you're at home.......

I pinched it off FB because it is so appropriate at this time ...
❤Έ.•*""*•PRAYER WAVEΈ❤Έ.•*""*•.Έ❤ ❤Έ Going out to people who have been affected by the tornadoes. If you believe in prayer please say one for all the families who lost loved ones and for the survivors who will be trying to put their lives back together among all the devastation....Keep them all in your prayers and thoughts ..•*""*•.Έ❤ ❤Έ.•*""*•.Έ❤❤Έ.•*""*•.Έ❤ ❤Έ.•*""*

May I just add that these waves of love and prayers hopefully will make their way around the World to all who are surviving on this tumultuous globe of ours ...seems most places have suffered and are still suffering

nightmare year for natural disasters...
I cannot remember so many countries being hit by so much devastation in such a short space of time.

Thumbnail by dalfyre
Merino, Australia

Good morning everyone. My elves tell me it is cold but not raining today, so should be a good shopping day.
I havent seen Louise. I wonder if she is ready for the carpet to land in her yard. I am looking forward to seeing those darling girls again. A walk through the forest will be nice too.
I think I may just relax in one of those lovely chairs with a nice cuppa.
The pets will all appreciate a time off the carpet to stretch their legs and wings.
Anthony, you may find some more bulbs.
Colleen and Dianne will , I am sure, find lots of palnts too.
I'm sure we all believe Dianne when she says she is just looking and not getting any plants...... Hmmmmmm. I wonder what she has in that extra large handbag ????
Louise are you around ???
I had better be off and send instructions to the elves together with a shopping list. Cant send hubby to do the shopping , even with a list. Men seem to have the urge to buy odd things and forget the necessary items.
See you all later at lunch. I wonder where Louise will take us for lunch ?
i found this lovely potted rose for her garden.
Jean.

Thumbnail by 77sunset
Brisbane, Australia

I feel guilty for feeling so cold when I know it is much colder in the southern states, esp. Tassie. Anthony, don't get frost bite now. Has it ever been so cold in May before?

Some flowers happening in my yard right now. The poinsettia is looking lovely. I never planted this, it was brought in by the bull dozer, but this is one I don't mind. Its the old fashion kind, tall and lovely.

Hope that carpet doesn't stray into icy conditions. The news on the US tornadoes is scary. Love and Light to those involved.

Going to sit in front of the heater while I do some stuff, then off to the shops today. An adventure, how exciting.

Keep warm.

Karen

Thumbnail by DawnSong

Good morning everyone ...the sun is out ...sky is blue,
yippee whoo hoo!

˙ ˙(˙ ˙ི♥ྀ ƸӜƷ
˙ ˙ `♥. Buттεяfℓy -:¦:-
˙ ˙ ˙ ) -:¦:- ќiṡṡεṡ ♥ི♥ྀ ƸӜƷ
-:¦:-΄ & faεяiε ωiṡнεṡ.•΄―`ི♥

Lots to see and do

Going to try and enjoy it,

Hope you all will too!

barmera, Australia

Are we there yet? Louise may not be home. Ah well. we can always get into her gardening shed. Maybe she has some cuppa facilities in there. It would be a shame to miss her though. Not much to chat about today. Haven't been far and it's too BL----- cold outside. Have cut some more trackies out for the boys so might just hide in my sewing corner. Lovely and quite here though. The only sound I can hear is a rooster crowing. Hope all are well. Gee your very quiet back there Marlene and Elaine. What plants have you picked up along the way? Be back later. Colleen

Thumbnail by ctmorris

Jean, I managed to find some more Leucocoryne bulbs at a clearance price, so my bag is stuffed...

Just ordered a David Austin rose called The Endeavour.....lovely colour....it will have to live in a pot.
Showers all day today.....

Thumbnail by Seachanger

look at this!!!!!!it is absolutely brilliant,.,.i scored 95 pts-out of a possible hundred at the club meet last night,.,.its called'black spider'

Thumbnail by g_whizz

'black out'

Thumbnail by g_whizz

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.