Thought for the Day - Page 13

Menifee, CA(Zone 9a)

Hey all,
I've missed you and then I realized that the thread had gotten kinda long, so here we go with a new one. I really enjoyed the last page of this thread and hope you all continue to contribute to this one. Tell your friends, or just lurk and LOL! : - )
It's all good. : - )

Here is where we came from:
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1159097/

Hope to see you all soon posting your thoughts. : - )
Walk In Beauty~
SingingWolf

Thumbnail by SingingWolf
Menifee, CA(Zone 9a)

I forgot to post my thought!

"if you are never scared or embararrassed or hurt,
it means you never take any chances."
~Julia Sorel~

Have a great day! : - )
Take some chances! New research says that new experiences stave off the onset of Alzheimer's. : - )
WIB~
SW

Hemet, CA(Zone 9b)

My thought for today is this:

Thank God our President and the military were not scared and got the job done! God Bless America!

Sylvia

Menifee, CA(Zone 9a)

Ditto what Sylvia said.
Here is my thought for today.

"Opportunity is missed by most people because
it is dressed in overalls and looks like work."
~Thomas A. Edison~

Walk In Beauty~
SingingWolf

No Central, AZ(Zone 7b)

Good one, SW!

Menifee, CA(Zone 9a)

Okay, glad you liked it. : - )

How about this one?

"Above all challenge yourself. You may well surprise yourself
at what strengths you do have, what you can accomplish."
~Cecile Springer~

You all have a good day, now! : - )
WIB~
SW

Mackinaw, IL(Zone 5a)

SW, that Thomas Edison quote sure made me think of my grandpa! He was one of the hardest working people I've ever known. And he never missed an opportunity, either. :)

Menifee, CA(Zone 9a)

Both my Gpa's were like that. I've never been afraid of doing hard work. Just bummed that my body won't let me any more. Sigh . . .
I still do more than I should, though.
Not to change the subject, but where is Shermie? I haven't heard from her in a while. I hope she is okay. Has anyone heard from her?

Read a good one today, and will have to come back to give the author's name, because I don't remember it. So I'm going to paraphrase.

A man in his time of troubles and tribulations, berates the Creator and cries and begs for the Creator to spare the life of his son. Upon the death of his son, the father ceased his weepingcalmly cleaned himself up, dressed in clean clothing, made arrangements for the funeral and ate a meal. Others could not understand the change in his behavior. When questioned, he responded, "Before my son died, I thought The Creator might change his mind. He chose not to, and I must accept it."

Some things in life can't be changed. I don't know, but after some of my experiences, I felt like something I had never understood before had finally been explained in a way I could understand.
WIB~
SW

Eugene, OR

Hi SW, so glad to see you are still here.

Menifee, CA(Zone 9a)

Hi Sally,
I've been missing you, and I'm glad to see you are posting again. : - )
No real thoughts, except I hate having bloodwork done. : - (
Oh well, it's over with for another year, I hope.
I'll have something good for everyone to read tomorrow. : - )
WIB~
SW

Menifee, CA(Zone 9a)

Morning All! : - )
I have a couple of thoughts for you today. : - )

"Live your life and forget your age."
~Norman Vincent Peale~

This is one I've been saving for awhile, but today I feel it's time to share it with you all. It's the way that Native American Indians have always felt. After all, you can't take material possessions with you! : - )

"Happiness is not so much in having as sharing.
We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give."
~Norman MacEwan~

Now just you wait til you see what I have waiting for you tomorrow! : - )
I'm going out to do some easy gardening. I have a new summer kid doing some yard work for me today. My regular sk, Jake has a couple of weeks work, where he can get paid more, so he's okay with me helping out one of my other summer kids. Especially after I explained how I came to fall.
I'm a bit stiff still, and no doubt have some bruises in places I can't see without assuming odd postures in front of a mirror, but the minor scrapes and abrasions are healing fast, and I feel so much better after my tune-up yesterday. Life is good!
WIB~
SW

Hemet, CA(Zone 9b)

SW
What you posted yesterday reminded me of the Serenity Prayer
God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,change the things I can and the wisdom to know the difference. Now this is the shortened version. Must google the whole thing. I have been saying this prayer for over 30 years. Living it more and more as the years go by. Wisdoms comes in bits and pieces through years.

Love ya,
Sylvia

(Pegi) Norwalk, CA(Zone 10b)

Hey Sylvia, isn't the Serenity Prayer one of the best! It took me a long time to finally accept the things I cannot change, hard head here.

Love all the thoughts, just don't have any just yet.

Mackinaw, IL(Zone 5a)

I think I'll just stew in your thoughts for today. Mine aren't nearly as profound. LOL

Hemet, CA(Zone 9b)

Pegi

We are all hard headed. However when we stop beating our head against the wall, it feels so good.

Love ya,
Sylvia

Booker
Don't stew, marinate!

Tampa, FL(Zone 10a)

'When someone suggests something that seems like a good idea to them (but not to you) I always say 'You try it first' - DTG, formerly of Eureka, CA

Thumbnail by DaleTheGardener
La Quinta, CA(Zone 9b)

SingingWolf - The "blondie" nickname made me smile - I'd say it's a keeper!

I must apologize for my absence since the round-up but I was going through some med changes during the round up and it I did have a wonderful time meeting you all and miss talking to everyone.

Great things have come from actually deciding with my Doctor to stop some of my RSD meds instead of changing them. It's been along time since I've felt like my "old" self mentally/emotionally and I'm enjoying it (apparently my family is too). The pain is worse but I'm learning how to cope better and I still take some meds to help with it. There's just something about having my inner strength and faith in life back that is such a gift if gives me strength to deal with RSD a little differently - the Serenity Prayer is quite fitting actually. Another positive is that I finally got my right carpal tunnel revision approved and surgery is this coming Monday. This means I should get better use of my hand and hopefully my pain will go down some in that part of my body.
So if I'm not on - know that I wish I could be.

I'd like to wish all of you that are Mom's a Happy Mother's Day on Sunday. Having three healthy, happy children is my gift and on Mother's Day - my kids and I are going to plant my summer seeds as gardening will be a bit difficult with one hand for awhile. It will be nice to see the little seedlings coming up while I heal and then in 6 weeks when I can get my hands dirty again everything should be beginning to bloom.

Hundreds of dewdrops to greet the dawn,
Hundreds of bees in the purple clover,
Hundreds of butterflies on the lawn,
But only one mother the wide world over.
~George Cooper

Mothers hold their children's hands for a short while, but their hearts forever. ~Author Unknown

The mother's love for her children is as tender as the petal of a flower, as sweet as the flower fragrance, as pure as a flower itself. Still, her love can neither be replaced nor comparable to anything else in the whole universe. - The Flower Expert

Thumbnail by ldblond
No Central, AZ(Zone 7b)

Thanks, blondie, for the need for tissue. As a mother, I see my neglects as a daughter.

I will pray for your surgery tomorrow and for your continued improvements.

Eugene, OR

I love this one!

"Before you speak, let your words pass through three gates. At the
first gate, ask yourself 'Is is true.' At the second gate ask, 'Is it
necessary.' At the third gate ask, 'Is it kind." author unknown

Mackinaw, IL(Zone 5a)

Beautiful iris, Idblond! Do you know what variety it is?

Sally, love the "three gates" quote! Think how much more pleasant our world would be if everyone adhered to that policy!

I had some really great quote I was going to remember and share, but. . .it is gone. Should have written it down. Sigh.

Hemet, CA(Zone 9b)

Here is my most favorite quote on thinking before you speak and it is one of my "life verses" Psalm 19:14 " Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be acceptable in Your sight, O Lord,my strength and my Redeemer." This verse and using it before I speak in especially stressful situations through the years, has given me much peace.

Sylvia

PERTH, Australia

Love that one, Sally.

Menifee, CA(Zone 9a)

Dale, I really loved your quote. I use something similar myself. : - )
Loved your tree photo!
Blondie, no apologies are necessary, most of us have been through similar difficulties. : - )
Great quotes, and if it's any consolation, QG, I had to grab for tissues too.
Lovely Iris, Blondie. : - )
I hope you are recovering from your surgery and there are no complications. I'll be keeping you in my prayers.
BTW, I have lots of Blond friends. One likes to collect Blond jokes. : - )
Sally, I'm going to copy that one and put it on both the front and back and maybe even our bedroom doors. It's a keeper. : - )
You know I really hate it BookerC, when I go and do that. Lately I've been trying to write them down in a notebook or copy and paste asap. LOL! : - )
Sometimes it's good to just be.
Hi, Margaret. It's always nice to see you chime in. : - )

I have an admission to make, you may have noticed I've been gone a few days. I found out last week that I am having a really bad flare up with the fibromyalgia. They (them Dr.s) want to do some more blood work. I'd like to find out where what little energy I had went. Oh well. Hopefully, things will improve, and I'll get some of my energy and strength back. Prayers are gratefully accepted. : - )

"An individual has not started living until he can rise
above the narrow confines of his individualistic concerns
to the broader concerns of all humanity."
~Martin Luther King, Jr.~

Kwan, should like this one. : - )

"You don't get to choose how you're going to die. Or when.
You can only decide how you're going to live. Now."
~Joan Baez~

Last one for now, and it really does help me to remember.

"Goals that are not written down are just wishes."
~Anonymous~

You all have a grand day.
WIB~
SW

Sierra Foothills, CA(Zone 8a)

A THOUGHT FOR TODAY:
Read, every day, something no one else is reading. Think, every day, something no one else is thinking. Do, every day, something no one else would be silly enough to do. It is bad for the mind to continually be part of unanimity. -Christopher Morley, writer (1890-1957)

A THOUGHT FOR TODAY:
There are two ways of spreading light: to be the candle or the mirror that reflects it. -Edith Wharton, novelist (1862-1937)

Mackinaw, IL(Zone 5a)

When one tugs at a single thing in nature,
he finds it attached to the rest of the world.
~~ John Muir

Might have to tell this one to my son next time he asks me why we have to have wasps. I've tried to explain the importance of pollinators, and ecosystems, and the way everything depends on everything else, but it doesn't lessen his fear of those angry stingers!

Maybe tell him it is attached to the rest of the universe...it might have him at least stop to think.

No quote, but found a video "Amazing Grace" in Cherokee. It is truly beautiful and I thought Singing Wolf would love to hear it.
htttp://youtube.com/watch?v=UvYIjFtPQEkO& feature related.

All those letters really messes up my typing. LOL

Menifee, CA(Zone 9a)

Hey Samigal,
Thank you for sharing that video with me. Of course I copied and pasted it, LOL, and it wouldn't play it for me, because it didn't recognize it with the "http//", so if you want to go back and edit it out, it'll be easier for others or you can copy every thing after that and paste it, hmmm, let me try it and see if it works.
youtube.com/watch?v=UvYIjFtPQEkO&
Rats, no direct link back to youtube. Oh well. It's well worth copying and pasting to the address line to see it.
GF you had me in tears. While I've heard the song many times, it never ceases to bring tears to my eyes. You may recall this is one of the two songs I want played at my Great Mystery Ceremony. : - )
I was really wowed by the art work and am going to have to play it again to read some of the sayings. I would have read them the first time through but you know me, I was all teared up and couldn't see. Some have really small writing and I have to take off my glasses and hold the laptop up close. LOL!
I am truly touched that you thought of me Samigal, and thank you for both the gift and the treat. : - )
BTW, I usually start my day singing the Cherokee Morning Song. I've made it part of my morning prayers.

Good one BookerC. Maybe if you tell him about the Butterfly Effect? All things are interconnected in ways that are more wondrous and profound than we can imagine.

evelyn, I love the way you think, not to mention the way you've blossomed. You go girl!
: - ) Those were both great quotes. Don't ask me to pick just one, because I can't.

So I'll give my thought/quote for today.

"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start,
anyone can start now and make a brand new ending."
~Carl Bard~

Hope to be hanging out with you more as it starts to warm up, but how often do we get rain this late in the year. I might even get caught up! LOL!
I've got to watch and listen to Walela singing Amazing Grace in Cherokee again. : - )
I am Blessed to have friends like you all. : - )
WIB~
SW

Las Vegas, NV(Zone 9a)

OK, I found you. Shame on you trying to hide from me. Be well all of you. Sharon.

Jules, the Cherokee morning song is beautiful, videos on that too. Just type in youtube/Cherokee singing and see if you can get it that way. Simply beautiful songs.

Menifee, CA(Zone 9a)

Had no trouble Samigal, just deleted the http// and got them. I have a wonderful collection of Native American Indian performers on my computer and ipod. Oh, and on YouTube, I added a Star to the end of my username. ; - )
Another NAI performer you might like is JoAnne Shenandoah. I think she is Ojibway? She sings in her native tongue sometimes. Wow! What a voice. I've heard she's no bigger than me, but she doesn't need a microphone for the whole auditorium to hear her sing.
I'll try to see if she has anything on you tube.
Sharon, are you playing hide and seek with us again? LOL! Happens every time it rains in Las Vegas. Saw that transformer on the news last night. Lots of fireworks there. Hope no one was hurt.
Hey all, Momma took another fall tonight, and am at my wit's end. Got suggestions? EB#1 and I are planning on putting her mattress on the floor because she keeps falling out of bed and won't let us use the bed rails. She's scaring us!
My thought for tonight is selfish but sincere, "I'm too young to be an orphan!"
Got to go!
WIB~
SW

Sorry to hear your momma took another fall. No suggestions here, I'd be at my wit's end too. When I lost my mom my first thought was "I'm now an orphan". I never realized how much I stilll need her.

Well, got to get DH his breakfast, he sleeps late and that gives me more time on the computer. Physical therapy for my back this afternoon. Sure is helping me, but I do relaize I have to keep the exercises up or go back hurting. Very hard to garden when your back aches.

No Central, AZ(Zone 7b)

The mattress on the floor helps prevent falling out of bed, however, it is pretty low for getting up and down - especially if one has a full bladder. Just a thought. Do you have one of those something soft you could put next to the bed to fall onto?

Las Vegas, NV(Zone 9a)

When my mother was in assisted living, she kept falling out of bed with the rails up. She was climbing over the rails.

So they put her bed lower. She still fell out of bed. So they put her bed on the floor with two mattresses and no frame and a foam mattress right next to it so if she fell out of bed, she would just roll onto the other mattress. That worked.

I am an orphan but my mother is in my garden all the time. One time I actually smelled her perfume behind me. She has been gone 5 years on the 19th of May and I still remember the lights in her eyes when I showed up at the assisted living place every morning. I was there every day from 10am until she went to bed. Of course, I took over the place and changed a few rules while I was there. LOL. Sharon.

Menifee, CA(Zone 9a)

You know, with your background Sharon, that doesn't surprise me at all. Mom doesn't want to loose control, and I thought about putting something soft next to her bed, but she'd trip and fall over that too. She won't allow us to take the bed frame out. I'm going to try to find one that is slightly lower for her to use. Then we'll go the mattress route. It's just that she doesn't have the strength to get off of the floor a lot of the time.
I've asked my niece Jenny to come home and help us out. She's going to sleep on it and talk things over with the father of her youngest child. Prayers wouldn't hurt at this point.
I did take a fall early this morning but Mom is still way ahead of me in the weekly total.
My selfish ES is upset that he'll have less room and a room mate when I kick him out so my nieces kids can have rooms of their own. I am disappointed in his attitude, and I wouldn't have to ask and pay for help if he'd step up. Besides he needs to leave my nest,
and have a dose of what the real world is like. I should make him pay rent, but his father won't let me. I'll definitely make him help to fix it up. Nothing like sweat equity to make you appreciate something. Sorry to vent, but sometimes you got to. Sometimes you can get ideas from other people's experiences too. : - )
I'll be getting my weekly tune up and lecture this afternoon, so I'll be fine. Although, the colors of my bruises on top of the other fading bruises is getting pretty interesting. LOL!
It's a cold, wet, icky day.
So let me give you my thought and I'd best start trying to get some work done inside this house, since I can't handle being outside. Brrrr! It should warm up in the next day or two. : - )

Leaving you with this thought.
"Real integrity is doing the right thing, knowing
that nobody is going to know if you did it or not."
~Oprah Winfrey~

and

"The less we look with our eyes,
the more we will see with our hearts"
~Lindsey Albrecht~

WIB~
SW

Hemet, CA(Zone 9b)

Jules

Dear friend you are on my heart in prayer always.
Amen to your quotes, so very true!

Love ya,
Sylvia

Menifee, CA(Zone 9a)

Thanks Sylvia,
I'm glad the rain has stopped for now anyway. : - )
It's peanut planting day! Yippee!

This is for all of you, from my heart.

"Somewhere there is someone who dreams of your smile,
who finds in your presence that life is worthwhile. So when you are lonely,
remember it's true, that somebody somewhere is thinking of you."
~Unknown~

Walk In Beauty~
SingingWolf

Mackinaw, IL(Zone 5a)

Wow, SW, sounds like you have your hands full. I'll be praying for you and your mom both! Sounds like a rough time of transition.

BTW, what is ES? Wracked my brain, trying to figure it out. I know most of the abbreviations, but that one is new to me! Or was it meant to be DS or StS? LOL

No great words of wisdom from me today. Just trying to get motivated to go mow my jungle (ahem) I mean lawn.

Angie

Menifee, CA(Zone 9a)

Hey Angie,
In this case the ES stands for Eldest Son and YS means Youngest Son. Seemed nicer than numbering them since I only got the two kids. All the rest are loaners. : - )
I have 4 brothers, and refer to them as EB# for Elder brothers, and YB# for younger brothers. I only have one sister, but 4 step-sisters. It can be confusing, so they get #'s.
What does StS mean? Never mind, I just got it. Step son.
Thank you for your prayers. I'm sure they helped today. For the full story, go to the Parking Lot Forum and look on the Porch Swing?Front Porch Thread. Life has been real
exciting on the farm lately.

"On the road to life there are many paths . . .
some twist, some turn, some dip, some curve. As long as
you keep your focus, your destination is obtainable."
~Brenda Good~

Someone handed me a star shaped wand today. Which brought this to mind.

"Everyone's a star and deserves the right to twinkle."
~Marilyn Monroe~

I bless you one and all with my little wand with the star on the end. LOL!
Hope your weekend "twinkles". : - )
WIB~
SW

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.