Festuca idahoensis 'Siskiyou Blue'..."lab" tested !!!!

Dayton, NV(Zone 5b)

This is a first for me. I potted up a new order of 6 plants that I received a few days ago from High Country Gardens. One of them being a pretty little blue fescue (into 1 gal. pots). I put them just outside the garage door to get some sun. When I was finished potting, I brought them just inside the garage door as the wind had kicked up and closed the garage door. Went out later to put them up on my potting bench for the night and I only had 5 plants and the name tag for the blue fescue. My DH and I looked around and the fescue was nowhere in sight. Oh, have I mentioned our beloved 5yr old dog, Ellie (half yellow lab and half golden retriever).

We both looked at each other and said noooo, she couldn't have gone off with it. There would be a big mess from the garage door to the doggie door that leads out to the back yard. We continued our search to include inside and outside, thinking we were robbed! :) or we were going nuts. DH watched me pot up the little blue fescue. So, it wasn't just me misplacing it. Then DH glance down out the doggie door and saw potting mix and said Uh Oh!!! I looked and there was the evidence. DH went out to the side yard from the garage and retrieved the little blue fescue (rootball still in tact), the container with obvious bite marked on the lip of the it. We could not believe that she plucked out the name tag, took the 1gal. plastic container, fescue and all, and did not leave a speck of dirt on the garage floor!! Took it out the doggie door plucked the little blue fescue from it's container, and decided, I guess that she didn't want to eat the grass after all!

I admonished Ellie and repotted the little blue fescue. I'll let you know how it fares. And the dog gets no doggie dessert tonight.

springfield area, MO(Zone 5b)

oh, that's terrible, no desert?! :(

she was feeling guilty of course, so didn't eat it ...

Dayton, NV(Zone 5b)

Seeing as how Ellie showed some restraint by not eating the fescue, she got dessert. Am still amazed how she carried that pot all the way across the garage and out the doggie door without spilling! Dogs...ya gotta love 'em. And the little blue fescue lives on to see another day. Just not on the garage floor. :)

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.