Plant Propagation part XXXIV based on my own experience

Sierra Foothills, CA(Zone 8a)

Yes, there is no privacy on facebook either. I keep getting messages from them, and even messages from others that "wrote on my wall", though I am unable to see my "wall". facebook is getting to be another internet clogging for me as I rarely visit it. If I receive a message that an individual has sent me a message, I email them directly, and sure enough, they did not "write on my wall". Yes, no Farmville for me either, as I do not have time for it. I hardly have enough time to log on daily as there are things that must be checked. If I had to read every single email I would be here chained to the computer all day long. As it is, I still am on too long and it takes up too much of my day. After I clear out my address book on hotmail, I will clear out the others as well and just check in at night. All non-essential emails will be cleared out and the others will be filed to their appropriate file folder so it is cleaned out completely. It will be nice to have a blank slate. I have not done this for a while, and I don't really want to take the time to do it right now as I have a lot of other things that need to be done.

Today was supposed to be a day for checking and consolidating or potting up all seedlings as well as shifting into larger pots, and giving them all a nice dose of ferts.

JB ~ Please don't go as we will all miss you more than you know. You contribute a lot to this forum and teach us a lot. We gain from your wisdom and laugh at your humor.

~ Evelyn

Hi, Katie!

Thanks for your comments, I hope that she is reading this instead of not even watching this thread. If you have her email address, we can all email her if interested.

That is all I can think of at the moment.

Pawleys Island, SC

No JB don't go. Nothing would be the same here without you or any of the rest of us. I think this is a great group and I love each of you. I have learned so much from everyone here and i love the stories we all share.

Dave, I love having my backyard look like a nursery, but my neighbor doesn't appreciate it as much as I do.

I will check back in later, but I just wanted to say hi. I have to do some work first. I was just checking emails and such and thought I would check in here too.

Katie, I love the idea of how you took your Mom and got away from a bad situation. I think your descriptions have been wonderful and I would still love to see pictures of your arroyo.

Hope everyone has a great day.

My husband does not like that fact that the back porch serves as a greenhouse and coldframe. Up front, in the fenced garden area, there is a corner which serves as a small nursery as well. It needs cleaning up and it can be viewed from the road. there are many weeds in those gardens, and I have been tackling them in order, so I have not got to all of them yet. I will never get one area done if I don't stick with one area at a time.

Katie, I will be 70 in November. So *MOST* of us are old ladies except for Dave and rj. I do not know everyone's age but I think we are mostly seniors anyway. Of course, that does not count for maturity or manners as many of us are still immature, which includes me. I think that Dave is the youngest, so I really wonder what keeps him listening to us except maybe he has many of the problems that we do....mostly pain issues and of course, a love of plants and gardening. That is what brought us together but what makes us come back may be different...

Miles City, MT(Zone 3b)

JB If you leave, there will be such a huge hole none of us will be able to fill it and I am afraid the forum will not continue to exist. Since this is the only one I participate on, I would miss it horribly. We have all been through different things, and talking here has helped . So, my two cents worth has been said, please don't leave, but if you still do, please send me an email address so I can keep in touch. Please JB, don't leave. We all love and respect you. Lee

Northeast, WA(Zone 5a)

LOL, I would post her email address but she would probably be flooded with mail and she would hunt me down.

I will email her and tell her she is getting a lot of mail on here and to come on and read it. Especially from Katie. Who I think we all admire in our own way, and for our own reasons.

mulege, Mexico

JB and I have writen to each other. I understand that her comments were made only oput of concern for me and I have never resented them.

I think we're all fine.

hugs, katie

Las Vegas, NV(Zone 9a)

Oh JB, please come back. I need you to pick on. Who is going to use your broom? Who is going to be a b**ch with Jnette. I did not see what you posted but we are all very thick skinned.

Well except Jnette when you bring up Republicans. (Sorry Jnette, I could not resist.)

I will be 69 in August and I am amazed I am going to be that old. I think and feel 50. Until I fall or look in the mirror.

I went to the doctor today to get my referral for my PT. I had to wait 1 1/2 hours. I was not a happy camper but no one knew it. But I got my referral back dated and that is what I have been trying to get for 3 weeks.

Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day for all. Sharon.

Rosamond, CA(Zone 8b)

JB good grief who will snipe at Jeanette in playful banter and endanger us from getting kicked off the thread in a conversation about gardening. It would be dull without your antics. See Katie is not that sensitive to this life style. I commented in concern and admiration for her too.

By the way girls. I am 48, but my best friend was my mom's age before she died of cancer. I like the old girls.

JB Don't go, don't go, don't go away, please don't go, don't go. I'm begging you to stay.

Thumbnail by hellnzn11
Tulsa, OK(Zone 6b)

Good evening everyone:
Dawn i am curious what were you doing at NASA? So I guess the question is when is your birthday? I will be 48 in July. And all this time I thought I was the youngen in the group. well lets see who wins the prize. Of course someone mentioned RJ but I have no idea how old he is as I have only had brief contact with him here on this thread. For all I know he is 20 or then again he could be older???? inquiring minds want to know
Dave

Las Vegas, NV(Zone 9a)

Dawn is younger than my children.

I saw the damage on the National News of the South. It is so devastating, it is hard to imagine. Had to be absolutely terrifying. May is usually the worst month for tornadoes. Let us all pray this year is different and April please be the worst month.

Second thought. I loved the new Princess's wedding dress. So simple and beautiful. I only watched the recap but saw enough. Young love is grand and she is beautiful. When they have children the Windsor ugly gene will be cut to one quarter. That is good news.

Did you all see the clip when Queen Elizabeth snubbed Camilla. That made my day.

This 68 soon to be 69 year old is going to bed. Sharon.

Tulsa, OK(Zone 6b)

me too nighty night

My son is 47, my granddaughters are in their 20's. Now it is bedtime for me too!

P.S. When is your birthday, Sharon? July or August?

Las Vegas, NV(Zone 9a)

August 4, 1942.

I think we should all celebrate my 70th in Las Vegas in May of 2012. We do not want to celebrate in Las Vegas in August. Average Temp 110 degrees. But there is no humidity and we have a wonderful pool and air conditioning. LOL.

Well it is better than Montana, New Jersey, and Washington. You can always get cooler but cold is cold. We will be 73 tomorrow and 92 Monday. Crazy weather.

JB, if you do not come back, I will fly out there, by airplane, and steal your broom. Sharon.

Wrightstown, NJ(Zone 7a)

Well, I did not leave and you may be sorry. I do some stupid things at times and now that I am older than dirt, I do them more frequently.

One thing I know, you guys are true friends. Thank you for the comments and believe me I AIN'T THAT NICE. You make me sound a lot better than I am. Now I have to try and live up to that.

Katie, you are remarkable. Thanks for putting up with my bossy attitude.

I have come to the conclusion after hours of thinking that they reason I do and say things I do to people I adore, is that I "adopt" those who I really care about, but then I unintentionally try and tell them what to do and how to do it. Does that make any sense to anyone but me? I guess deep down I am a control freak. Holy Cow. That is not good.
My overprotective motherly self. Well, self just has to watch how self says things on the internet.

No one complained but when I read and re-read my posts, I thought that sounds terrible. So I reacted without the help of anyone. It is now over, I am back to earth and I am back to normal. Almost. Promise me one thing. If I say anything that sounds "hurtful" please dmail me and tell me.Sometimes things just do not sound the same on the internet as they do in person. Enough of that.

Now, down to business. Back in January I ordered three pink pussy willow from Burgess Seed and Plants. They arrived yesterday. Let me tell you, they look dead.
They arrived in a large green plastic bag, their top branches stapled to the top of the bag. No air holes. In with them was a free "egg plant" in a small carton that was smashed and that was wilted. They were bare root and dry as a bone..........now maybe they will live, maybe that is the way you ship them, but I would never send anything looking like that to anyone.
Dormant is one thing, near dead is another. The tiny leaves on the top are wilted and there is no sign of life. Instead of putting them outside, I put them in individual pots in the GH and I am going to watch them closely. They are about 18 inches tall and the roots are good and big, but they look dead. We shall see. I kept the ORIGINAL SHIPPING LABEL.....which they say you need in the event you want to return the merchandise or get a refund. They cost me a mere 9.99 for the 3..........no wonder.
I could sell hundreds of dead pussy willow but sooner or later that catches up to you.
I hope I am going to be pleasantly surprised and they live.

I had very poor luck with my black pussy willow cuttings this year. Half of them did not survive. I only have about 6 that are actually looking like they will grow.

I also had a problem with the Aimee babies I planted last August. They got cold and the tips of their little leaves turned brown. Now I need to make sure they just get sufficient but not too much water and that they stay warm. The GH temp must have dropped below 45 to 50 deg. Some tropicals will get cold at 55 deg. You gals in the West need to keep an eye on your temps with your Aimees. I had two heaters going all winter, still have one that goes at night even now, but during that cold spell we had it just got to them. Nothing I did or could have done. We never get weather that cold but we sure did this past Winter. A cold wind will do even more damage.

The buds on the Aimee stock plants have a covering that is brownish this year. They too much have gotten cold. when they bloom they look great, but until then I am not sure which ones will open. Now that they are blooming they drink water like elephants.

I am going to get my boxes ready to plant today. Of course the cats will no doubt use them as potties before I get anything planted. LOL Good fertilizer.

The asparagus is out in full force these days. We are cutting and eating like crazy. All the farmers markets have it and it really looks and tastes great. Jersey Fresh for sure.

Guess that is it for now. It is good to be back and chattering. I guess you are all sleeping or just getting ready to get up.

Hey Jen, Donald Trump sounds good to me.................

sguh, JB

Northeast, WA(Zone 5a)

LOL, you are crazy. I'm sure old Trump sounds good to Sharon too. Dawn?

I never thought of planting boxes. Wonder if that is how they get new trees?

My Aimee's blossoms were covered in a layer of brown too and never opened.

The bud on the standard is the same as the day I got it. But then it has to get it's roots established first.

We are going to the Pet Rescue to see if we can find a cat today. The bats normally show up around the second week of April but it has been so cold this year that neither they, nor the hummers have shown up yet.

We covered the north end of the hoophouse yesterday. The south end was already covered. So, the thermometer this morning shows the high was 102 degrees and the lows last night in there were 32. Now how do you like that spread?

Sure wish I had gotten a bid in on that house. Now I am probably going to use that as a measurement for looking at houses and it probably was not the norm.

Well guys, gotta run and see if I can find a kitty that will act like a tiger. ttyl

Miles City, MT(Zone 3b)

Thank you JB Now you know how we all feel, so knock it off ;) :)
Boy, sounds like most of us are around the same age. I just turned 68. And here all this time I thought I was the oldest, other than JB. I think the age thing is why we all get along together. We have Dave and a couple of others to keep us sane.
Have put seeds in this morning. Wish me luck!!! It is so windy and cold here, in fact they are talking about a blizzard later. Oh when will it end???????????? later, Lee

Las Vegas, NV(Zone 9a)

No JB and Jnette. Donald Trump is not even close. Unfortunately, in my mind, no one is close.

My sister loves Sarah Palin. I have a heart attach every time she brings her up.

My worker came today but the wind is blowing to hard. He said he could go to California if he did not have to work, so I told him to go. I am having a cup of tea, checking on JB, then I am going out to put boxes together and take them to the Post Office.

I was so looking forward to using JB's broom.

Pawleys Island, SC

Sharon, i think we should all meet here to celebrate your bday. I will hit 50 this july so it could be a massive party. we could combine them all.
That would be fun. Lee could thaw out some too. We could all go together and rent an oceanfront house for a week and party all we wanted to.
Hey do any of you "old ladies" have blue hair? My grandma had a beauty shop in her house and I used to love her old blue haired ladies. They would go to sleep under the dryer and sometimes their heads would fall forward against the helmet part and they would sleep with their mouths open, or snore. Some were hysterical.LOL Then i found out that my hubby's nephew once charged his friends .25 cents each to peek through the window and look at his "blue haired" grandma.
I spent a couple of hours on the beach this morning and it was gorgeous. Our temps are in the mid 70's right now and it was low tide. I walked for about an hour and a half and I picked up some shells that I want to work into a jewelry design later today. Now I must go feed seedlings and then work a little in the studio. See you all later.
Linda

Wrightstown, NJ(Zone 7a)

Oh Linda, my what I would not give for a walk on the beach. I doubt if my old legs would like the sand too deep because lately either the muscles in my legs or the sciatic nerve is giving me a lot ot of grief. I ask the chiropractor about it and he said he thinks the Crestor could be causing me some problems with my muscles in my legs. I hope he is wrong. I can not stop that medication. the sciatic gave me a real problem on the tractor yesterday. Everytime I put the clutch in I got a shooting pain. Not fun.

It is cool and windy here today. That Southwest wind just will not quit. Those poor souls in Alabama were really hit hard.

Found mealy bug on the house plants again today. Took them out on the deck and washed them off good. I know it did not get them all but the most are gone. Took cuttings from Aimee today for the first time this year. Hope they see fit to root. LOL
Nothing much has gone right with the plants all year so far.

jEN'S COMMENT......never thought of planting boxes. Wonder if that is how they get new trees? SMART A. the hard part is digging those square holes. You need a special shovel and they are hard to find. So there. BTW, I hope you are giving that Aimee plenty of tepid water.....how about some fish and iron...........it stressed out coming out there but at least it is still alive. I should have taken off that bud when I shipped it. They will probably not open.

Sharon, I thought Sarah was doing o.k for awhile and then I was upset with some of her comments on different issues, so I have now moved on to Donald Trump and that old guy that ran two times before. I forget his name. Oh, we are not to talk politics here. O.K. I am done. I swear, if Tarzan was running I would vote for him. I do not care what party they are running for. LOL Me Jane............does anyone remember that? Of course you are all babies compared to me. I will be 83 on Aug. 26th. if I live that long. That is old.
I am not ready to give up the ghost yet, so do not get ready to weep.

I think I will get the paperwork done for the Monday shipments. I was watching the Phillies play but I do not feel like baseball today. Later.

Wrightstown, NJ(Zone 7a)

Lee, I meant to tell you that I planted some seeds that actually grew. The one is that Ornamental Egg..........if anyone wants any of those plants, please send me a dmail and I will send them. They are looking really good and they can be planted outside and you will have eggs all summer. After they bloom. The came up. I can not believe it.
Next, I planted some free seeds that came up and I forget the name. There was only 4 of them and they look like really large 4 leaf clovers. Shamrocks..........thats it. Just have 4 but they all came up. I may have to celebrate because I do not usually have seeds sprout.
Blizzard................oh you poor baby. Hugs.

Quote from JBerger :

One thing I know, you guys are true friends. ((Well, we try to be friends...))

Thank you for the comments. AIN'T THAT NICE? You make me sound a lot better than I am. Now I have to try and live up to that. ((OK!))

Katie, you are remarkable. ((Yes, she is!)) Thanks for putting up with my bossy attitude.

Now, down to business. Back in January I ordered three pink pussy willow from Burgess Seed and Plants. They arrived yesterday. Let me tell you, they look dead.
They arrived in a large green plastic bag, their top branches stapled to the top of the bag. No air holes. In with them was a free "egg plant" in a small carton that was smashed and that was wilted. They were bare root and dry as a bone..........now maybe they will live, maybe that is the way you ship them, but I would never send anything looking like that to anyone.
Dormant is one thing, near dead is another. The tiny leaves on the top are wilted and there is no sign of life. Instead of putting them outside, I put them in individual pots in the GH and I am going to watch them closely. They are about 18 inches tall and the roots are good and big, but they look dead. We shall see. I kept the ORIGINAL SHIPPING LABEL.....which they say you need in the event you want to return the merchandise or get a refund. They cost me a mere 9.99 for the 3..........no wonder.
I could sell hundreds of dead pussy willow but sooner or later that catches up to you.
I hope I am going to be pleasantly surprised and they live.

((JB ~ It has been my experience with Burgess, other than to never buy from them ever again, to not wait until you are sure that they are dead. If you can, try and make a claim right away. I am not sure what their guarantee is these days but check the fine print, it may be 30 days. It has been many years ago, but I will not buy from them again. If they send a catalog, it goes right into the recycle bin.))

The asparagus is out in full force these days. We are cutting and eating like crazy. All the farmers markets have it and it really looks and tastes great. Jersey Fresh for sure.

((Mine is just popping up, but it is the first year for it. 'Purple Passion' asparagus. I got them from Gurney, and I thought they were dead, but just dormant. At least most of them were a good size, but not all of them. That is another company to stay away from, but I succumbed to them only because they were the only ones who had 'Purple Passion' in the fall.))

Guess that is it for now. It is good to be back and chattering. ((Yay!!))

hugs, JB

Wrightstown, NJ(Zone 7a)

Evelyn, that was tricky. How did you do that? I thought someone was editing me again. Not surprised because I am naughty. Oh well. Thanks for the heads up on Burgess. I will check the return policy. I really want these things to survive. I would like to give the a week, then I will see what happens. It could be the way they are sent, but I swear they look dead.
I did not scrape the bark. I was afraid of what I may find. LOL.
I have been busy trying to promote the Horseshoes on eBay and Facebook. I made a special order the other day that was really nice. Here it is. She was very pleased with it.

I also put it up on eBay as a Gamblers gift of luck. The Equestrian group is asleep.
Thought I would try the adult catagories. LOL They may be awake.

Thumbnail by JBerger
Tulsa, OK(Zone 6b)

good afternoon: well I survived the gsale and now I am wooped big time. I will make this short. sold out of all the $1.00 plants and managed to get about $150.00 for my efforts. sold a lot of hostas. I am planning to do next year in the drive way and see what happens.more details later. i just wanted to say welcome back jb and the marketplace has been steady for me,
see you all tomorrow or monday at the layest. got a bday to go to tomorrow and then plant packing and watering. everyone is most likely dry now but will have to wait till tomorrow after noon.
Dave

Las Vegas, NV(Zone 9a)

Well JB, I say no to Palin, and no to Trump. I cannot see the new Mrs. Trump as our first lady.

McCain is to old. Romney does not seem to have his act together. Maybe Ron Paul or whatever his name is!!!!!!@ Maybe we can get a decent Democrat to run against Obama. Is there one? (That one is for Jnette. Now you know I am teasing Jnette.) Hilary Clinton got smart real fast. Two years as Secretary of State and she is done with national politics. Smart lady. So maybe we should all move to Mexico with Katie.

I had a great day. Got a lot done. The wind died down about 10am. I worked in the landscape until 6:30pm. Lost track of time, but the sun was still up and I had layered clothing, so I was not cold. It was 73 degree. Yes, at 73 degrees, I am cold. Sorry guys. I am spoiled when it comes to weather.

Tomorrow is another day. Princess' Kate's gown was hand embroider by the best in the world. They are located in England. Simple, but I bet beautiful up close. Now they have two thirds new genes with the baby from this new marriage and that ugly Windsor gene will soon go by by. LOL...My mother's parents were born and raised in England and her oldest brother was born in England. They migrated here and her mother and father both died from TB. They were raised by a step-mother.

Love you all and love slipping hits below the belt, but gently. Sharon

Northeast, WA(Zone 5a)

Well you guys, we went to the pet rescue today and you will not believe what we did. We not only got A cat, but we got 2 cats. We both are real softies. I gotta admit, I talked Bob into it. And here I am looking at houses to move!! How dumb can a person get. These are not barn cats. She gave me strict instructions that these are HOUSE cats. But that is ok tho 'cause I want them to get the bats that fly around my house at night. Inside the house.

One of them has really decided she likes being with us. I don't think they ever had a good petting. She has left her mark on both of us. The other one has not come out from under the bed yet. Bob has changed the name they gave her TINA of all things, to Tiger. Why do people name their animals such dumb names. The male is named Andy!!! Can you believe that??

Now JB and Sharon, I think Trump is the perfect candidate for you Reps!!! LOL And for crap sake what is wrong with Sara? She just can't get enough money doing any work. However, maybe Levy will support her in her old age off of the money he is going to make from his book he is writing about her. LOL

Wonderful bunch you guys got! 'nite!!

Northeast, WA(Zone 5a)

Sharon we crossposted again.

You will not find either a Rep or Dem that is as smart as Obama so you might as well throw in the towel now. If we are going to get kicked off for the politics, I want to tell you that Romney spouts going to war and has 5 big strapping boys that don't have the guts to go. Whoops, I forgot, they are doing their part by getting him elected to president. What a farce.

Kate's gown is absolutely gorgeous. Don't know about the embroidery, but the style is beautiful. Perfect for her.

'nite again.

Las Vegas, NV(Zone 9a)

I wonder if she can still see Russia from her patio?

Rosamond, CA(Zone 8b)

Would be fun to spend your birthday Sharon like that, as long as it is not Memorial Weekend, my anniversary is the 28th, which usually is on that weekend.

I am older my birthday was 1/11/11 Dave. Graduated in 81.

I am so tired of this wind.

Wrightstown, NJ(Zone 7a)

Happy May Day. I lost my poll and now I can not do my May dance. I must have stuck it someplace. Hmmmmmmmmm.

Northeast, WA(Zone 5a)

JB, are you being a b**** again? I can tell you where to look for that pole. You probably sat on it. LOL, gotcha

Happy Mayday everybody. Did you guys used to make up May baskets and hang them on your mom's door, knock, and run? (She always acted so surprised, like she didn't know who did it.) LOL, funny the things we used to do. I doubt if the kids do that any more. Probably send emails instead.

Flowers and candies in them. Normally swiped the flowers from the neighbors.

Well, gotta go fix breakfast. ttyl,

Wrightstown, NJ(Zone 7a)

Thank you Jen, I knew I misplaced it but now that explains why my hemorrhoids are acting up. My memory is just a mess.

Rosamond, CA(Zone 8b)

Ah Ha!

Grease, need I say more?

Dave oh yes, I forgot to answer your question about NASA. I worked there for a contractor, in 08-mid way through 09. My company got fired in the middle of their contract. I worked at Edward's Air Force Base, NASA Dryden Test Flight Center, where the shuttle lands in Ca. it was a blessing. Got to see two shuttles during that time and got to watch the astonauts interview about 8 feet from them, before departure back to Canaveral.

Las Vegas, NV(Zone 9a)

Well Dawn, I graduated high school in 1960. Probably about the time you were born.

We always did May Day flowers.

Jnette, the embroidery was accomplished by the very famous place in London that still teaches the fine art of embroidery. I embroidery, or did, but not like them.

I am going to finish getting the boxes ready for mail.

Wake up Lee, I need an answer to our d-mail. Sharon.

Wrightstown, NJ(Zone 7a)

Look what was blooming for me this morning. My one and only Easter Cactus. I love it.

Thumbnail by JBerger
Northeast, WA(Zone 5a)

Must be a May basket.

Beautiful, JB! Nice!

Lee ~ Today I will get the seeds out. Sorry I have been a dummy on this. Sometimes I just get stuck in other things. I need to get the seeds out anyway so I can plan for the summer growers. I still don't know what kind you want. I have delphinium seeds but they won't be big enough to bloom until next year. (Still, they do not keep and need to be sown this year.) Same thing with lupines. What other hardy flowers are you looking for? Some annuals like bachelor buttons? What colors do you like?

Anyone else looking for any particular seeds, while I get out the seed box?

Yes, happy May Day everyone. I don't think anyone celebrates it anymore, but it looks like the first day of spring here. hopefully the weather will hold, though parts of the country are still have severe weather issues. It must be terrible to lose your house in just one day. And even some people were killed in the storms. How is your weather? It is about 60° here, which is the warmest is has been in a while. It is supposed to be 80° in Sacramento, so Sharon and Dawn, you should be warm there too, right?

Before today it has been about 50° with a constant wind blowing, so I would dress in layers with a hooded sweatshirt on top of everything. Today I even took off my sweater! I still have callas and Bluestone coming, most of the orders are for the new bed. I hope that I have not planted things too closely, though I am sure to be moving things around when I see what blooms together. Some plants are not going to want to be moved, so I will just have to move around them.

What are you all planting and/or growing this season?

Katie, how are you doing now?

Northeast, WA(Zone 5a)

Well, right now my Helebores are trying to bloom thru the Rhododendron that the snow bent way down. They normally bloom thru the snow but this year they, like everything else, are really late.

I started Hollyhocks Evelyn, which I never do because any of the tall stuff breaks off with the wind. But I decided that instead of putting cucumbers on the one cattle panel that I would put tall flowers on it. Yeah, they probably won't bloom until next year, but that's ok. Then I will mix in lupins and some tall annuals that will bloom when the perennials aren't. That is the plan anyway.

I have planted some petunias but not nearly as many as I normally do. I also planted some of the waves for one basket. Then the blue denim Shock Petunias. Also, some things like coleus etc. for containers.

Don't know if I told you I got 2 cats from the Pet Rescue yesterday. The darnedest thing happened. We brought them in, Bob opened the carriers, and they got out, then took off for the back bedroom and we never saw the one again. We tore the place apart today but cannot find him anywhere. I suppose he will come out one of these days, but what is so weird is that he is the one that I did not figure we would have any problems with, and the female looked so spooky, I mean hyper, that I would have expected it from her. Instead she just cannot get enough of either one of us petting and touching her.

Very weird animals.

Well, guess I will watch the news, ttyl

Rosamond, CA(Zone 8b)

Oh I love the way you feel rescueing a beast. The darn cats will get hungr eventually.

I have seeds going all over in my propagator, in the ground, in pots, in paper towels in zip locks. Vitex varieties, zinnia Varieties, Hyachynth beans, Castor Beans, Campsis Radicans that are 100 year old plants I got on the historic plant forum a few years back. They are old, don't know if any will germinate, but I have one from last year that is hanging in there. Scarlet Magic Emilia, Petunias, Dianthus, Love lies bleeding, Penstimon, Famosa Lily, Joe Pie Weed, cantelope, peas, Black zuccini, scarlett Runner beans, MG varieties, Campanula, marigolds, chilis....wild flower mix, flax.
I am air layering a piece of my Wisteria. If it blooms after 7 years and you root one from that parent, will it bloom right away if the parent is 7 yrs old, or does it have to wait 7 years too?
I have some pieces of halls honey suckle rooting and trying some Pyrocantha but it does not look good. I told you that I have a 1-100 rooting success.

Northeast, WA(Zone 5a)

Dawn, I would imagine it depends on what section of the plant was used to air-layer. Just like the brug I sent you. It was close enough to the blooms from the parent plant that it should bloom this year.

How is it doing BTW?

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.