Thumbnail by av_ocd_girl
Grantsboro, NC(Zone 8b)

What exactly is a Noid?
Lavina

Ellerbe, NC(Zone 8a)

Shenanigans

Thumbnail by av_ocd_girl
Ellerbe, NC(Zone 8a)

A noid is a plant with no ID. A no name plant. Tag has been lost of was traded without a name or the incorrect name.

Ellerbe, NC(Zone 8a)

Splashacata

Thumbnail by av_ocd_girl
Ellerbe, NC(Zone 8a)

Tennesse Gentleman

Thumbnail by av_ocd_girl
(Linny) Salem, SC(Zone 7b)

Here it is, fully open. I still don't know what to call it, so I just call "her" my black iris, even though the inner petals have now turned more purple. Cannot wait for all the others to open.

Thumbnail by Linny1
Mackinaw, IL(Zone 5a)

Wow, begonianinny, that is an intense iris! Love it! That would look awesome next to a bright white, or a pale ruffly pink!

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Such pretty Iris. Sparks Fly is the first of my SDB ones to bloom.

Thumbnail by lincolnitess
Mackinaw, IL(Zone 5a)

Love Sparks Fly. I have that one, too, and it just looks like it glows! I'm in such anticipation! It is a chilly 36 degrees here today, so I guess I shouldn't get in too big of a hurry.

Angie

Philadelphia, PA(Zone 6b)

SDB Awake is officially wide awake and blooming just as MDB Blue Doll is fading.

Everyone:

I really enjoy looking at pictures of Irises. Black Beauty up there is my one and only and first. Well... there are 5 plants and new ones blooming as we speak... though much smaller.

The rain pretty well trashed the big one. Do they close up and re-open after the storms pass?

Now that I've seen these, I want more and more ... like eating icecream... oh no another addiction!

South Hamilton, MA

Wait for the next buds to open.

Cocoa Beach, FL(Zone 10a)

Here's my darkest purple/black. All Night Long. Other dark ones are Before the Storm, Into the Night and Purple Serenade. For some reason Superstition seems to be in my mind, but i can't find my picture of it.

Thumbnail by mittsy
Spicer, MN

I have to quit hugging myself for I'm back in my MN gardens. Then still have to wait for the temperatures to be over 50. For those that don't know me, in a nut shell, my husband & I go North to MN in the Summer months and south to NE in the Winter.

My Iris are looking 'kinda' good but hard to tell until the ground warms/dries and all the foliage cleaned up. What an exciting time to wait for this miracal to happen again.

Happy Easter Everyone! We are all so blessed
Sharon #3

Lafayette, IN(Zone 5a)

I have another blooming! It was a little late when I found it so the picture is a bit dark. I couldn't wait until tomorrow to take the picture.....supposed to rain!

Open Sky

I must get a better picture! I have another stand of this same iris with huge buds.....so hopefully I'll have more opportunities to get a better pictures!

This message was edited Apr 21, 2011 8:04 PM

Thumbnail by irisluvr0252
Lafayette, IN(Zone 5a)

I'll try one more picture. This is a NOID dwarf and it grows like crazy!

South Hamilton, MA

I'm glad to see 'Open Sky'. It originated here in New England, done by Bee Warburton who was a mentor to many of us.

Lafayette, IN(Zone 5a)

I love the sky blue color on 'Open Sky'.....and it has multiplied nicely since planting it! Just waiting for the other 'little' ones to bloom!

Debbie

This pic of another bloom does not do it justice. The outer leaves to my naked eye look as black as my black velvet Christmas pants. But they don't photograph well, or maybe it's just the photographer.

Crazy about that blue sky

Thumbnail by Linny1
Colorado Springs, CO(Zone 5b)

well.... I'll be back in about a month! &:-) Then I'll show you all..
.. LOL!

Lafayette, IN(Zone 5a)

Better picture of 'Open Sky' as promised!

dont know the names of any of ones i will post, but i love the colors

Thumbnail by

another noid. when i planted these i put little stakes with the names of each one right with the plant, however, didnt realize the ink was not indelible. so , no names.

Thumbnail by

another noid

Thumbnail by

dark purple almost black noid

Thumbnail by

noid

Thumbnail by
Hanceville, AL(Zone 7a)

Blooming in my yard are,yellow, dark purple, white (Lacy Snowflake) black (Superstition) another black which is supposed to be Superstition but looks more ruffled, peach, violet, 2-toned orchid, silver-lavender, 2 different kinds of blue, burgundy, orange-brown, wine, purple -white, lavender-pink-yellow. I have others that did not bloom this year, such as huge dark blue, one that is a strange color, white over dark blue with a picotee fall, Edith walford, etc. I wish I had pictures to share. Luciee {;^)

Mackinaw, IL(Zone 5a)

I finally have SDB's to show! This first one is of Gizmo the Gremlin, reliably the first SDB to bloom in my yard:

Thumbnail by Bookerc1
Mackinaw, IL(Zone 5a)

Here is a view of Gizmo from the top. Such a pretty color contrast!

Thumbnail by Bookerc1
Lafayette, IN(Zone 5a)

'What Again' is now blooming for me.

Lafayette, IN(Zone 5a)

A dark NOID SDB.

Lafayette, IN(Zone 5a)

'Sleepy Time' and a NOID white have opening buds but it will be a couple more days before they open completely. It's cool and rainy here today.

Below is a dark purple NOID blooming. It is a large clump so I'm hoping to get quite a few blooms at the same time.

Mackinaw, IL(Zone 5a)

And this little stunner is Sparks Fly. Love, love, love this one!

Thumbnail by Bookerc1
Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

No blooms here yet, A couple of weeks to go.

Gainesville, TX

from my daughter's yard

Thumbnail by sharondippity
Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

Are those Dutch iris? Just beautiful with the ornamented chest behind.

Cherryvale, KS

This is an exciting, tiring and busy time of year. Supposed to have local iris club here 1st Friday in May. The Tulsa early show is next week-end. Only God knows if I'll have anything fit to go. We have had bunches of wet weather and some hail! Pic Happenstace This iris has beautiful substance. Happy Wed. BIF!(best iris friends) KISSES FROM KANSAS

Thumbnail by NickysIris
South Hamilton, MA

Our first I. pumila seedling (about 2" tall) bloomed today.

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Bookerc1, I really, really like Gizmo! If you see any of mine you'd like to trade for it, let me know. Wet cool weather here too, but at least the SDBs are getting a start. This is Raspberry Jam.

Thumbnail by lincolnitess

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.