What's blooming in YOUR yard?

Lafayette, IN(Zone 5a)

My little iris opened today with several blooms! Yeah!

Thumbnail by irisluvr0252
Gainesville, TX

is this Louisa's Song...........I know I bought it last summer, but where did I put it?...this one has no label

Thumbnail by sharondippity
South Hamilton, MA

No It is a reverse amoena of some sort.

Ellerbe, NC(Zone 8a)

Blue-Eyed Susan

Thumbnail by av_ocd_girl
Philadelphia, PA(Zone 6b)

Oh how I wish I had Big Blue Eyes (the iris, not real, actual big blue eyes)...

Ellerbe, NC(Zone 8a)

LMAO

Gainesville, TX

concertina, the bloom is small but she's a beauty

Santa Ynez, CA

Cat's eye just opened today....

Thumbnail by makj
Mackinaw, IL(Zone 5a)

Wow, makj, that one is so red! I didn't think there were any true red iris! Beautiful!

South Hamilton, MA

Just approaches to red, but hybridizers are getting closer.

Tomah, WI

The fall spot on Cat's Eye does look truely red. I love it!

Pleasant Grove, UT

Spectacular picture of 'Cat's Eye'. It is such a good increaser. I planted it in 2009 and now have a large clump.

Snellville, GA(Zone 8a)

This is blooming in my yard in Snellville, GA.

Thumbnail by cjcjmass
Santa Ynez, CA

thanks, finally got a good one of it.....it is a wonderful little iris, a must for all collectors

Duluth, GA(Zone 7b)

Here's my Batik that opened today, and behind it and to the left is Immortality that's about to make a showing.

Thumbnail by Cem9165
Duluth, GA(Zone 7b)

Here are some irises from my Grandmother's Garden that was planted 5 years ago and dedicated to my dear MIL who passed away.

Thumbnail by Cem9165
Duluth, GA(Zone 7b)

I fondly call these my jailed iris.

Thumbnail by Cem9165
Duluth, GA(Zone 7b)

A NOID that was given to me by a friend when I first moved here 6 years ago. For some reason all the irises are much tall this year than they have been in the past.

Thumbnail by Cem9165
Duluth, GA(Zone 7b)

Here's Romantic Evening, I'm going to have to take more pictures of it when it's in shade.

Thumbnail by Cem9165
Ashdown, AR(Zone 8a)

Autumn Tryst

Thumbnail by bigred
Ashdown, AR(Zone 8a)

NOID...hub's stomped on all my tags in this bed building a deck. I told him not to to stomp on my irises but failed to tell him not to stomp on the labels.

Thumbnail by bigred
Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

According to my records I wont see this small one until Apr.30.
Its a NOID
I promise to keep better track of names. I bought this from a large patch being sold at the side of the road in someones garden.She had dwarfs,mediums and talls.

This message was edited Apr 14, 2011 5:30 AM

Thumbnail by ge1836
Lewisburg, KY(Zone 6a)

I am trying to journal better this yr too. It is a New Year resolution. Hope it fairs better that the exercise and weight reduction ones.

Do dwarf just have a very brief bloom time? I only have a couple of colors and they don't seem to last long. They are cuties tho.

Teresa in KY

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

I am not an expert by any means I just have a few and one blooms twice a year. Early May and then in late summer "Baby Blessed" its a nice yellow.
Last year was the first year I planted it. Bought at Borglums .He digs the iris in bloom so you know what you are getting.

Pollyk has me by the hand, enabling me at every turn. Its just awful,I love it.LOL

This message was edited Apr 14, 2011 7:34 AM

Thumbnail by ge1836
Taylorsville, KY

Cem9165, beautiful pictures, but that is NOT Romantic Evening! RE is a bicolor, med blue standards and deep navy velvety falls. Look it up in the guides and you will see what I mean.

Sue

Gainesville, TX

Jurassic Park

Lafayette, IN(Zone 5a)

Could it be Romantic Mood instead? (if part of the name is Romantic)

This message was edited Apr 14, 2011 3:31 PM

Ft Lauderdale, FL(Zone 10a)

Rebloomer "Frequent Flyer" blooming this morning here in Ft Lauderdale, FL

Thumbnail by amorecuore
Gainesville, TX

I have had it for years. It is a beautiful iris, but it has never rebloomed for me.

Duluth, GA(Zone 7b)

I stand corrected. It may be Romantic Mood, the tag sent said Romantic Evening. It is a pink iris with an orange beard. Here's a better picture.

Thumbnail by Cem9165
Ft Lauderdale, FL(Zone 10a)

I'm just happy when I can get any Bearded Iris to bloom in South Florida. It isn't easy.

Gainesville, TX

looks like you have done well. ...My daughter rented an older house this winter.....This one among many others is blooming now...The prettiest Merlot colored , just magnificient.......I have to have one this summer. I will be doing them a favor, the iris don't look like they have been divided in years

Lafayette, IN(Zone 5a)

Sharon: that is a beautiful color! Merlot is the right name for it too!

Cem: It's a gorgeous iris whatever the name is! The new picture really doesn't look like Romantic Mood either but it is still beautiful!

Edited to say that I am not saying it is 'Merlot' the Iris, but looks like the dark merlot wine!

This message was edited Apr 15, 2011 9:18 AM

Gainesville, TX

The color on the merlot is deeper than photos with a hint of garnet.........

Here's a pretty from my yard, blooming yesterday before the wind storms that hit Okla overnight. Serious stuff missed me. I sure am feeling thankful this morning

Lafayette, IN(Zone 5a)

Romantic Mood picture from plant files.

http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/showimage/140209/

Lafayette, IN(Zone 5a)

Oh, I REALLY like that one Sharon! I am a sucker for the blue/purple ones! I love the dark ones too!

Gainesville, TX

Yes, I remembered that years ago Shriener's catalog offered one called Merlot ( I think). But I would hesitate to name it so after the bad press given recently to the lady trying to name hers.

This yellow one yesterday also much prettier in eye view

Philadelphia, PA(Zone 6b)

Ohhhhh, MDB Blue Doll surprised me this morning!

My first iris of the season...yay!

Lebanon, OR

Black Stallion in bloom first one this year...

D

Ellerbe, NC(Zone 8a)

Almost everything is starting to bud up nicely. I can see there are some that didn't like being moved last fall and they definitely won't be blooming this year.

Jesse's Song

Thumbnail by av_ocd_girl

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.