What's blooming in YOUR yard?

Ellerbe, NC(Zone 8a)

I know some of you are still in the deep freeze. LOL

But there's got to be someone with some Iris blooming somewhere.

Share!

I'll start. This is "My Kayla" -- thank you Maxsmomma. I love this one.

Thumbnail by av_ocd_girl
Ellerbe, NC(Zone 8a)

This is "Minidragon" ... from Schreiner's last fall.

Thumbnail by av_ocd_girl
Ellerbe, NC(Zone 8a)

"Live Coals"

Thumbnail by av_ocd_girl
South Hamilton, MA

Glad that you like SDBs. Ours never will bloom until early May.

North Shore of L. I., NY(Zone 6b)

My Siberian Iris are just coming up, the Bearded Iris are just starting to grow and the Dutch Iris are up nicely but no bloom stalks yet. I think they bloom early May, not sure.

The only bloom here are the spring bulbs. Mostly Early Daffodils.

Thumbnail by newyorkrita
South Hamilton, MA

3 types of I. reticulata in bloom.

Philadelphia, PA(Zone 6b)

Ohhh, and it's blooming so nicely for you, too!!

You mail them away and then they grow up...makes you a little misty! ; )

Vail, AZ

I have Happy New Year in bloom.

Thumbnail by redheadclan
Ellerbe, NC(Zone 8a)

Really nice one there redhead

Ellerbe, NC(Zone 8a)

Here's another new one for me. Came from Schreiner's last fall.

'Music' ... This flower has just opened this morning, the spots fade a little after a few days, but I still love it.

Thumbnail by av_ocd_girl
Ellerbe, NC(Zone 8a)

This is 'Sun Doll' Love this little SDB. The rain got to it, but still beautiful.

Thumbnail by av_ocd_girl
South Hamilton, MA

'Sun Doll' always reminded me of a rose when opening. then it would say 'Oh, I'm supposed to be an iris & turn into one.

Greenwood, IN(Zone 5b)

Only have one bearded iris blooming now though many budded up. Don't know the name.

By the way, I love "Minidragon" - what a beauty!! I will have to check that out at Schreiner's since I source from there too.

Thumbnail by SteveIndy
North Shore of L. I., NY(Zone 6b)

Lovely. Bearded Iris here have just begun their spring growth. Going to be a long time until blooms.

Santa Ynez, CA

I have a couple real cuties.....Boo

Thumbnail by makj
Santa Ynez, CA

Serendipity Elf

Thumbnail by makj
Santa Ynez, CA

Berry Blush

Thumbnail by makj
Santa Ynez, CA

Glowingly

Thumbnail by makj
South Hamilton, MA

I will have to tell Lynn (Boo's mom) that it blooms in CA.

Ellerbe, NC(Zone 8a)

They're all so beautiful. I love SDB's. They give the garden a preview of things to come, after a long hard winter.

I particularly like 'Boo' and 'Glowing', and 'Berry Blush' ain't too shabby either. LOL I guess I just like them all.

Santa Ynez, CA

it can be hard to narrow down one's favorite:)

Lafayette, IN(Zone 5a)

My favorite would be the one I was looking at! And then the next one I looked at would become my favorite! :)

Santa Ynez, CA

LOL

Cut Bank, MT(Zone 3a)

Look at all the beauties blooming today. Hooray.

Western, WI(Zone 4a)

makj, love all the little ones that you posted. Lovely coloration on them.

Av-ocd_girl, what a beauty that "My Kayla" is. That one I could it take home in a minute.

Thanks for the fresh breath of spring. Mine are just starting to show growth after coming out of snow banks.

Maxine

Gainesville, TX

only the oldies blooming now. I planned my iris for the ones that bloom mid to late because of the spring storms here in tornado alley

Thumbnail by sharondippity
Mackinaw, IL(Zone 5a)

Just lurking here, dreaming and waiting for my turn! I was just out there yesterday, weeding the creeping Charley out of my iris patch.

Question: my clump of Puddy Tat (a SDB) has really increased. Would it be a bad idea to dig and divide it now, before it blooms? I'd love to move some to the front yard, where it would be more visible, but I don't want to risk losing the blooms this year. I suspect it would be best to wait and move it after it blooms, but I'd love to hear from the experienced gardeners. I'm in central IL, zone 5a, if that makes a difference.

Angie

Santa Ynez, CA

Angie, I would not move it until it is done blooming, July or August, as tough as they can be you might risk the blooms, again I would wait
Marie

Ellerbe, NC(Zone 8a)

Clump of 'Plum Ripples'

Thumbnail by av_ocd_girl
Ellerbe, NC(Zone 8a)

close-up

Thumbnail by av_ocd_girl
Ellerbe, NC(Zone 8a)

'Forever Blue' kind of ragged. the wind blew about 20 mph all day.

Thumbnail by av_ocd_girl
Lewisburg, KY(Zone 6a)

Well, shoot
I had one little bloom on a dwaft, it looks like a TB Jesse's Song. Some one added them to a DG box but with no name. Wonder who it could be?

We had tornado warning yesterday, torrential rains and wind so no pics to share :(

Ashdown, AR(Zone 8a)

Blueberry Tart from Dee

Thumbnail by bigred
Ashdown, AR(Zone 8a)

lost tag,from friend many years ago. Short (12-14 inches tall)w/ small flowers but don't think it's a dwarf

Thumbnail by bigred
Ellerbe, NC(Zone 8a)

Blueberry Tart is sooo cute.

We had quite a storm last night too. I think I've got flower pots in the next county. LOL

This is obviously not an Iris, but I took this photo yesterday of my flowering cherry tree, 'Kwanzan'. Like a big pink powder puff in the front yard.

Thumbnail by av_ocd_girl
South Hamilton, MA

Nice after a brown or snowy winter.

Vail, AZ

two more today;
Renascent

Thumbnail by redheadclan
Vail, AZ

and Star Surge

Thumbnail by redheadclan
Mackinaw, IL(Zone 5a)

Oooh, that Star Surge is stunning! Can't wait until mine start. Looks like I'll have a really big showing of Gizmo the Gremlin this year. It has really multiplied!

Ellerbe, NC(Zone 8a)

Love that Star Surge. I need to get more reds in my garden. I've got mostly pastels and blues.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.