Spring Round Up, Anyone? - p.2

Menifee, CA(Zone 9a)

Hey all, the other thread was getting a bit long so I figured I'd go ahead and start a new page for it.
Spring has sprung! : - )
Everyone is invited to join us for the Spring Round Up, which we will be hosting at our Christmas Tree Farm on Saturday, April 9, 2011. You must let me know that you will be attending so that you will receive directions to our place. I'll be sending out a group D-mail shortly before the date (usually about a week).
Send me a dmail or make a post on this thread. : - )

This is where we came from: http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1150116/#new

Hope to see everyone there!
Walk In Beauty!
SingingWolf

Thumbnail by SingingWolf
Menifee, CA(Zone 9a)

Link to the Plant/Seed Trade: http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1160917/

Link to the Food Thread: http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1160918/

Guest List as of Tuesday, March 29th, 2011:

SingingWolf - 4
weegy12 - 2? (is your Mom coming? She was fun! : - ) )
sherman99 - 1 (?)
dillansnana - 3
Samigal - 2
gr8cayte - 6 (Family fun!)
Mombird - 1 (?)
WormsLuvSharon - 1 + (?)
Wendallyn - 4
justpeaches - 1
SoCal - 2 (if health permits)
QuiltyGirl - 2 (I thought you were already on it.)
JDTaglish - 2 (family fun!)
Idblond - 7
EarlKann - 1 (?)

Hope to see everyone there, and please let me know if I goofed on the links.
WIB~
SW

This message was edited Mar 29, 2011 12:10 PM

This message was edited Mar 29, 2011 12:13 PM

This message was edited Mar 30, 2011 10:19 AM

This message was edited Mar 30, 2011 6:38 PM

This message was edited Apr 1, 2011 11:26 AM

This message was edited Apr 4, 2011 9:49 AM

Round Rock, TX(Zone 8b)

Hi SW

Turns out my two middle kiddos will be off at a church thing from the 8th to the 10th and will miss the RU. But my youngest D, who swam in your pool last year, has chosen the RU over a Boy Scout camping trip. His reasoning? He can camp with the Scouts several times a year. The RU is just once a year. So the RU won. See! A true gardener! ^_^

So it will just be four of us. TTFN!

Heather

Norwalk, CA

Hi SW -

FYI, there will be 2 of us, I'm pretty sure the 5 was Samigal

Deni

Menifee, CA(Zone 9a)

Thanks for pointing out the changes Heather. I will miss the girls. Your son cracks me up. : - )
Sorry JD, my bad. I'll fix it. Was running on empty when I was posting the new thread. : - |
Any other corrections, additions, etc. LMK!
Thanks everyone. : - )
It's so beautiful that I'm heading outside as soon as I get these corrections made. : - )
Did you all hear? The drought is officially over! Till next year anyway. LOL!
Have a good day all!
WIB~
SW

(Pegi) Norwalk, CA(Zone 10b)

Looks like a nice group will be coming, but SW there is only 2 of us not 5. LOL
BTW about what time should we come or is anytime OK?

La Quinta, CA(Zone 9b)

It was a lovely morning enough to entice and get me to prepare the retainer garden bed for seed. It's a long area of poor soil, with nutrients stolen by the neighbor's ficus but I've got just the seeds to plant to make all of that look like prime gardening real estate :-) Another day of watering and Friday I can set seed. It's exciting to get the ball rolling.

Can't believe the Round Up is nearly here as well! - SingingWolf, I don't see my party of 5 on your list and I'm actually bringing 2 more. So my tally is 7. Michelle and her husband Ron are just signing up on DG but my are avid gardners. She too will bring a dish for 10 and maybe some goodies to for the seed and plant exchange.

Lara

Edit - By the way, could you please send me directions to your farm. My mom wants to make a Google map Thanks.

This message was edited Mar 30, 2011 3:06 PM

Menifee, CA(Zone 9a)

Okay, Thanks for the correction Samigal. I'll fix it.
IDBlond, I must have gotten your party of five mixed up with someone else. Wouldn't be the first time, and I'm sure it won't be the last.
Your friends are more than welcome to join us. I'm into encouraging people to garden even if they don't belong to DG. : - )
A little birdie told me that one of our friends who was a member of DG will be joining us for the RU. : - )
Okay, the directions to the farm will be going out in a group "Blast" on Monday. I hope your Mom can be patient until then, Lara. : - )
Have to say the google photo of our farm was taken several years ago, and some things have changed.
I'm really looking forward to meeting you Lara and your family and friends too. I'll make sure you get up there on the Guest list. Sorry about the mistakes.
WIB~
SW

No Central, AZ(Zone 7b)

I am inviting/directing a new member, EarlKann, who lives in San Jacinto, to this RU thread.

Crossville, TN

Now you are guilty of a good deed!!! LOL Jo

No Central, AZ(Zone 7b)

LOL, Jo. Yesterday my 'guilt' was defended to a new member on the "Today I Am Thankful' thread.

Crossville, TN

You are also guilty of being a lovely person!!~ Jo

No Central, AZ(Zone 7b)

;-) Blush

Menifee, CA(Zone 9a)

Not to mention a helpful person. : - )
Without Lynda's help, a lot of people wouldn't have thought to look at the RU thread. : - )
Go ahead and blush some more. LOL!
I welcomed and invited him too.
Jo you will be missed. Even if you are a chocolate enabler. : - )
Somehow the RU just won't be the same without you. We're still planning on having fun though! So far the creek is still flowing in places. I just took a quick tour to show the ladies who are working on the Pow Wow we'll be hosting in November, so they could take photos of various things that the city will want to know. Mundane, boring stuff. But the wild flowers are all blooming and it's a gorgeous day. As we were driving from the parking lot area towards Gma Oak, I realized that there were people out there. They were taking apart the troll bridge. Gosh, I love the Boy Scouts. I thanked them for their work, and told them how much better the bridge looked, and took their photo so I could post it on a photo thread, and show everyone that we got some good kids in CA. I didn't realize there was another group of kids working on the bridge by the kite eating tree. I also didn't realize that DH had brought in some bee hives (temporarily, they'll be gone before RU), and one of the boys stirred up the bees by hitting the top of the hive. So they got the lecture on what to do if you are stung by a bee. I'm pretty sure I don't have to tell them it's not a good idea to stir up the bees. Sadly, LOL.
Still want to brag about the Boy Scouts. They are doing really good work repairing the two bridges. Since our whole community loves our place they are doing a community service. One of the kids even has made markers for the hiking trail. DH is supposed to make a copy of his topo map, so the kid can show the hiking trail and we'll have a description at each marker of what they are looking at. Then it will be a self-guided trail. : - )
They've been real helpful to us over the years. Thank You Scouts! : - )
My friend hit them up to see if they'd like to volunteer to help out at the Pow Wow. They'd like to have one of the BSA ceremonies here. I think he was saying Eagle Court. The Webelos have the Arrow of Light ceremonies.
DH and I enjoy having the kids come out. The one lady with Jayme was enquiring about using Gma for a commitment ceremony? She & her DH plan on repeating their Wedding Vows on their !0th Anniversary. What a sweet idea.
Needless to say, I got a lot of visiting done today, and not much gardening. LOL!
But it is a beautiful day today, and I'm so grateful that it's warm with a nice breeze, so it's easy for me to move. : - )
Ain't the Creator wonderful?
DH is still planning on giving a Hay Ride around the farm with a stop at the Bee Barn for them that are interested in that. Hopefully it won't be quite this warm for the RU. Poor DH can't figure out whether to put the picnic tables under Gma or to leave them where they are on the outside of her canopy.
He also has some mowing to do. : - )
Things are moving along right on schedule. I do want to urge everyone to take the time to figure out and post what food and of course the plants and seeds you'll be bringing to the RU.
Unless you're gr8tecate, and she's bringing just about everything except the kitchen sink. LOL! : - )
Some one else is here, must be the weather~ LOL~
Gotto go for now!
~WIB~
SW

Crossville, TN

SW...I'd LOVE to be there for a pow-wow!! Jo

San Jacinto, CA(Zone 8b)

Kind of short notice for me, but I'm going to try to make it. I'm not too far away so I should be able to get over there even if it only for a little while. Is there a start/end time?

Menifee, CA(Zone 9a)

Earl, we plan on people arriving about 11:00 am, eating about noon, and going til we drop after that. : - )
Last time we started drooping about 4: 30 or 5:00, I think. Hope it helps, and you can come down off that beautiful Mountain to join us! : - )
Jo, the Pow Wow will be held on November 4-6th. You have to be there on the 6th, for sure. You'll want to see and participate in the Veteran's Honoring Ceremony. : - )
Chores await!
WIB~
SW

North Fork, CA(Zone 7b)

SW, I'm sorry, I won't be able to make it like I thought I would. We planned to be down to see the kids but that weekend didn't work out in the schedule for everyone. Hard with a big family. I'll look forward to hearing about Have fun! Sue

Menifee, CA(Zone 9a)

Thanks Sue,
It's sad you won't get to see the kids, but hopefully soon! : - )
We will miss you at the RU, but if you are in the area, do let me know and we'll try to get together. : - )
I will try to take lots of photos of the people this year, and I'll share them. : - )
WIB~
SW

Round Rock, TX(Zone 8b)

Hi SW

I have been plugging DG for a while and have invited a few of my non DG (at least not yet anyways) friends to come to the RU. So far I have

Connie
Sheri (Connie's friend)
Tanya (and two or three of her kids)
Farmer Lou (who lives just a couple of miles from you towards Bundy Canyon)

That makes up for a few of my kids not coming right? ^_^

Heather

North Fork, CA(Zone 7b)

We are seeing the kids...it's just not the weekend you're meeting up. I'll miss meeting you all!

Menifee, CA(Zone 9a)

Heather, no worries, always can throw another spud in the pot, as G.ma used to say. : - )
Looking forward to meeting everyone! : - )
Sue, I am sorry that we won't be seeing you this time, but one of these days . . . .
I am glad you still get to see the kids this weekend. That's a good thing! : - )
WIB~
SW

Round Rock, TX(Zone 8b)

Just a quick check. How many of you will be doing the bowling balls? I've about 12 of them.
Google BBs to get more ideas. Here's a few http://tinyurl.com/3awntje .

If you want to bring your own tile or pennies or flat glass blobs or paint that's fine too. I'm bringing some tile (see previous posts for pics), glue, mod podge, paint brushes, garden catalogs (for decoupage flowers or veggies), plaster of paris (to fill BB holes). What else?

Heather

Menifee, CA(Zone 9a)

Well I believe I asked for one. And for those of you who like bling, you may consider using craft jewelry or old junk jewelry to add to your gazing/bowling ball collection. LOL.
If I could get different sizes it'd be fun to build a huge caterpillar out of some of them. But this time I only wanted one to play with. : - )
Rocks might look nice and so might sea shells. You can get as creative as you want decorating old bowling balls. : - )
Thanks again Heather! : - )
WIB~
SW

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

Hello everyone...in case you missed it, here's the link for the food thread. We're missing a few people still.

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

I spose it helps to include the link...
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1160918/#new

No Central, AZ(Zone 7b)

I think you have me down for a BB? Thanks.

Las Vegas, NV(Zone 9a)

Sorry guys but I will not be coming.

I was not up to par yesterday but thought it would pass. Well today I spent the majority of the day in bed sleeping. And that is not me. My shoulder woke me up at least 5 times last night and today I felt "just bad". Could not work it off.

We are getting a big storm coming and 50mph winds. The winds are suppose to be when I am driving over your way and I do not want to do that especially with my shoulder. I guess I am going to have to go to the doctor. Weird though, I woke up with a headache, which I never get, my teeth hurt along with my shoulder and right leg. I think my body just shut down because it knew I was not smart enough to do it myself.

Sorry Jules. You and I will meet someday. Love to all, Sharon.

Round Rock, TX(Zone 8b)

Too cute! Look what the legs are made of. http://tinyurl.com/3so7l69

Hemet, CA(Zone 9b)

I'd love to do a bowling ball Heather. Is there anything I could bring? I've kinda/sorta lost track of all this stuff, not following it as I should. Please update for me. Thanks so much, been wanting to make a BB for my garden for years.

Sylvia.

Round Rock, TX(Zone 8b)

Hi Sylvia

I posted a few links above showing the kinds of things you can do with a bowling ball. The hardest part for you is figuring out what to do. I can't help you with that part hun. ^_^

I am bringing plant/seed catalogs and mod podge for anyone that wants to decoupage theirs. I'm also bringing an assortment of tiles that I don't want to take with me when we move and some stuff I have to fill the holes if needed.

I have mirrored glass and broken shower door glass as well. Check the pic here http://tinyurl.com/3qu2tmz so you can see what I've done with shower door glass.

You can glue glass half blobs on them too. Check out here http://tinyurl.com/3uncp8t to see what I mean. You can get a big bag of clear ones at Joann's (maybe Michael's too) for relatively cheap. I have some in blue that I don't want too.

If you (or anyone else) wants to paint a BB to look like a ladybug or bee I can bring painters tape and paint brushes too.

So start mulling over your options. Only four more days! ^_^

Heather

Hemet, CA(Zone 9b)

Heather

Thanks so much for your response. Blue is my most fav, or a lady bug.
It is so very gracious of you to bring these things for us to have fun with.
Love ya,
Sylvia

Menifee, CA(Zone 9a)

Heather,
What about mixed media? LOL! I think your bowling balls are going to be a great way to remember you when you've gone to Texas (remind me to tell you family story about Gone to Texas! LOL)
My dear Sharon, do not attempt to drive out here while your shoulder is messed up. What with the weather, it would not be good for you or your DH to try to attempt it. DH and I will be going to Las Vegas sometime in the relatively near future, and I will make plans to get together with you then. Be well, I care! : - )
That's not to say I won't miss you. I know that you and Dillansnana are going to hit it off famously once you do get together, : - )
Right now, work on getting better, and listen to your body. : - )
You will be missed at the RU. I'll take lots of people photos this time to share with you and I'll even try really hard to get the names right. : - )
Only a few more days til RU! Yippee!
WIB~
SW

(Pegi) Norwalk, CA(Zone 10b)

Sorry to hear Sharon won't be able to make it to the round-up, but can't take chances with your health.

Oh my Heather, do you have to rent a U-haul truck? I've got a couple bowling balls here, never did get around to doing anything with them. I could use some painters tape and brushes, would love to make a lady bug and I even saw one made into a bumble bee, used old screen for wings. Some of the pretty BB look nice even as is. Of course, my main interest right now is doing some mosaic things and I do like to decoupage,looking forward to seeing all your stash.

I do hope the rain stays away for our special day, rain can come later.

Round Rock, TX(Zone 8b)

Fortunately Samigal I only live about ten minutes away from SingingWolf so if I have to make several trips it's not too bad.

If you're going to be doing the decoupage be sure and bring along some scissors to cut flowers from catalogs. I have a few pair but maybe not enough.

Heather

Menifee, CA(Zone 9a)

I'll be bringing some old catalogs too for the decoupage project. : - )
I'm pretty bummed that Sharon can't come this time, but I know that in her heart she'll be with us. I did promise to take plenty of photos too. : - )
I'll look for extra scissors, I probably have a couple of pair down at the Christmas store. I need to get in there anyway, to get the water and coffee pots.
I have Jake telling me to leave him alone, so he can get to work, and him nagging me to eat. LOL!
He's really been great since DH and the boys have busy doing other things. He makes me laugh.
:- )
The weather people are saying it will be sunny but cold on Sunday. I don't trust them. The weather is very unstable right now. So we're still planning on doing the food and plant exchange in the Bee Barn.
I have Jake working on my neglected gh, so it doesn't look so bad, and that's where we'll find babies that volunteered to grow. He's potting them up for me, and I guess who ever wants them can have them. : - )
I doubt I'll have time to list them before the RU. So there will be surprises for some of you. : - )
Gosh, he's bossy! LOL! Now he's reminding me to drink water! LOL!
Talk to you soon. : - )
WIB!
SW

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

The RU is on Saturday the 9th, correct?

Round Rock, TX(Zone 8b)

Yep! Day after tomorrow.

Menifee, CA(Zone 9a)

Oh, forgot to say, you can make wings for bees or b.flys. The sell the materials at Jo Ann's or you can take them off of something else. You do need to coat the wire with some kind of plastic or the material will wear thin real fast.
Just thought you'd like to know.
WIB~
SW

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.