CLOSED: Bee, Butterfly & Hummingbird Mix

London, Canada

Can you please dmail me instructions on how to do this please? Sorry for the inconvenience and thank you.

Lisa

Snellville, GA(Zone 8a)

Aquene

I recieved my package of seeds today and i would like to say thank you so much..
The Bonus seeds are very much appreciated..

Happy Gardening...
Cindy

Montreal, Canada

Hi ;)

Any seeds left , would love to help out the bees
let me know!

Annapolis, MD

thank you so much i received my seeds!

(Pam) Warren, CT(Zone 5b)

My seeds arrived today. Thank you! Also thanks for the bonus seeds, I look forward to trying them!

Pam

Halifax, MA(Zone 6a)

Quote from rafa3l :
Hi ;)

Any seeds left , would love to help out the bees
let me know!

Kawonkamish rafa3I,

Which seeds would you like? When you let me know I will set the seeds aside for you.

Aquene (Peace),
WautuckquesSochepo (SnowRabbit)
(__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(") The Official Easter Rabbit

that list of clay breaking plants is wonderful !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Carmel, IN(Zone 5b)

I would love to attract more bees....may I please request mix #1 if still available?

Do you need a regular or bubble envelope with postage?

Thank you for this generous offer!
Linda

(Ang) Bremerton, WA(Zone 8b)

Arrived today! Thank you so much ^_^

Portland, TX(Zone 9b)

I received mine in the mail today too! Thank you for your efforts...can't wait to try the mix out.

Tikipod - I love the name!

Russell

Everett, WA(Zone 8a)

Thanks very much for the generous mound of seeds!

Corey

(Zone 7a)

I got mine yesterday. Thanks so much!

Halifax, MA(Zone 6a)

Quote from mom2goldens :
I would love to attract more bees....may I please request mix #1 if still available?

Do you need a regular or bubble envelope with postage?

Thank you for this generous offer!
Linda

Kawonkamish Linda,

Yes you may have a packet. I will set one aside for you. A regular envelope is fine. I have lots of bubble wrap.

Aquene (Peace),
(__/)
(='.'=)

Ashley, IL

Received the seeds. I am looking forward to getting the seeds in the ground. Very generous of you to also send the bonus seeds. Thank you, TinyRose

Halifax, MA(Zone 6a)

Koonepeam (You are welcome), TinyRose.

Aquene (Peace),
(__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(") The Official Easter Rabbit ^_^

Somerset, KY(Zone 6a)

I would like to get a #2 please. Will send envelope and postage out tomorrow.

Halifax, MA(Zone 6a)

Quote from kevinblaine :
I would like to get a #2 please. Will send envelope and postage out tomorrow.

Kawonkamish Kevin,

I will set one aside for you.

Aquene (Peace),
(__/)
(='.'=)

Halifax, MA(Zone 6a)

Quote from RickCorey_WA :
... If they will really break up unimproved soil, I should make a concerted effort to start them all, even if I have no raised bed room for them.

I didn't realize Asters were perennial.

Corey

Kawonkamish Rick,

Here are some Hardy Asters, native and non-native.

Native Perennial Asters:
Aster alpinus- Alpine Aster 'Beauty Sky Blue'
Aster carolinianus- Climbing Aster
Aster cordifolius- Common Blue Wood Aster
Aster divaricatus- White Wood Aster
Aster ericoides- White Heath Aster
Aster novae-angliae- New England Aster 'Purple Dome'
•Aster novi-belgii- New York Aster
Aster x 'Woods Light Blue'

Non-native Perenial Asters:
Aster amellus- Italian Aster (native to Italy)
Aster amellus L. ssp. ibericus- Iberian Aster (native to North-western Iberian Peninsula (Spain and Portugal))
Aster farreri- Tibetian Michaelmass Daisy (native to Tibet)
Aster linosyris- Goldilocks Aster (native to United Kingdom)
Aster thomsonii- Thomson's Aster (native to Himalayas, Pakistan to Uttarakhand,)
Aster tongolensis- West Indies Aster 'Wartburg Star' (native to Western China)
Aster tongolensis- West Indies Aster 'Burrgarten' (native to Western China)
Aster tongolensis- West Indies Aster 'Napsbury' (native to Western China)

Aquene (Peace),
(__/)
(='.'=)

*Edited for duplication.

This message was edited Apr 26, 2012 1:48 PM

Somerset, KY(Zone 6a)

Sorry, I didn't get the envie and postage out. I will definitely get it out Monday.

Everett, WA(Zone 8a)

Thanaks, I've added that list of Asters to my notes.

I've heard about "tillage radishes" used instead of a plow to drill holes in heavy soil and add organic matter, but I think their idea of "heavy" soil is like my idea of "amended soil".

Corey

Zapata, TX

Received the seeds, will go on the ground today, can't wait to see what pops up, appreciate the bonus

thank you,
noemi

Halifax, MA(Zone 6a)

Quote from RickCorey_WA :
Thanaks, I've added that list of Asters to my notes.

I've heard about "tillage radishes" used instead of a plow to drill holes in heavy soil and add organic matter, but I think their idea of "heavy" soil is like my idea of "amended soil".

Corey

Kawonkamish Rick,

The radish you need for breaking up clay ground is Oilseed Radish- Raphanus sativus. You is as a cover crop. It has an extra-long taproot that breaks up and aerates the soil. It will also bring up nutients for the next plants. Till/tgurn it under just before it flowers. It will decompose and help to control cysts and stinging nematodes. It is hardy to 20°F, so it is great for planting in the fall. Hope this is helpful.

Aquene (Peace),
(__/)
(='.'=)

Halifax, MA(Zone 6a)

Oh I almost forgot; there is another plant you could try to help break up the soil. It is Sweet Clover- Melilotus officinalis. It is a great plant for green manure; it is a great honey plant, too. Sow it as an annual or let it winter over and it will grow to 6 feet tall. It has deep roots that will break up the soil and will fix nitrogen as much as Alfalfa and does not need nonacid soil. It produces yellow with a few white flowers. You can get it pre inoculated from some catalogs or you will need to inoculate it yourself.

Aquene (Peace),
(__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

Everett, WA(Zone 8a)

Thank you. I haven't seen oilseed radish for sale, but I probably need t5o drive out to a coop or feed store.

I figured that oilseed radish must be very good for the purpose, becuase the "Tillage radish people" put a lot of effort into claiming that theirs was "better than oilseed radish".

I liked some of their advertising slogans: "Park that heavy metal!" meaning, don't plow and disk, just plant radishes.

I added both to my "clay soil" notes. I suspect that, when lists of cover crops say "tolerates heavy soil", they don't mean AS heavy as my unimproved stuff. Even dandilions find it a challenge.

Corey

Halifax, MA(Zone 6a)

I know you can get Oilseed Radish and Sweet Clover from Johnny's Selected Seeds in Winslow Maine. They have a website. Let me know if you are interested and I can Dmail you the cost and shipping information.

Aquene (Peace),
(__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

Everett, WA(Zone 8a)

I do already have Johnny's listed in my "Cover Crops" notes.

What I wish I could order online is about 1/4 acre of sunny land to grow more things on!

Corey

Halifax, MA(Zone 6a)

Lol.

Aquene (Peace),
(__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

Halifax, MA(Zone 6a)

I have, seven of #1 and two of #2, of the Bee, Butterfly & Hummingbird packets remaining.

Aquene (Peace),
(__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

Carmel, IN(Zone 5b)

My seeds arrived safely on Friday. Thank you so much--I'm certain to have some beautiful flowers to attract those pollinators. Can't wait to plant them in a few weeks.

Linda

St. Louis County, MO(Zone 5a)

Are there seeds still available? Either pack would be fine, my daughter has a field next to her house, we are planting more every year to smother weeds and attract bees, etc.

Halifax, MA(Zone 6a)

Kawonkamish Cathy,

Yes I do have BB&H packets left. I will send you a Dmail.

Aquene (Peace),
(__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

West Palm Beach, FL(Zone 10b)

any more seeds available?????

new bee here. need to help bee population, i think....have seen one or two bees. a few wasps. rest of pollinators are yellow jackets.

....and daughter griping that i just have veggies in garden - no flowers.

thanks.

Halifax, MA(Zone 6a)

Kawonkamish SoFlaCommercial,

Yes, I do have some left. Which would you like?

Aquene *Peace*,
WautuckquesSochepo *SnowRabbit*
(__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

What do you have? I'm not picky; just something to attract the beauties. :)

Halifax, MA(Zone 6a)

Kawonkamish SoFlaCommercial,

I have the following:

Bee, Butterfly & Hummingbird Mix #1:
Agastache anisata, Asclepias incarnata, Aurinia saxatilis, Calendula officinalis, Centaurea cyanus, Cheiranthus allonii, Cimicifuga racemosa, Chrysanthemum maximum, Coreopsis lanceolata, Coreopsis tinctoria, Cosmos sp., Cynoglossum sp., Echinacea purpurea, Erysimum sp., Eschoscholzia californica, Gaillardia aristata, Gaillardia pulchella, Gypsophila elegans., Helianthus annuus, Iberis unbellata, Liatris spicata, Linaria maroccana, Linum usitatissimum, Linum perenne, Lobularia maritima, Lunaria annua, Lupinus perennis, Lupinus succulentus, Mirabilis jalapa, Monarda citriodora, Oenothera biennis, Petunia sp., Phlox drummondii, Rudbeckia hirta, Salvia coccinea, Sidalcea malviflora, Silene armeria, Silene coronaria, Trifolium incarnatum, Verbena tenuisecta, Zinnia sp

Bee, Butterfly & Hummingbird Mix #2: Alcea rosea, Agastache anisata, Agastache rugosa, Asclepias incarnata, Asclepias physocarpa, Aurinia saxatilis, Centaurea cyanus, Cheiranthus allonii, Cimicifuga racemosa, Coreopsis lanceolata, Coreopsis tinctoria, Cosmos sp., Eschoscholzia californica, Gaillardia aristata, Gaillardia pulchella, Gypsophila elegans., Helenium sp., Helianthus debilis, Liatris spicata, Linaria maroccana, Linum usitatissimum, Linum perenne, Leucanthemum x supurbum, Lobularia maritima, Lunaria annua, Lupinus perennis, Lupinus succulentus, Mirabilis jalapa, Monarda citriodora, Monarda dydima, Nigella damascena, Papaver rhoeas, Phlox drummondii, Rudbeckia hirta, Salvia coccinea, Sidalcea malviflora, Tagetes erecta, Verbena tenuisecta, Xerochrysum bracteatum, Zinnia sp.

Aquene *Peace*,
(__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

I think most of the stuff in Mix #1 will survive in zone 10a, eh?

I'll take door #1. :)

My address is in the seed exchange. I'm on facebook, too, if you need to get hold of me that way as well.

Have a great day.

dawn.

Halifax, MA(Zone 6a)

Kawonkamish Dawn,

I have set the packet aside for you. It will cost more, because you wanted the 3 Sisters as well. I will Dmail you the postage cost.

Aquene *Peace*,
(__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7b)

Kawonkamish maccionoadha. ;)

I plant only natives and garden for wildlife.

Last year I developed a Monarch Waystation.

http://www.monarchwatch.org/waystations/

This year I'm working for the bees:

http://www.extension.umn.edu/distribution/horticulture/DG8484.html

I would be delighted to receive your seed packet #2. You are very generous to share this bounty with us. :)

Thank you and goodnight.

~Amanda

Halifax, MA(Zone 6a)

Kawonkamish Amanda,

I have set a #2 packet aside for you.

Aquene,
WautuckquesSochepo
(__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

San Bernardino, CA(Zone 9a)

Hi, I just wanted to sign up for #1 if there are any left. This is a very nice thing that you have done. Thank you, Robyn

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.