Spring 2011 - What's blooming in your garden? Part 2

(Becky) in Sebastian, FL(Zone 10a)

The Sweet Autumn Clematis has reached the top of the mini-pergola on the left side. I hope the right side catches up soon! I would love for that pergola to be shaded from both sides and even the slated roof. It's a great place to sit and watch all the birds and squirrels. I recently added some hooks to the back of the pergola along the main posts to hang my cactus orchids. It will be years before they ever bloom. I've yet to have one of them bloom, so it will be a special day when they do!

Thumbnail by beckygardener

Some more of my daylilies have bloomed. Twins from this plant!

Another daylily with a ruffled bloom.

KO Red Roses.

Pink and purple petunias.

Blue Plumbago. It grows aggressively here and blooms constantly!

This message was edited Apr 19, 2011 10:45 PM

A lot of different crossed daylily blooms.

This one and the next one are two of my favorite daylily plants! I really love the blooms on both of them!

I love the two-toned effect on this daylily plant.

Pink Coral vine and Rainbow KO Rose bud.

Climbing roses blooming on the cattle panel arbor.

Ditchlily bloom.

A bell pepper veggie forming on one of the plants.

Jacksonville, AR(Zone 7b)

Love the day lilies and their bold colors. Nice Roses too

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Love the daylilies (but I would :) and gardens looks lovely. You mentioned the plumbago...when I went to Tampa that was the first thing I noticed. Blue is my favorite color and to see it everywhere....I was ready to move!!!

Oh, and also a tree, huge tree, decked out in beautiful purple flowers. This tree stopped me in the middle of the road (and the natives weren't happy!) but this Maine girl had never seen anything so pretty!

This message was edited Apr 20, 2011 5:11 AM

Thanks Jackie and Pixie!

Pixie - What was the blooming purple flowered tree you saw in Tampa? Do you know the name of it?

(Debra) Derby, KS(Zone 6a)

I missed this thread.. how lovely your Garden is Becky, and as always I am pleased with the eye candy from you all.

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Have no idea Becky...here's the tree.

Thumbnail by pixie62560
South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Full view

Thumbnail by pixie62560
South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Look at the flowers

Thumbnail by pixie62560
South China, ME(Zone 5a)

another

Thumbnail by pixie62560
South China, ME(Zone 5a)

This was on a different bush/tree....don't know what it was either but it was lovely!

Thumbnail by pixie62560
South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Here's the plumbago....I must of took 20 pictures of this flower! LOL

Thumbnail by pixie62560
South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Then there was this lovely yellow flower that I found to be beautiful too....any idea?

Thumbnail by pixie62560
Gautier, MS

Beautiiful blooms Becky and Pixie!

I think that tree is called Paulownia or Princess Tree

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/fp.php?pid=8510508

Garland, TX(Zone 8a)

Pixie, your first mystery tree is Jacaranda mimosifolia: http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/1254/

Second purple flowering plant appears to be Petrea volubilis: http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/54548/

The last yellow flower looks like a Ludwigia, perhaps L. octovalvis: http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/62774/

This message was edited Apr 21, 2011 11:32 AM

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Niffty....your brillant! Thank you, thank you!!
Being a naive country girl from this cold tundra...I was in plant heaven while there. Those 3 plants (along w/the many hibiscus) had me drooling and OHHH and AHHHing the whole time I was there!!

Helena - Thank you! :-)

Pixie - I believe that Nick is correct on those IDs. I had a small plant of the Jacaranda mimosifolia, but the freeze got it two years ago. I've seen the large ones in full bloom here and they are breath-taking! You posted some beauties for sure!

Garland, TX(Zone 8a)

I hope I didn't "step on anyone's feet" (Becky?) by jumping in there with the ID's. Sorry if I did — it was unintentional! I love doing ID work and even more so, helping people in the process. :)

Lots of beautiful flowers in this thread! So glad it's springtime!!

Nick - You are not stepping on anyone's feet here that I am aware of! Glad you were able to ID those trees! Thanks!

I agree ... Glad it is Spring! Actually here ... it's been warm like summer already. Very warm! Not ready for the high temps, but looks like Mother Nature has other plans! LOL! Well, at least the MGs love the heat! :-)

Debra - Thanks! Can't wait to see some more of your garden eye candy! Are the Spring temps finally stabilizing there?

This message was edited Apr 21, 2011 9:17 PM

Norfolk, VA

Here are some of my snapdragons in a container grown from seed!

Thumbnail by MGMan

MGMan - Those snapdragons are lookin' good! I love container gardening! In my area, they seem to do much better in containers vs. the ground. Can't wait to see the blooms on those! Very healthy looking plants!

Brandon, FL(Zone 9b)

Becky, I am positive this is a beauty you shared with me last year, I just can't find the baggie you marked the name on, am hoping you might help me...I have to tell ya too, EVERYONE that sees it, is in such aww over it!!! and with it being at the front of the house....ALOT of people see it!!!! I can't thanks you enough for all you shared with me!!

Thumbnail by DIRTYGIRL71
(Debra) Derby, KS(Zone 6a)

it is beautiful!

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

I agree, lovely color!

Garland, TX(Zone 8a)

Very pretty! Love the foliage, too!

Norfolk, VA

Here are more snapdragons on the ground, these were also started from seed.

Thumbnail by MGMan
Norfolk, VA

Zinnias

Thumbnail by MGMan
Norfolk, VA

Last but not least, a tomato plant.

Thumbnail by MGMan

Dirtygirl - It looks like a cross between Kawaii and Sunsmiles. I grew them together, so it could be a nice cross. Violet Sunsmiles: http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/170663/ Are the vines growing upward? If not and it wants to be a weeping MG, it could be Sidare.

Tony - Your seedlings look great! You should have a lovely patch of blooms there very soon! My tomato plants are loaded with green tomatoes! I am always amazed at how fast they grow!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.