Interested in oriental lilies? Going to the plant swap?

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Yes, Go ahead and order them I can take the extras if Beck doesn't want them. I can find a spot for them. Do you need $$ for any of the plants yet?

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

No, we'll just settle up at the swap. I need to talk to you at some point about how many coir blocks you might be willing to haul back from Alison's... I think they might be 10x12" or 12x12" (and maybe 5 inches thick) if they are like the ones I've bought before. I'd love to take 10 or even 20 off her hands, if you think you'll have room for them under your plant boxes. If you have room for more than that, we can see who else might be interested (Greenthumb might, as he uses Pro Mix in the big bales so could probably use some big blocks of coir, too).

Sequim, WA(Zone 8a)

I'll take a few of whatevers to fill out the orders :-) Same with the Phlox...

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

I think Allison told me how big they are I will have to look and see for sure. I'm thinking we could put two layers down in the back of the explorer and stack the plants on them.
Oh I could pay Allison for the coir and you can take it out of what I owe you for the plants.

This message was edited Apr 17, 2011 5:51 PM

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

LOL, I'm going to owe Allison a lot more for the coir than you will owe me for plants. But $10 each is a good price on those big bricks of it.

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

UPDATE

I returned to find emails from Sunshine that my order did not ship out on Friday as anticipated. As of today, they are still "checking with the warehouse."

While I know I can easily get Terri's lilies to her and probably Holly's also, I'm thinking that if they have not shipped yet we probably don't want to wait too much longer for them; it's already on the late side for planting them. So unless they're on their way, at this point I'm inclined to cancel our order, with apologies, and say we'll try again in the fall or next spring.

I also need to call BloomingBulb and verify that the astilbes are on their way. Cross your fingers!

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Woohoooo! I'm happy to report that Sunshine overnighted our lilies to get them to me on time (there was a computer glitch with their new system), and both the lilies and the astilbe arrived today.

I've got details on your "packing slips" but wanted to give your totals.

Holly: $37.15 for the lilies, $52.87 (incl. shipping) for the astilbes, total of $90.

Terri: $46 for your lilies

Marlene: $6.85 for (5) Star Fighter lilies

Nisi $6.54 for (3) astilbe 'Henry Graafland'

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.