Off Topic - Gas Prices

Eatonton, GA(Zone 8b)

Up another 10 cents! $3.59 this morning!

Bridgewater, ME

3.85 here this morning

Lodi, CA(Zone 9b)

I spoke too soon, it's $3.99 LOL

Ferndale, WA

This really sucks: $ 4.13 here. I'm protesting the middle east, and the U.S.Govt. If it doesn't get better soon I'll also be protesting the Poultry Forum...I'm sure these birds have something to do with this nonsense...LOL...Hay

Fowlerville, MI(Zone 5b)

I paid $3.69 here in mid-Michigan today. .....At 15 miles per gallon, this stinks.

Deep East Texas, TX(Zone 8a)

How much do y'all go? As in how many miles a week?

Bridgewater, ME

I probably drive around 75 miles a week

Southern NJ, United States(Zone 7a)

Some weeks I drive about 75 miles and other weeks if I have meetings out of town it's a lot more. My car gets 26 to 28 miles per gallon, which helps. Believe it or not it's a Volvo wagon; I chose a Volvo because of its mileage.

Ferndale, WA

Those Volvo's are great cars. We have two refineries within sixty miles of us and I think gas is higher here than most places. I wonder if it's due to the Canadians comming down here to buy so much gas...Hay

For some reason gas is relatively inexpensive here compared to the surrounding states. Is gas in Washington State cheaper than in BC?

Saint Louis, MO(Zone 6a)

I remember as a child being paid 25 cents an hour to pump 16 cents a gallon gas.

Best diesel price this week $3.59 at the BP where gas is $3.49. Everyplace else is at least $3.89 and $3.54, respectively.

I'm thinking of trading my car in on a horse with a Slow Moving Vehicle triangle. Wonder if there's an ordinance against keeping or riding a horse around here... maybe I'll just get one of those old people's giant tricycles for city riding (need to transport a dog)..

We used to transport our Irish setter on DH's motorcycle; she'd sit upright sandwiched between us. It was quite a sight! But this was for very short distances, and only when the ferry for the island where we were living at the time was out of commission for a week for its yearly maintenance. Everyone kept their cars on the mainland during that period and used other transportation to get to the boat that took foot passengers across.

(Zone 6b)

Horseback riders are not allowed by the road in this area anymore. Imagine that, even in Texas. All livestock is outlawed within the city limits too. They can be in trailers, but not one hoof on the ground.

Very sad if you ask me. They used to ride down our streets sometimes. We loved seeing the horses.

Oil companies wanted to make sure we didn't go back to horses for transportaion I guess.

Joplin, MO(Zone 6b)

@GrayThumb - They are still allowed in most of Missouri... just have to have a special permit & stay to the shoulder when traffic comes up to allow them to pass I believe...

I put 300 miles on my car a week at times. So its costing us well over $200 a month for gasoline. It was $3.89 here this morning.

Richmond, TX

Around here horses are allowed equal status on the roads. - Just not the freeways!

Erwin, TN(Zone 7a)

I drive at least 100 miles /day, -- I am a handyman, -- I only get about 11 - to 12 mpg with my work truck, [when not towing a trailer]-- I spend about $200/week something is going to change soon, -- I can not charge more $ -- and gas is still going up, --soon I will have to just stay home and garden, sell produce, eggs, and milk, -- [maybe that is not a bad thing, for me, -- -- but very bad for the country] -my mortgage is low, less than $400 -- but many are not so lucky, --- I can cut out my cable bill, and get down to a few $ a month , and I raise more than enough food, -- what are the rest of the folks going to do, -- ??? the country [economy]does not look so good to me---

Joplin, MO(Zone 6b)

we are buying a house.. so starting a mortgage... going to try & grow what we can to eat... hopefully in the next year add a cow ... and this summer a piglet... but still.. with 4 kids.. its scary as can be! We drive as little as possible...16 mpg but gas is still expensive. I did see where over night it dropped... so either someone miss numbered the sign at my usual spot meaning to put up the diesel price or something weird happened.. bc it went to 3.89 to 3.35 over night... which is impossible.

Deep East Texas, TX(Zone 8a)

Definitely not looking so good. It doesn't make sense to trade in for a vehicle with higher mileage yet end up paying larger dollars in vehicle notes instead of fuel.

The tough part is, it is causing prices on everything to spiral.

What we are seeing in this rural area is people staying in the road. They are still buying the fuel and driving as much, they do without other things.

We don't put on a lot of miles, maybe 100 hundred a week. We ride together, work together and catch the grocery store on the way home.

Saturday when we were in town, gas was 3.53 a gallon. We get 16 mpg and I gotta say, for $3.53 a gallon I am not walking 16 miles. I am not sure what the breaking point will be when folks quit driving so much but even if it were $5.00 a gallon, I still would not walk 16 miles.

Needing to save up for our summer vacation to visit the elderly kinfolk that can't travel any longer. Now that will hurt...

(Zone 6b)

The higher gas goes the less traffic on the roads here. It's quite noticeable.

Fowlerville, MI(Zone 5b)

With gas as high as it is, I have noticed on the expressway that folks are driving slower and staying in the right lane. My Expedition gets its best gas mileage - 18mpg - at 69 mph, using my cruise control. That's where you'll find me......in the right lane, taking my time. .....If I drive like I normally would do, I only get 14mpg.

When gas goes up like this, one place where it's really noticeable here is that there are no boats on our little river. Except for the guys tending their traps, no one NEEDS to take a boat out, so they don't when it's too expensive. The waterways get very quiet.

(Zone 5b)

$3.87 this morning, not nearly as high as some have to pay. I didn't even glance at diesel prices. I put a couple hundred miles a week on my SUV, that's just a normal boring week, no trips or appointments. Had to get a few groceries this morning and was able to carry it all in two bags, total - $93.00

Eatonton, GA(Zone 8b)

$3.69 here today, I guess Im pretty lucky compared to most of you all! Now isnt that something, Paying $3.69 for gas sounds good!!! :0 ! I travel on most days between 25 and 30 miles, 5 days a week . I try not to go anywhere other than work , and make a stop on the way home to get groceries and Feed, never a trip just to go shopping! So usually my monthly mileage is 600 miles for work and my monthly trip to South Georgia to help my Parents another 250 miles, 750 miles....Ouch!!

Lodi, CA(Zone 9b)

I agree with Michael.. what ARE people gonna do? We are barely getting by.. gas is $4. a gallon, and groceries are skyrocketing. A basket that was $60. is now over $100!!

Richmond, TX

So far I haven't noticed any difference in people's driving habits around here. The last ever thing Texans will give up is their trucks and the freedom to drive them like idiots!

(Zone 6b)

I want a 4X4 pickup so badly, but they are so expensive, even the used ones. Finally realized that it because the men all want them and are willing to pay high dollar. I've decided just to fix my van that's been in my garage for two years with a blown head gasket, or was that three years? Oh well, whatever.

So now, do I just fix the head gasket or go for a new motor? Whichever way I go, it will be cheaper than a truck.

Ferndale, WA

Gas here is cheaper by quite a bit according to the Canadians I have spoken with. I haven't been to Canada for ten years because of the long lines crossing the border. I am only four miles from the border but can't get in or out without a passport...I love Canada but can see no reason to go there as the prices are really, really bad there. On the weekends our mall is filled with Canadians. If you just look at the parking lot you would swear your in Canada. Probably seventy five percent are Canadian cars...Hay

Bridgewater, ME

3.95 today

Joplin, MO(Zone 6b)

what you notice here is the motorcycles ... i'd say the number on the road jumped by 100% last spring. We'd have one.. but its a little hard to haul 4 kids on 2 motorcycles. That doesnt' mean we can't invest in 1... so that I don't have to pick my DH up from work for lunch.. and take him to & from work... just means the car sits more.. and we pay on it.. but we save on gas... so where do you win with that? what we save on gas.. could go towards an extra car payment too. I thankfully will still live next door to my mom.. which is also my office for work. so i will only need to drive to our shop, the bank & the post office... and grocery store.

Richmond, TX

Gas $3.58, diesel $3.79.

(Zone 5b)

Finally filled up today, $103.00, it would have taken a little more but by then I just wanted to get the heck out of there. It does seem like there is no end in sight to the sky high prices. I have a lot to say about it but it will only get me tossed from DG.

When I stopped at AG Land a few chicks jumped into my arms. 6 Barred Rocks, 2 RIR, 2 Speckled Sussex, 1 light Bram. That's what happens when I try to conserve and do all my errands in one round trip.

(Zone 6b)

:D

Lodi, CA(Zone 9b)

Annie! You are too funny! LOL

Richmond, TX

Fortunately when I shopped at TSC today the chick tubs were empty.

Lodi, CA(Zone 9b)

I just got gas at my regular place.. $4.05 insane!

(Zone 5b)

Gas went up 3 cents today. It'll be interesting to see what happens to the price on Friday if the budget vote isn't settled.

I stopped at AG Land again today. That's all I'm saying.

Richmond, TX

Gas $3.65, diesel $3.79. Getting to be less difference between them...(?)

Vancleave, MS(Zone 8b)

we had a new station open out by the interstate and they have been charging 3.23 so that just goes to show you how much some stations profit

Richmond, TX

Or they could be taking a loss to lure customers to their new business.

Erwin, TN(Zone 7a)

it does not cost any more to pump oil out of Texas ground this year then it did 5 years ago, -- and most of our oil comes from Canada, -- we still pay OPEC prices for all of it, -- it is a game--look at oil Company profits, --they are way up, ---

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.