Off Topic - Gas Prices

(Zone 5b)

I was wondering what gas prices are in your city? When I filled the tank last week it was $3.05 a gallon - expensive! I need to fill up again and now it's $3.49 and supposed to keep going higher. II drive a Yukon XL and am seriously considering getting a small (old and used) car for daily running around. Gas prices are going to be insane at this rate.

Bridgewater, ME

3.54 as of Monday here in northern Maine

Vancleave, MS(Zone 8b)

cheapest today in town was 3.39 here in the country was 3.49

Ferndale, WA

Here comming home today we took note that it was $3.45 and we are one mile from the BP refinery. This is all orchestrated inflation. There is no reason, even as it was back in 1973 with the long gas lines. It was orchestrated then and it's no different now. They continue to lie, and we have a government that will not step in and put a stop to anything. The government fraud and waste continues on and on. Read the book of Habukkuk and you will see his complaint to the Lord was the same as ours today. There will come a day of justice, Those who have used and abused the regular folks will pay for their evil deeds...Look out when a mans cup is full...Haystack

(Zone 6b)

I paid attention too, it is $3.35 here in Texas.

Erwin, TN(Zone 7a)

The lowest I have seen today is 3.42, -- the price of oil is the same --it is the US dollar that is fading fast, -- the other countries are dumping the Dollar, -- it will soon be in big trouble, -- The largest bank of Mexico just anounced it will no longer take the US dollar, -- we will see big inflation , and devaluation, -- we all need to stock up, -- we are in for some rough road, --

(Zone 5b)

I filled up the gas tank today, total was $97.81 Scary.

Ferndale, WA

Shure makes me snuggle up to my iron steed. This goes way beyond the devaluation of the American dollar. Thats a ploy that no longer works. The bubble of the housing market was just another big business scheme to defraud the people by big business and the government...If you think the government has clean hands in this welcome to la la land...Hay

This message was edited Mar 2, 2011 7:44 PM

(Zone 6b)

I agree.

This message was edited Mar 7, 2011 9:30 AM

Ferndale, WA

That information is not true. The Social Security System and the issuing of cards began In November of 1936. It was instituted as a means of regulating taxation. Up until 1986 no one under fourteen needed to sign up for a card as they were not making enough money to be concerned about. Very soon after that it was decided that it was easier to issue cards at birth...

(Zone 6b)

Ok I will give this site and won't comment further. It may or may not be true, but they forced the people to turn in their gold, and if they did not could receive 10 years in prison. http://www.apfn.net/Doc-100_bankruptcy.htm

We can agree on this, something bad is going on.

Ferndale, WA

Your exactly right, for many, many years it was illegal to own precious metals. I was not refering to the federal reserve. Only the Social Security System. There were so many that were working diligently to avoid paying taxes, and also lying about the no. of dependants. The Social Security System was the governments way to solve the problem. The Federal Reserve is another issue, thats all I was saying...Hay

Lodi, CA(Zone 9b)

I paid $3.85 today. I'm not happy about it. :(

Erwin, TN(Zone 7a)

if the Gov, taxed the American people at 100% of their income we still could not keep up with the interest payments, -- where do you think this will lead,?? I see a very clear trend, and do not like it, --

Bridgewater, ME

Daughter called last night and it went up to 3.69

Eatonton, GA(Zone 8b)

Here in middle Georgia we are holding between $3.24 and $3.29. This is just the beginning of the inflated prices that we will see through out the Summer months. I . like many of you, work for a living. I chose not to live in the city because of abusive taxes and forced city water and sewerage charges, plus I love the privacy and ability of raising my animals without someone complaining if a Rooster crows. But now just driving 10 miles to work and back again is really starting to eat away at my budget.

(Zone 5b)

I'd give up a lot of things to keep living where we are. Living in the city, where SUV's aren't required, isn't an option for my sanity. We have propane heat, last months bill was almost $700. Granted there are a lot of S/F of house to heat, and the garange too (gotta do everything to keep the chicks comfy). But, I can never go back to living right next door to someone, higher crime, complaining neighbors - no way. The serenity of living in the country with all the peace & quiet, animals around us, is worth it.

Weird, but when I got gas yesterday there was a very loong line at the station. I think people were panicking, thinking it was going to go higher. Sometimes I think that drives the price up - supply and demand. I expect the prices to keep going up daily, even if by just a few cents.

Oh, has anyone here signed up for the Purina promotion? They will e-mail coupons quarterly. I just got mine yesterday - $5.00 off on 2 bags of feed. You can get the info on the purina site.

Pelzer, SC(Zone 7b)

I'm most ticked off about the retailers who are justifying raising their prices because "gas has gone up". Well, I recall that excuse before, and at that point I could understand the logic. Now, not so much. My problem is that they never _dropped_ their prices when the gas went _down_. So now, the gas is back up, but the retail prices will go up more??

Bah. Humbug.

(Zone 5b)

Yes, Catmad, I remember that!!! High prices were blames on gas and nothing went down wiht the price of gas! People just get used to paying that much, we're easlily trained. I would almost rather go to the gas station than the grocery store! My DH always asks "what did you buy?" Uh, 3 bags and it was over $100. It's a good thing we eat healthy and rarely have junk food in the house. We aren't going to starve by any means but I get PO'd when I see that a box of cereal is over $4. It just doesn't make any sense.

(Zone 6b)

Several years ago when all this started, they were talking about gas prices and things in the feed store. I just shook my head and said, "I don't have any idea what they are doing" and a little elderly lady piped in and said, "They are making us all poor, that's what they're doing".

I often think of the words she spoke.

(Zone 5b)

It's not all doom and gloom. On the flip side of this I see SO many more people helping each other out. Complete strangers just helping out the other guy. I'm a big believer in Pay It Forward.

(Zone 6b)

We can't take it with us anyway. :)

(Zone 5b)

LOL, you got that right, LFJ! We can buy more chickens and chicken stuff!

(Zone 6b)

You are right AnnieB, it is in hard times that people pull together and get close, especially families. That's when you find out who really cares and who does not.

The majority of the population are still doing fine so far and can maintain to a certain level. It's the low income people that will suffer the most which is a real shame. Haystack expressed it well.

One severe problem I see is most of our manufacturing jobs have been moved to other countries. This cannot be good.

The banker families have been controlling finances for hundreds, maybe thousands of years. They have tricks that I do not understand, but somehow they always manage to keep all the money. lol Even in Bible times they had the much despised tax collectors, so things have not really changed much I guess.

(Zone 6b)

Have you noticed the media seems to want us to feel afraid? I wonder about that sometimes. Things have always been good and bad, so why all the hype right now?

Richmond, TX

Best prices I saw on the way to work this morning - gas: $3.24, diesel: $3.54.

Southern NJ, United States(Zone 7a)

Gas is cheaper here; I filled up yesterday for $3.17 a gallon for regular. And we don't have to pump our own, either. That seems like a real scam to me!

(Zone 5b)

At this rate, Greenhouse_gal, you'll need to make room in your greenhouse for all of us to move in LOL

LOL! It's unheated...

Richmond, TX

With several dozen of us crowded inside it should be pretty toasty!

This could be true! However, I suspect that gas is going to continue to rise here, too.

Lodi, CA(Zone 9b)

It scares me... I don't like to be a victim of the media, but it's kinda scary.. I mean, really $3.85??? I wonder what it is today?

Ferndale, WA

Mark my word on this, next year at this time it will be between $4.50 - $5,00. LFJ. I had to laugh as this certainly does go way, way back. So many don't realize it but the banking system is corrupt, the government is totally corrupt, but those that control most of the finances are the INSURANCE CO's that write in all the small print that is their escape as to why they don't have to pay most claims...Those who pay big for insurance seldom if ever have the coverage they think they are paying for. The Government exacts our taxes to provide for the people collectively, then send it to Foreign Countries, so they will climb into bed with them. Do you really have any idea what foreign countries owe us that is forgiven every single year??? It is quite easy for our government to forgive it as it is our money, not theirs..

Your quite right Michael, the future looks very grim. The American dream has now become the American NightMare...One has to wonder if it's even worth waking up to...Hay

Erwin, TN(Zone 7a)

I for one, -- do not plan to lay down and take it,-- Governments are transitory, --We, the people and the land are here to stay, - grow your own food, -- don't work for those things you don't "need" -- tax coffers are filled with the greed of those who think they need the shiney things they see on TV

Lodi, CA(Zone 9b)

Well, for my 2cents... I think they just charge it cause they know we will pay it! Simple as that.. they get scared, hike prices and for what? Same thing they did to us with Electricity a couple years ago.. there was no shortage.. we just had to pay it..

My last couple of experiences with the State of California have shown me clearly why our State is in such bad shape.. It's sad we elect such idiots to office. I hope Jerry can fix some of the mess left to him.

Ferndale, WA

Well said ZZ's. Tell me what background did Arnold have for governing a state like California. His resume would have been laughable at any Corporate table, but the fools of California elected a much bigger fool than themselves. We here in Washington cannot mock you though as the liberal idiots here can't even clean their own hineys...Hay...Ughhhh.

(Zone 5b)

It is a mess. But, I think it's been a wake up call for everyone, which is a good thing. In the past, elections have been mostly about trying to elect the lesser of the two evils, now we actually have some people in office who WILL make a difference. I believe that.

Richmond, TX

Hope you're right!

(Zone 6b)

We are definitely on high alert as far as our government is concerned. Many want to rein them in, and that is the very best news of all. The other day I told a man "I'm glad to be here in Texas amongst all you rednecks with your guns". I meant it too.

When she said, "off topic" I hope she meant it.

This message was edited Mar 7, 2011 9:33 AM

(Zone 5b)

LOL, yup,, but everything is connected in some way.

Gas is still the same today, $3.49 (let's not forget that .9 on the end of it).

Had lots of errands to do this morning and made sure I didn't go out of the way. Also used the $5 coupon from Purina and got 2 bags of chicken feed. So, this is still about chickens LOL

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.