TEA ROOM # 84

Merino, Australia

Good morning everyone. Here we are into March already. After all the diasasters and talk of illnesses I thought we needed a nice place for quite peace and contemplation . What better than a lovely Japanese style garden out next to our Tea House. Feel free to take your cuppa with you while you amble around the quiet paths or sit in the pavilion and be at peace for a while.
I am off to put up the sign post so noone gets lost.
Have a happy Day. Jean.

Thumbnail by 77sunset
Merino, Australia

Always do it . Forget to add the signpost. Here where we came from.
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1158531/
Jean

barmera, Australia

Good morning everyone. Quite cool here. Ah lovely. Jean did you see the Koi under the bridge there? Beautiful colours aren't they? I hope everyone is feeling better with their colds etc. Branden has had an infection in his nose and was running a temp so off to the docs again. Cameren is having his teeth out next Monday. I hope he doesn't get too scared with it all. I have told them that I will be there as well to keep an eye on him. When I told the dentist's that I was his G/mother and guardian they wanted to know if Families SA was involved too. What the hell has that got to do with a little kid having teeth out? Do they think that I would have his teeth pulled just for the fun of it? I don't think so. Ohhhhh. people make me so mad. They interfere when not needed and don't do their jobs when they need to. Enough of the soap-box. I hope you all have a lovely day. No new pics for me. I still haven't been to Berri to get a new battery for the camera. Have just been lazy. Hope everyone has a great day and I'll be back later. Colleen

Thumbnail by ctmorris
Clifton Springs, Australia

That is exactly the place I mean, Jean...
I am on my way with the cuppa, now.
Hope your Nan has a lovely day,Anthony.
Back later.
Dianne.

Christchurch, New Zealand

gorgeous scenery to admire while sipping a nice cold glass of wine...
I could use one right now.
Took over an hour to walk home as I stopped in to the bank, they were handing out little bags with bottled water & a Mars bar for each customer.
I was so glad of the water on the walk home as it has turned out a cracker day & very warm.
Had 2 minutes silence at 1.51pm this afternoon, they showed live footage from around ChCh & the rest of NZ, it was an emotional time.

I want you to know that Australia had the silence right along with NZ.
The water and Mars bar was a nice gesture.

It's very warm and muggy here ...about to storm I think.
Happy to say goodbye to the crazy, cruel/tumultuous Summer.
Here's hoping the Autumn will be gentle and even kind to all of us,
Even more so for our dear friends who have suffered in NZ, and everywhere else that have felt the brunt of everything Mother Nature could hurl at you.

Go into the garden let the earth and the growing things lift you up in the way that only our beautiful earth can.

Thumbnail by
se qld, Australia

Quote from dalfyre :
as I stopped in to the bank, they were handing out little bags with bottled water & a Mars bar for each customer.

I'm SO moving to New Zealand. businesses here couldn't give a rat's about their customers these days. I nearly died of shock a few weeks ago when I rang our bank and the first voice I heard was human. Their computersed telephone system must have been on the blink. lol

Sunshine Coast, Australia

It's been a hot start here today for the beginning of autumn.
I spent the day checking on my Epiphyllums. They needed a spray with fungerside. I have had trouble with rot in them due to all the wet weather we have had over the last few months.
Just when they get a good go on the rot sets in and puts them back again. I was planning on having a great show next flowering season but now I am not so sure.

My daughter and her neighbour are going to pick me up on Thursday to take me to a Bromeliad grower who is having a 50% off sale. Will post some pics of the plants I purchase.

This brom is in flower now.

Thumbnail by Marleneann
Merino, Australia

Good morning everyone. A cold autumn morning here. It will warm up later though I hope. Yesterday was a jumper day all day . Unless the weather has a real fit and changes , it looks like we are getting into autumn and its goodbye to the summer we never really had. In my corner of Australia anyway.
Marlen, I would like a bit of that warm , but my epis are so used to the cooler weather here, they would probably have a fit.
Hello Teresa, a bank that actually gives something way ? I may move there too That was very nice of them.
Once upon a time, I used to walk to the shops, train station etc . It was lovely to look in all the gardens as I walked.
Hello Chrissy, hope it cools down for you up there.
Hello Colleen. It would have been a bit of a shock to be asked those questions, but then there are a few granmas out there that are not as caring as you. I suppose it is a sign of the times that people have to query every action you do.
Not the world I grew up in any more.
Hello Dianne, hope you enjoyed your contemplation in the new garden area. I need to go out and enjoy the peace for a while too. I may see you there.
Hello to everyone else out there. Anthony, Kat, Karen and Pam, we are out near the pond watching the fish.
Louise and Charleen, come and join us , it so nice outside in the contemplation garden.
I will put something nice out for you all. Orange Chiffon Cake.
Happy gardening,
Jean.

Thumbnail by 77sunset
barmera, Australia

Good morning everyone. Lovely and cool here too Jean. I hope it stays just like this for Easter. Dalfyre that was lovely of the bank to give away things. You don't find that too often these days without strings attached. I watched the show on the floods in QLD last night. There are no words to describe the horror these people must have felt. My heart goes out to them all. No Dianne haven't heard about Hel. Judy hasn't been back in either. She must be busy with other things. Branden has to go for an asthma test today. They test him to see his lung capacity etc. Well must go and get the boys ready. Be back later. Colleen

Brisbane, Australia

Good morning everyone. I hope this is the beginning of a truly good day for all.

Jean, I woke up yesterday and found a large orb spider hanging right in front of the front door. She was there all day. I did wonder if she knew of some weather change on the way, and sure enough, storms hit in the early hours this morning. And this morning she has moved on. Guess the storm is over. Looks like the ants were right too. I know my plants are happier for the rain.

I love the koi fish. I believe they are banned in Queensland. I saw an escapee living in a dam once, and was surprised at how much he loved human company. He was a giant. I wonder if he's still there? What sort of life span do they have, does anyone know?

Karen

Hi everyone ...hot yesterday but cool this morning.
I hope everyone enjoys their day today,
Colleen I had my nephew for 3years (he was a baby) and I had to produce written permission from a parent to get anything medical done. I had to carry around a signed stat DEC.
If you think about it, it is for the child's protection.
I hope all goes well for him.

I miss Judy's lovely garden pictures, I think she is busy rebuilding a new garden, I remember her saying the family wanted her to downsize her plantings (poor thing).

oh gosh Easter? I haven't even thought about it !

Koi Carp see if this works
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8StVeHrhm9c

I do know they are treasured in Asian countries.
http://www.burkesbackyard.com.au/factsheets/Burkes-Backyard-Overseas/Koi-Carp-in-Japan/2613

We turn them into Charlie Carp fertilizer here.

Here is my Autumn Joy (I think it came from Jean a few years ago)
It definitely says Autumn has arrived.

Thumbnail by
barmera, Australia

Chrissy I have full custody of the 2 boys therefore "the mum" doesn't have any say in the way I rear them. If she wants to see them I have to be present as well. It seems really harsh but it does protect them, and I don't have to find her every time there needs to be anything done. Colleen

You would still need to produce the paperwork to verify that.
Else anyone can claim custody without a document.
I too have been through the system and that is the way the law works.
It's the law for the protection of children.
I am sure once the people in question see the paperwork it would go on record.

barmera, Australia

Chrissy the dental clinic didn't ask to verify the paperwork but I will take it along with me just in case. Thanks for that. Colleen

Brisbane, Australia

Chrissy, thank you for the links. Seems Koi can live 50 to 70 years. Amazing. Means the one I saw in the dam could still be alive.

Karen

Coffs Harbour, Australia

hello fellow DG'ers! Just dropping in to say hi. I went on a little holiday, mostly for a bromeliad adventure, and will post some pics over in the bromeliad thread soon. I hope all is well with everyone. Hasn't it been hot, and rainy, and windy? The garden is out of control and for the first time in ages, i am actually looking forward to winter to try and catch up! Coffees and teas all around eh?
Sue
kiwi fruit on my uncles farm

Thumbnail by weed_woman
Merino, Australia

Good morning everyone. Well its cold here and I think we have Autumn here to stay. Hubby said the forecast was for warm later in the week. I asked him how much later and what week. Ha ha.
Shopping today, so look out orphans. They have been a bit light on lately though. I think the ladies in the shop take them home.
Hello Sue, lovely to see you pop in again. I will look for your brom pics later.
Had a few berries yesterday. I think they are loganberries. I wish the whole bunch would ripen at once instead of one at a time. My cousin sent me a few different berry plants and I didnt label them so I just eat them and enjoy.
I hope all the colds are clearing up for those that had them. Cant do the same with the aches and pains though. They are here to stay.
Teresa, hope you are not being shaken around too much there. Its sad to see the searchers looking for all the lost people.
Hello Anthony, Pam, Karen, Colleen, Chrissy and Dianne.
Hello Louise and Charleen too.
Help yourselves in the kitchen today, I am off now.
I've left you some yummy Chocolate Cake.
Have a great day .
Jean.

Thumbnail by 77sunset

Good morning everyone,
Oh Sue now that's my idea of Paradise. I remember when those Kiwi Fruit were over 2.00 each way back in the early seventies.
My friend almost went broke every shopping day because she was pregnant and wanted them (instead of pickles and ice cream) night and day.
They were quite hard to get and were known in those days as Chinese Gooseberries.
Until some marketing genious changed it to Kiwi Fruit (most were coming out of NZ.)
It is an interesting story ...once they changed the name they became so popular that many farmers began to grow them.
http://www.newzealand.com/travel/about-nz/culture/culture-kiwiana.cfm
Glad you enjoyed your holiday.

Lots to do ... so my shout, a peace of Pavlova with Kiwi fruit for everyone in honour of Sue's return.
Here is the recipe in case you want to make them at home.
http://www.calharvest.com/kiwipav.html
Enjoy your day ^_^

se qld, Australia

My goodness, Chrissy, all that sugar! Pavlova base contains plenty of sugar for me, without having to add it to the cream as well. I do love a nice piece of pav every so often.

I thought my cold was improving Jean, but all it did was change. I'm told the one that is doing the rounds at the moment is a hard one to shiftl I hope yours clears up for you soon Karen.

Sue, your uncle's farm is in NZ? We went in the mid '80's for a holiday. Even then kiwi's sold for nearly $1 each in the shops here. We thought we were in heaven when the farms there were selling them at the gate for $2 a bag. We visited a kiwi fruit winery while we were there. They (the wines) were pretty good from memory, and the kiwi fruit liqueur, well that was just something else - yummeee.

It's hard to imagine it being so cool in Victoria already. The past couple of days here have been hotter than any we had all Summer. The sort of day where it's tempting to go sit in a shopping centre all day just to stay cool. The trouble is, the aircon in our 3 year old car has decided not to work once the day warms up so the 20 minute drive to get there would be a killer.

Teresa, do you have water and sewerage at your place? It must be ghastly for all those people being told not to flush their loos. And as for the low-lifes that are stealing the portaloo's from people's driveways, well perhaps when they're caught they could get a nice 'dunking'.

Have a great day all.

Pam

This message was edited Mar 3, 2011 8:35 AM

Good morning everyone!

This was posted on another gardening forum...thought I would share with you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6XROMw3Z4e0&feature=player_embedded

So...just watch those Aspidistra plants of yours!!!!!

barmera, Australia

Good morning everyone. Lovely and cool again with a nice Sth- Westerly blowing. Some funny looking clouds down that way. Don't know if we're supposed to get some rain. I might be stange but I don't really like Kiwi fruit. I think they look magic for decorating though. You can keep all the pav as well. Give me a nice slice of boiled fruit cake any day. Cameren is still having trouble with his teeth, poor little fellow. Will get some more Antibiotics today for him because he's booked in to have them out next Monday and they can't do it if there's still an absess there as the injection won't deaden it. One's akaline and the other is acid so they work against one another so I'm told. Good to see you popping back in the tearoom Sue. I hope you had a lovely holiday. Jean enjoy your shopping day and hope you get some orphans this time. Must go as have to go out. Be back later. Colleen

My daughter and I went to the half price sale at Bromagic today. This is what I brought home for $20.00

Thumbnail by Marleneann
barmera, Australia

Wow Marleneann, that a lovely haul and for only $20. Colleen

Yes Colleen... lots of broms for $2.00 each

The nursery is about a half hour drive away from me.

Brisbane, Australia

HI all
and thanks for the welcomes!
these hot days have brought a few snakes out and some days have been busy. This morning I was called out to a rubber snake. The poor fellow was so embarrassed but someone had placed it very carefully under a bush to look real. it was a nasty prank. he was terrified of snakes and it cost him money.
When not dealing with the snakes I am experimenting with growing adeniums by seed, and growing hoyas from single leaves atm. I'm so happy to see other hoya lovers here in Brisbane!! How exciting to have Big Macs ready to flower!
heres two that I've had for yrs, one was inherited and the other a cutting from an unknown hoya. After looking at hoyas online I think one is royal hawaiian(it has different colours on the same umbel) and the other maybe pink silver or fresno beauty?

Thumbnail by Tanzen
barmera, Australia

Good morning all. Hi Tanzan, beautiful Hoyas. That was a terrible trick to play on someone. Plants and snakes, lol that's a strange combination. I suppose the same as cacti and brugmansias. Boy I'm glad it's the end of the week. Poor little fellow is on antibiotics again and I just hope that they've done their job by Monday so that these teeth can be rid of. I wonder what causes absesses? It's lovely and quiet here at the moment so thought that I would pop in and have a quick cuppa. I'll be back later. Colleen

Merino, Australia

Good morning everyone.
I'll be glad when daylight saving is over. . I like it during the summer but now we are getting up in the dark. Yesterday turned out not too bad after a cold start. A few sprinkles of rain and one needed a jumper on but quite nice otherwise.
I found one orphan. A pretty little lavender. I needed one more to fill in along the front path.
Not a lot going on here at the moment. I still have plants to tidy up for the lions auction soon, but that wont take long. I will be getting the plastic on the roof of the brom house too as with the cold weather and showers, they will get very uncomfortable.
Hello Colleen, I hope the little chap gets over all his mouth problems soon. Not nice for him.
Like you I dont like Kiwi fruit either but they do look great as decoration dont they.
Hello Marlene. Lovely broms .
Hello Tanzen, nice to see you popping in again. Love hoyas. I have a few but they are very slow growers here. I did see a flower on my common white one in the shadehouse yesterday. A bit early , but then a lot of plants are confused by the weather.
Hello Pam. Poor you with a new version of the cold. Goes to show that you dont only get colds in cold weather.
Hello Kat, Dianne, Elaine, Sue, Teresa and Anthony.
I hope Charleen and Louise are getting some lovely Spring weather now. Pats for the girls and Charley.
Better go and check on the garden now the sun is sneaking up. Looks grey out there so maybe more showers.
I have yet another iris with buds so must go see if its out yet.
Have a great day and stay safe.
Try some warm Banana Honey Loaf.
Jean.

Thumbnail by 77sunset
Brisbane, Australia

Good morning world.

Colleen, that poor child must be going through so much with those teeth. Teeth can be so very cruel. Hope the antibiotics kick in quickly so the problem can be alleviated.

Tanzen, I adore Hoya. Mine are mostly quite young yet, so only 2 have actually flowered. I have one that gets mostly pink flowers, but has a couple of dark ones in each bunch.

Marlene, that is a wonderful haul you got there. Well done.

Pam, hope your cold is better today. I still keep waking up coughing violently. Will be glad to see the back of it.

Sue, wow, those are well laden with kiwi fruit for sure. Things seem to grow well in NZ.

Jean, that chocolate cake looks nice. I'd settle for a good cuppa right now.

Hope everyone has a nice day ahead. Its raining lightly here and I am off to the physio later by bus. Walking in the rain doesn't seem so much fun as it was when I was young.

Karen

Its nice to drive around and still see some wild life surviving the urban growth. This little wallaby seemed quite content grazing in the paddock.

Thumbnail by DawnSong
rosetta TASMANIA, Australia

hello,ive been doing evening shopping[searching] on ebay ,for the last few days,.,.so ive been busy,.,.potting up vigorous [rare] seedlings and also attending work[early friday today],.,.i must start doing up my lilium bulb orders soon,[that might clear a little space]--doing a sausage sizzle at bunnings tomorrow,to aid the flower show fees[hope the weather warms],.still waiting on seeds to arrive!US post is slow at the moment,.lovely trumpets coming from BUGGYCRAZY[DG member]-ive already got some brilliant pinks up,from [HOOPLA] lilies-very strong growth,.,.anyway,back to potland!!!!!!!!-anthony

What a pretty lot, Marleneann....that certainly is good value.
Love it when Nurseries have big sales.

Had a colonoscopy and a gastroscopy yesterday....nothing very serious....but when the anaesthetist asked if I had come in for a Choke and a Poke, I nearly fell off the trolley......

Hope that everyone with the sniffles and coughs soon shake them off.....awful the way they hang on.

Very cold here all week..no Summer and now no Autumn...
Anthony, all the work you are doing, potting things up will keep you warm....the temps are very low in Tassie.

Hope your weekend is a good one.
Dianne

Thumbnail by Seachanger

dianne-one good thing about those,is you get sandwiches and cake,when you wake up,we got incorrect findings on a scan,2 weeks ago,which would really have changed''my life''but they further examined and realised there were no growths ,only a '''shadow''' from stomach organs behind',.,. .yes,im busy,all this business has made me a better[happy] person[not enough time,to ponder],.,.verry cold here,ive 6 ton of wood arriving in the morning,and im not going to be here[bunnies sossy sizzle],.i hate being disorganised,.-stay safe everyone--anthony

Merino, Australia

Good morning everyone. I'm getting used to these cold mornings now. Have to, as they are here to stay. Hopefully a warmer day as I have the washing on.
Hello Anthony. Take it easy there now after all your hard work. I think I would be out too, when that wood arrives. Too expensive to buy here, when you can find any at all. We had the split system installed a couple of years ago and now the powers that be have made it too darn expensive to use much, with the cost of electricity. We may all have to move north to keep warm.
Hello Dianne, love your pretty garden corner there. I like the sense of humor of your technician with his choke and poke.
Hello Karen, Pam, Chrissy, Sue, Teresa, Louise and Charleen.
Better get my washing out a d do a few things as hubby has a friend coming over early today.
Keep warm and dry everyone.
Enjoy the weekend.
Sample some Caramel Crunch Cake. Yummmmmmmm
Jean.

Thumbnail by 77sunset
Brisbane, Australia

Good morning everyone. We are leaving early this morning to put in a big day. Just hope the rains ease off, yet still keep the day cooler. But will probably be very muggy.

Jean, I can't believe you are cold already. It is only the rains keeping it a bit cooler here. The sun still has a big bite in it when its out.

Dianne, Anthony, and everyone here, hope you all have a lovely weekend ahead.

Karen

oh Dianne ä choke and a poke that's funny!

gosh Anthony what a scare, and then sheer relief! whew!

Tanxen those hoyas are like jewels, beautiful!

Marleneanne great buy and don't we all love a bargain.

Colleen I hope the little fella is feeling better today.

Karen and Elaine I hope you both feel better today.

Jean a jumper? I am looking forward to jumper weather.

Autumn chores ?

http://www.yates.com.au/autumn

I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend.

Brisbane, Australia

A little visitor this morning. A common enough bird here, but the colour on the neck is wrong. A mutant? Lovely little bird though.

Karen

Thumbnail by DawnSong

if i never see another sausage again,it will be too soon!@!!!!-44 kg i cooked today at bunnings in 7 1/2 hours,.,.my 1st and 2nd fingers are numb from the tongs,.,.i just had a shower and smelled like a boiled sausage,.,.what was the most said word today?-sausage,.,.2nd-?onion,..,#3rd ? cordial,..,$1400 takings,for the flower show group,.,.,.,.,.yahoo,.,.,.,.i might have a 4xxxx or 20 im exhausted-anthony

Merino, Australia

Good morning everyone. A cool morning which should turn into a lovely fine day as was yesterday.
Hello Anthony. Congrats on your great job for the flower show group. I do like those snags and onions. We often see them around Hamilton. A terrific way to raise money. How many did you eat ?
Hello Teresa, I see another large aftershock has happened there. I hope noone was hurt this time with all the shaky buildings around.
Hello Karen. Aren't those birds just lovely. I have seen the odd bird among rosellas and ringnecks that will have a slightly different color to the others. Like us with hair color I suppose. Mother Nature has an off color day.
Hello Chrissy, my brugs are looking very green but are looking for a bit more sun. They have developed a lean towards the light. All these dull days we have had.
Hello to everyone else looking in, come n for a chat.
Louise, how are you going there. It must be nearly moving time for you. I hope you find the NH garden undamaged by the snow.
Charleen. how is your area. Lots of Spring sunshine I hope .
I am off to do the washing. such a chore with the automatic machine now . Ha ha. I may get out and repot a few small plants for the market . I need a few more to fill the trailer. We need the weather to stay fine for the day. Its still a month away so anything could happen.
I do hope all,the colds and aches are improving for those affected.
Enjoy your weekend and spend time sitting in the garden.
Try some Raisin Cookies.
Jean.

Thumbnail by 77sunset

That's favouritism Anthony...we don't get cake.....glad your scan turned out ok.
Ray loves our visits to Bunnings for that reason.....Sausage Sizzle...

Very pretty bird Karen...

I'm glad that your love affair with that washing machine is still going, Jean.

Went for a drive to Bacchus Marsh yesterday and for 10k of that trip, both sides of the road, the verges were covered in white butterflies..
There were millions of them.....I have never seen anything like it.......hope they didn't follow me home.....

True autumn weather today...just beautiful...

Thumbnail by Seachanger
barmera, Australia

Good afternoon everyone. Have been out this morning to my youngest G/Son's birthday party. He was 5 last Wednesday.. Off to school after the holidays. That's the last one to be off to school. They all grow up so quickly, don't they. Great BBQ Anthony. A lot of money raised for a good cause. I'm glad the tests went well, but that would have been an awful scare anyway. Dianne hope your tests come back okay as well. I hope everyone's colds are going and you're all feeling better now. Brian's Butter Bomb flowered the other day. It looked a lot like the pics that you put up of GHA, Jean. I wonder if they're related? Sorry no pic. I'm a bit lost without the camera. Must do something about it very soon. A lot of bills and I need to pick my sewing machines up so will be a while yet. Quite warm here today. Lovely cool nights though. Karen I wish some of those parrots would find their way to my garden sometimes. They're beautiful. Be back later. Colleen

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.