Better than ever!

Seymour, IN(Zone 5b)

Looking Good! Take another pic when you get it full. I would take some centratherum seeds. Are they easy from seeds? I love them.. Lou

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

Thanks Lou! Carly just helped me carry the 8' shelf unit back in. We took the 10' one apart last year so I'll just carry the parts in and rebuild it. Those suckers are heavy! They are three shelves high and close to 4' tall. I need to build some more. I threw the heater on the dolly and put it in too and brought in the manual to give hubby a nudge. LOL That thing is heavy too. The box said 70 pounds but I was able to pull it out of the box by myself and only bruised my hand on the fan cut out. geesh. I'm getting excited anyway!

Last year I started seeds that were a few years old and they popped right up! I just collected these in November so you should be good. :) Is your address in the exchange?

Pleasureville, KY(Zone 6a)

Chele, will you have corkscrew willows and walking sticks ready for this year? I want one of each, anytime they are ready. Love those things. I have a walking stick, but am not sure it survived our drought last summer/fall, and it is too early to tell.

Chele, I could use some centratherum seeds. I am in the addy exchange. Will reimburse you postage to boot!

I started some more seeds today. Next week will be the tomatoes turn. I have my soil all ready, and need to get that in the trays sometime over the weekend, and DH will be stringing an extension cord for my heat mats. It is too wet here for him to be fooling with laying the electric line again. So when we get dried out, I will be back up and operating again.

I want your GH, so bad. Can you see me, I am green, just a pee green with envy.

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

LOL Bonnie! I wish I could give it to you but I really, really need it. ;)

You are not sending me postage! I owe you more than a few. I'll send you Centratherum. You can't buy the corkscrew willow either. You'll have to take that for free too. They are part of a trade and I got a ton of them. Maybe you can come up with a trade for a walking stick. :P

I'm hoping to see you in a couple of months! Maybe you'll feel well enough to swing by your sisters and head straight up 68. It's only about an hour and a half, maybe 45 minutes. Otherwise, I might be forced to take a road trip. I'm comfortable going to Lexington.

What all are you growing? Come Tuesday, you all may get lucky and not see much of me. Once the heat is in, I plan to be scarce. I'll be in seed and cutting hello!

Chele, it is a date. Let's wait until the weather warms up, and I will come up and spend the better part of the day. I can help with whatever you are doing that day. Will work for plants! I understand you needing the greenhouse, it is so gorgeous, and I know in a little while it will be filled with gorgeous plants. I am happy for you, that you are able to be back in business. Bet it feels like coming home doesn't it?

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

Aside from having Nolan, the last few years have been a nightmare, better forgotten. We wake up from nightmares and life goes on. So, I'm going to forget the hell we've been through and keep looking forward. A lot of people have it a lot worse and a lot of people don't get a chance to move on so I'm grateful that things are looking up. :) I've had a lot of wonderful friends to drag me past the bumps. It almost feels like the last few years weren't real.

I'd love to have a play date!! I'd still like to have a get together, hopefully sometime in May. I've missed everyone. I haven't had a good hug in a long time unless you count the kids. LOL

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

THE SUN!!

Chele, I would love to have a gathering for those of us who are sort of southern Ohio. Last year was a chore driving through pouring rain to get to Joyce's, and now this year with my back, I am almost sure that driving that far will be something that I shouldn't do. We would just have to avoid the weekend of Mother's day. Even if it is just a few, I would enjoy that tremendously, and of course seeing your place would be good. Oh, maybe I am assuming too much, but I could stop by on the way to or from.

(Di) Seven Mile, OH(Zone 6b)

Bonnie..where exactly is Pleasureville?

Southwestern, OH(Zone 6b)

I think you need to start a new thread Chele 200+ replies... Bonnie, I'm glad you seem to be doing a little better anyway.

I'm potting up some things and starting seeds today too. Chele, do you think I could pot those blueberries I got and leave them in the hoop-house? Or should I leave them in the house under lights? I'm not sure what I should do.

I have to run down to Beechmont, but after that, I'm devoting myself to my plants. Hopefully I won't have any problems. The River is really high right now. Youngest and I went down and took some pictures last night... I thought this one was ironic.... in between that gate, and that stand of trees is a really big parking lot. LOL

Thumbnail by Melissa_Ohio
Southwestern, OH(Zone 6b)

This one shows how much the river rose in 2 days. The first was Wednesday on the way back from youngest's appointment with his Ortho.

Thumbnail by Melissa_Ohio
Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

Bonnie, I want to do a very casual, laid back, sit around and eat thing, maybe trade plants if anyone has extras that early. Things will be expected to be small most probably due to the date but even seedlings grow. :) Very few people have been here and my house is not a big gorgeous mansion and most of the time it's not very clean, but it's quiet (aside from my kids) and comfortable and I'm not going to freak out if you wear dirty shoes in the house. LOL

Melissa, if they are dormant and from a colder zone, I'd pot them and stick them in the garage, barn or hoophouse. That is your best bet. If you bring them in the house, you'll make them grow prematurely then have to deal with hardening them off.

Great photos! I'm amazed by all the water. It's been a few years since I've seen the water so high. It was this bad or worse a couple/few years before we moved. I remember the pool at Coney filling with river water. Yum.

It's got to be about 80 degrees in the greenhouse. I helped hubby set the heater up on the base he made and stood in there and talked about 20 minutes and came out soaking wet. LOL It's great!!!

New thread coming up!

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

Here ya go! New thread.

Better every day! http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1163896/

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.