Dyeing silk scarves...join in the fun!

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

Good looking scarf. Thanks for the tip. I'm excited to get going with my tie-dye when things settle down a bit here.

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

That turned out really nice!

Benton, KY(Zone 7a)

Another ice-dyed scarf. This one went to a friend's Mom.

Thumbnail by melody
Ripley, MS

Beautiful scarves, Melody, you have lots of energy to keep up all your hobbies !

Camden, AR(Zone 8a)

Oh my - those are beautiful! I really love the second one - they look so different.... did you do them at the same time? How long did it have to sit on your sink to produce those results? Just gorgeous...... I really MUST order some dye and scarves to play with!

Benton, KY(Zone 7a)

It took about 3 or 4 hours to melt the ice down. Yes, I did several about the same time...easy and fun!

Camden, AR(Zone 8a)

Why do they look so different in colors ....appears one is a lot darker than the other.... is it just the colors of dye you used on each one?

Benton, KY(Zone 7a)

Yes, I used different colors on each one. I had the other one set up in my second sink and used a totally different palette.

Camden, AR(Zone 8a)

Nice! Think I could use ice from an ice machine.... or would it need to be the small ice like from sonic......?? We have a huge ice machine at work and at our church so I have access to plenty of ice, even though the one on my frig isn't working due to a leak right now..... but I didn't know if the larger pieces of ice would work.

They are beautiful.............. I really want to make some of them.....

Genna

Benton, KY(Zone 7a)

These have slightly crushed ice, full pieces and the 'crumbs.' They all seem to work. You'll get a slightly different effect with each type. All look great.

If you look back at the sink picture, you'll see all sizes. I say go for it!

Camden, AR(Zone 8a)

Yeah, just need to get enough confidence to try it.....and not to mention a LITTLE spare time.............. :0

Thank you for all the beautiful inspiration!

Benton, KY(Zone 7a)

:o)

Anytime...!

I don't have enough hours in the day either....and more unfinished projects than I care to think about.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.