A Mountain Christmas Home Tour

North Fork, CA(Zone 7b)

It's late to be making new decorations for your home and garden this year, but take a little tour of the Mountain area near Yosemite to see what folks are doing.

Thumbnail by suewylan
North Fork, CA(Zone 7b)

An idea of how to display your kids and grandkids photos!

Thumbnail by suewylan
North Fork, CA(Zone 7b)

In the laundry window!

Thumbnail by suewylan
North Fork, CA(Zone 7b)

Christmas Kitty

Thumbnail by suewylan
North Fork, CA(Zone 7b)

Santa hats for chair backs!

Thumbnail by suewylan
North Fork, CA(Zone 7b)

A cheerful welcome in one entry.

Thumbnail by suewylan
North Fork, CA(Zone 7b)

Any good DH could make this sofa table. It had metal stars nailed in each corner

Thumbnail by suewylan
North Fork, CA(Zone 7b)

Wine rack in the same home

Thumbnail by suewylan
North Fork, CA(Zone 7b)

Their Christmas tree See valances made of leather and branches?

Thumbnail by suewylan
North Fork, CA(Zone 7b)

An all white tree and Santa.

Thumbnail by suewylan
North Fork, CA(Zone 7b)

My daughter, I must say, would love this room.

Thumbnail by suewylan
North Fork, CA(Zone 7b)

A lovely collection of Bride dolls. Nicely displayed, too!

Thumbnail by suewylan
North Fork, CA(Zone 7b)

These folks had the wall builder on contract for two years building these gates and walls. Another section next...

Thumbnail by suewylan
North Fork, CA(Zone 7b)

The walls has trees, this cougar, raccoons and geodes in it. An art piece for sure.

Thumbnail by suewylan
North Fork, CA(Zone 7b)

A Christmas table

Thumbnail by suewylan
North Fork, CA(Zone 7b)

OK, so this is the country...

All these homes are in the Oakhurst area in the Sierra Foothills south of Yosemite and this is a fundraiserfor the community center every year.

Hope you enjoyed the tour!

Sue
Sierra Foothill Garden
http://sierrafoothillgarden.wordpress.com/

Thumbnail by suewylan
Santa Ana, CA(Zone 10b)

Thank you for sharing this! It's wonderful! I can certainly see how it would take two years to build that wall!

Menifee, CA(Zone 9a)

Many lovely decorating ideas. I like that bedroom too! : - )
Have to admit I might incorporate some of those ideas into my own yard. : - )
A nice tour, and it was really sweet of you to take the time to share these photos and comments with us. : - )
I'm going to be decorating my place today, or at least part of it, and will take photos as I go along. : - )
Really a nice break sue. BTW. I'm a country girl and got a big kick out of that last photo! LOL!
WIB~
SW

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

Sure wish I had some decorating talent but don't...I guess I'll just have to settle for my no talented self just the way I am!
That tour was gorgeous Sue.

Menifee, CA(Zone 9a)

You know, DH and I were out last night, and I appreciate the untalented but meant from the heart light shows just as much as I do the spectacular ones.
(Hugs)
WIB~
SW

Plano, TX

that was great---i never knew wall building could be such an art!

Sacramento, CA(Zone 9a)

Thanks for sharing your photos, Sue. Through the years, I have accumulated various Christmas decorations, but I find myself only using about 20% of what I have because it takes too darn long to put things up and take things down. But, I like being inspired by new ideas so that when I do get motivated one of these days, I will have some ideas to draw upon.

Long Beach, CA(Zone 10a)

Great pictures, Sue. Thanks fopr posting them.
That wall and gate are phenomenal...a work of art for sure !

weegy: I've been to your house and it's decorated beautifully, so just hush up !

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

Mike, you are too kind! I wish I had pursued my interior design dream, the one I never even started! Had hoped to design model home interiors...but it never happened. Never too late I guess except I am so bad at math.
Sue, thank you for sharing this.

Plano, TX

i always think of how one year my husband said "you know you don't have to put up all your decorations each year"------------------i had never even thought of that!
we have gotten rid of so much over the years--going with the "less is more" idea

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

I agree planolinda! My holiday decorating has really dwindled down, so much easier to put away.

Plano, TX

i think i appreciate them more too--or maybe notice them more

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

That's probably it!

Long Beach, CA(Zone 10a)

When we were kids, one of my younger sisters wanted to help with wrapping Xmas presents. She was only 5 at the time so she was too young to cut the paper and tape, etc., so we taught her how to curl the ribbon over the blades of the scissors to make the bows.
That was a colossal mistake.
The next day, everything in sight had tufts of curling ribbon it. Door knobs, chair legs, the dog, the antennae on the car, the handle on the toilets, etc. etc. It was EVERYWHERE.
We still laugh about that.

Plano, TX

fond memories at this time of the year!

North Fork, CA(Zone 7b)

That's a cute story, JasperDale! It was fun going on this tour and I appreciated it a lot just because I don't decorate as much.

Simple treasured decorations are enough, like you all say.

And on the subject of interior decorating, one of my favorite quotes by William Morris goes, Have nothing in your home that you do not think of as useful or believe to be beautiful.

Hope everyone had a blessed Christmas.....someone on my Facebook asked , so when are you all taking your decorations down? hahaha

Plano, TX

i like the quote and would like to live that way more and more as time goes by--but i think i would have to add "or brings to mind very special memories"

North Fork, CA(Zone 7b)

Sometimes if you associate objects with memories of certain past times or family, you don't want to get rid of them, (even when there is good reason to do so, damaged, worn out broken) because you feel like you will lose those memories or lose that family member. A constant struggle.

Plano, TX

right---but i hope to resist doing too much of the memory saving!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.