Holiday Lite Pics with Santa

annapolis, MD(Zone 7b)

Some one sent me a bunch of these last year. They are too good to keep all to myself, so I'll share a few with you. Maybe you have some of your own to share.

Thumbnail by coleup
annapolis, MD(Zone 7b)

Thumbnail by coleup
annapolis, MD(Zone 7b)

Thumbnail by coleup
annapolis, MD(Zone 7b)

Thumbnail by coleup
annapolis, MD(Zone 7b)

Thumbnail by coleup
annapolis, MD(Zone 7b)

Thumbnail by coleup
Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

Those poor babes! They are scared to death of Santa!
Or--maybe it is that they just get flopped on this strange man's lap and everyone says: "SMILE"!

Are these all your grand kids, Judy? Are they all from this year?

Regardless--they are priceless to save and show to them when they grow up....

Gita

annapolis, MD(Zone 7b)

Gita. last year a business associate sent out a mass emaill for the holidays and these were all included. Basically, I do not know any of the people pictured. I agree that Santa can be 'scary' !

Here are a few more

Thumbnail by coleup
annapolis, MD(Zone 7b)

Thumbnail by coleup
annapolis, MD(Zone 7b)

Thumbnail by coleup
annapolis, MD(Zone 7b)

Thumbnail by coleup
annapolis, MD(Zone 7b)

Thumbnail by coleup
annapolis, MD(Zone 7b)

an even dozen

Thumbnail by coleup
central, NJ(Zone 6b)

ROTFL

even I'd be scared of #5 and #10

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

LOL What a fit. Thanks for the laugh.

Near Lake Erie, NW, PA(Zone 5a)

I agree #10 is a little scary. But I always thought as a child that Santa was a small elf, after all his reindeer are tiny.

I looked for a picture of me taken with Santa I had to have been about 3 or 4. I had on a winter hat the was like a bonnet. I looked like a deer caught in the headlights, looking for an excape route. I could not locate the picture, sorry.

annapolis, MD(Zone 7b)

And a few more 13 definitely no 'small elf'!

This message was edited Dec 7, 2010 11:26 PM

Thumbnail by coleup
annapolis, MD(Zone 7b)

Thumbnail by coleup
annapolis, MD(Zone 7b)

Thumbnail by coleup
annapolis, MD(Zone 7b)

Thumbnail by coleup
annapolis, MD(Zone 7b)

Thumbnail by coleup
annapolis, MD(Zone 7b)

Thumbnail by coleup
Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Ladyg, I have a Night before Christmas Book and that is how he is described and pictured the book calls him a jolly old elf and the pictures show him as small..........

Ladyg That is how he is portrayed in the Story the Night before Christmas. I have an old book the line reads something like "He was a jolly old elf" and in the pictures they show him as small elf size. The book is about 40 years old it was the book I read to my kids every year on Christmas Eve.
Those poor kids and those poor Santas.

I

I

Holly, Do you have the Hic ups this morning ????

I like #18

When we got our 1st TV it was about a foot square in a wooden box. Our local TV station (I think there was only 1 station then) showed the "Night Before Christmas Film" only on Christmas eve. Just in time for us Childern to watch and then get tucked into bed. I think it was on right after the 6:00 News. We all were sure that our neighborhood would be next in line for his visit, but not unless we were all asleep. On that tiny TV he was really small. LOL

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

This key board sticks sometime. Unfortunately I spilled soda in it a while back. Ric did a great job of cleaning it but lately it has started to stick. It was really giving me trouble this morning. LOL

annapolis, MD(Zone 7b)

Chris and Holly

Not to mention being able to fit down the chimney! (Even though , evidently, chimneys were much larger and also, evidently, considered points of entry for, say, the wolf in the three little pigs story.) As keepers of the hearth, there must be some old wives tales about chimneys and what went up or down them and keeping the home fires burning!

Clement's "T'was The Night Before Christmas" was the pr job for our modern day Santa who certainly wasn't a jolly old elf in many traditions or a granter of "wishes" but a folk figure whose very thought or mention of scared kids into behaving... As I think about it, there are a lot of scary things about "Santa" !

look what I found ! (hope this works) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EsDBfPWDv28

annapolis, MD(Zone 7b)

Thanks, Chris.

Here are the last of the bunch 19

Thumbnail by coleup
annapolis, MD(Zone 7b)

Thumbnail by coleup
annapolis, MD(Zone 7b)

Thumbnail by coleup
annapolis, MD(Zone 7b)

Thumbnail by coleup
annapolis, MD(Zone 7b)

Thumbnail by coleup

# 23 Oh No ! Leaky diapers!

Falls Church, VA(Zone 7b)

ROTFLAMO!! Coleup, you came up with a great idea to show those pics. I think I only took my son to see Santa a couple of times and he was good. He was like, "Are you gonna stop by or fly over?" Of course, he knew the answer already.

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Here's one of JR, I think he may have been 3 or so. Ric

Thumbnail by HollyAnnS
annapolis, MD(Zone 7b)

For those of us who missed this last year and for those who wish to add a pic thought I'd bump up this thread. Enjoy!

Thumbnail by coleup
Carlisle, PA(Zone 6b)

Merry Christmas!!!!

Thumbnail by Buttoneer
Carlisle, PA(Zone 6b)

Bow wow!!!

Thumbnail by Buttoneer
Carlisle, PA(Zone 6b)

Here's a better one.

Thumbnail by Buttoneer
Carlisle, PA(Zone 6b)

Merry Christmas~