December Weather; HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

Balotesti, Romania(Zone 5a)

Mau, my sincere condoleances for the family. So sorry for your loss. I'm happy that Rachelle doesn't suffer anymore...prayers and big hugs for you and the family.
Pepper, prayers for leaflady too. So sorry for the loss of your grandma's dog. I know how hard is ot loose your best friend! Big hugs to you and to your Grandma.
SallyBP, glad you have your grandkids with you . Can't wait to see the tree!
Celia, the doggies were great in their dog houses during the ice storm and a few days later during a very strong rainstorm....grrr! They have been eating inside...I just put the full bowls in there!LOL Thanks for asking.
The Godparents came over on Sunday and we had a nice party for our 2 Nicholas...Grandpa's name is also Nicolae, Romanian for Nicholas. Yesterday was St. Nicholas so we've all cleaned our boots and Santa brought presents to each of us ! The Godparents brought a cool toy for little Nicholas...a donkey who sings Merry Christmas and moves his ears. Nicholas got a bit scared of it at first, but then he wanted to play with it! LOL Grandpa got a new sports suit for the winter. DD and Nicholas came with us today at the office, then went to the park and back home....they'll be back here later to takes us home. It was a lovely day, though a bit freezing last night, 33F. Sun was up all day, but the temps were not higher than 46F. It's going to get warmer tomorrow, then snowing and freezing on Thursday...crazy weather!!!

Here are a few pictures I took these days.
Nicholas with his bottle.

Thumbnail by adinamiti

Grandpa and Nicholas in a touching moment!

Thumbnail by adinamiti

DD and Nicholas.

Thumbnail by adinamiti

Me and Nicholas sleeping.

Thumbnail by adinamiti

Godfather with Nicholas and the toy.

This message was edited Dec 7, 2010 1:02 PM

Thumbnail by adinamiti
KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

Leaflady's surgery went great!! Shortleaf talked to her today and she says hi to everyone.

Cold, sunny and just plain cold. LOL

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Great Shots Adina!
Glad St Nicholas Day was such a happy event!

Well the weather got weird here.
Snowy morning and 13°.
So the salt didn't work well on the roads
Seeing it happened at rush hour ..........I saw a few wrecks........
Luckily I go in early so missed the cluster #%#.
At one point it was 45 minutes from our exit to I-71.... that's 12 miles.
BUT it was forecast to be cloudy, the high was supposed to be 21°.
It was mostly sunny and hit 28°.
The roof GH peaked at 65° w/ no heater.

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

GREAT News Pepper!

Say hi to the long and short leafs!

Ric

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Temp is working hard at zero! Feels like *#%* cold!

Long time until March. Hope we all make it.

suburban K.C., MO(Zone 6a)

Haha! Shortleafs, altho technically I guess it'd be shortleaves..lol
EvaMae (leaflady) is in the hospital in the same city as me fortunately, she's a nice lady, I met her a couple times at RoundUps, she sounded good, I'm glad everything went good for her. If anybody else besides me has the MagicJack phone with free long distance or just free long distance, or doesn't worry about long distance..lol, I got leaflady's hospital room number if anybody'd like it just dmail me. I heard about the cold in Minneapolis's 12° F, that is cold! That was over 2 hours ago, it's prolly less now.
Will

Biggs, KY(Zone 6a)

Glad she is doing well.

Pretty decent day today. Sunny, no wind, and temps in the high 30s. Tomorrow we should hit 50 for a high with strong winds.

Hi you guys,
I see leaflady (EvaMae) had some friends over here. I visited her today, she is doing good. I took this photo of her at Centerpoint hospital this afternoon.
Will

Thumbnail by shortleaf
Biggs, KY(Zone 6a)

Hey there, Eva Mae. You look good.

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Eva Mae I agree Lookin'Good!

Fayetteville, AR(Zone 7b)

Eva Mae you are lookin' good! Take care and Get Well Soon!!!!

Syracuse, NY got slammed with snow!!! They said on The Weather Channel this morning they got over 44"!!!

It's sunny and mid 40's here still.

Mau deepest sympathy to you and your family.

She does look good doesn't she? She was about to transfer to a rehab. facility near there to recover when I was there yesterday. She said she'd say hi when she could but she's not a subscriber right now. She says hi to all. She is very thankful for the well wishes and prayers and loves each of you and she says thanks for the support. I may go visit her again soon, she's a nice lady. She is in good spirits, we had a nice visit yesterday.
If any of you would like her contact info. Pepper also is in contact with her and her family, you could dmail either of us.

Oh, Pepper had that forecast down, thats what it is here today, thats for sure! I raked up 3 yard waste sacks of leaves this afternoon. I couldn't have done it, because of the wind, if I didn't have that Leafmate contraption that goes inside the sacks to hold them up straight. Other than the wind, not bad at all. Leaf-raking is already kinda laborious, I shed my jacket very early..lol The temperature was not a problem. Just leaves going everywhere which isn't nice, but overall not a terrible day for raking.

Wow, 44" of snow! It sounds like Syracuse is going to have a white Christmas!
Here, the Weather Channel site says mild here today and tomorrow, then cold after that.
No single digit lows yet, even in the 10 day, but that could change.

Heres an American Greetings Christmas card, hope it works in here, it's neat.
It is interactive, so you do some clicking to build the snowman and reach the end, and be sure the volume is on!
http://ak.imgag.com/imgag/product/preview/flash/bws8Shell_fps24.swf?ihost=http://ak.imgag.com/imgag&brandldrPath=/product/full/el/&cardNum=/product/full/ap/3166187/graphic1
Will

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

I received news today that our dear and long time friend Marcy_1 on the ORVG lost her Brother yesterday from an apparent heart attack.
No warning and on his 63rd Birthday.
I know a few of you here know her from other forums and felt I'd pass this news along.

Ric

Windy again, sunny and mild temps around 50 or so. Not a bad day al all. I was stuck inside work all day so didn't get to enjoy it. Oh well. lol

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Just had the most terrifying drive. Went to Mankato this afternoon to do some shopping & get a few needed items. Big storm wasn't due until midnight. It came early! Started as rain in Mankato, out in the country some ice. I drove about 25 MPH the whole way, 35 miles. Over an hour for the trip. I had to salt down our yard in order to walk around.
About 8 cars in the ditch. Some people don't know to slow down!

Cabinet work is getting crazy. We have much to do & more work keeps coming in.

Bernie

Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

39° with a high of 35° Yikes!

Through 11am: Rain, mixing with snow by 9am. Cloudy with temperatures slowly falling to near 32F. Winds SSE at 10 to 15 mph. Snowfall of less than half an inch through 10:30am.

Snow showers for the afternoon. High 34F. Winds SW at 15 to 25 mph. Chance of precip 70%. 1 to 2 inches of snow expected.

I sent one Grandchild home with ear infection, the other with a cough.

I went to the Dr. for sinusitis yesterday. Had that headache all night. I didn't wait till I was half dead, but I did wait a day because I didn't feel like getting out of bed.

Adina, Grandpa and Grandson, just beautiful! I love the rest of the pictures too!

Pepper, I'm so glad for Leaflady!

Bernie, your cold cracked me up!

Hi Will. Very nice picture of EvaMae. She really does look good!

Ric, Marcy sounds familiar. I am so sorry for her. No warning is tragic.

Oh Bernie, I'm glad you made it home and didn't break a leg getting into the house. I dread ice these days.

I'm limping along trying to catch up.

Have a great day everyone. Count your blessings. There are more than you think.

Jasper Co., MO(Zone 6b)

Here's the weather going be:

Today: A 40 percent chance of rain before 9am. Partly sunny, with a temperature falling to around 28 by 5pm. Wind chill values as low as 13. Breezy, with a west wind 15 to 18 mph increasing to between 26 and 29 mph. Winds could gust as high as 38 mph.

Tonight: Partly cloudy, with a low around 14. Wind chill values as low as -3. Breezy, with a northwest wind between 24 and 28 mph, with gusts as high as 38 mph.

Sunday: Sunny, with a high near 26. Wind chill values as low as -4. Blustery, with a north wind 22 to 25 mph decreasing to between 13 and 16 mph. Winds could gust as high as 34 mph.

I gonna stay inside again but last Monday JuJu disappeared for 4 hrs to find her and I was so upset to find her and I gave up so here she came home for 4 hours freedom that I was worried not get hit by cars or trucks! She is okay and safe now... From now on, I just hate go with JuJu outside for potty every morning and some afternoon also bedtime I m not feeling well this time of chilly got me bad cold....I can't watch her alone that she will go under the fence again!....

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all of you!
Take care,
Anna, Rusty and JuJu

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Minnesota is shutting down, or it should be. Plows were just pulled off the roads in Mankato district.
Wind is nearing 30MPH.
Snow.
20º
At 3 AM temp was 29º.
It is falling fast.
Not much snow here yet, because of the freezing rain.
Twin cities has 4 to 6 inches already.
Staying home today!

Irvine, KY(Zone 6a)

Getting ready to head north tomorrow for the next couple of weeks for my clinical trial treatments and will be staying at my son's house. Hope the changeover from rain to snow overnight will not have too much impact on our travel plans.
Just received notice that my subscription here will expire on December 24. With limited time and energy I do not plan to renew, so want to wish everyone here Happy Holidays, as this may be my final post on this site.

Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

Rusty, we had a Cocker Spaniel that wasn't fenced in. To let her out, we attached a rope with a clip and laid the clip end by the door. I just grabbed her collar in one hand, reached out with the other to get the clip and did it in the house. Coming in was just as easy and the clip was always set back out by the door. I hope you find a soluton so you don't have to be out in the cold again.

Bernie, not good!

Sunfarm, I hope the weather holds! No matter where you are, prayers will always find you! Big hugs and good luck!

It just dropped from 39* to 34* and is snowing.

bp,
It's raining like crazy here at 34*. I shudder to think how much ice we'll have, if it ccontinues to rain when the temp dips, after while. I just hope it immediately turns to snow!

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Roads are now closed around here. Any state highway south & west of us is closed to Iowa border. Minneapolis airport is closed. Even the big mall in Mankato closed. Hockey games are canceled.
Minnesota is SHUT DOWN!

Over 12" of snow in lots of places.

Minnesota Gophers basketball team beat Eastern Kentucky. Now 9 - 1.

Thanks to Kentucky for giving us your coach, Tubby Smith.

Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

Sasha, the snow is almost done here and it dropped to 29*. I too hope the snow is covering any ice. So far no wrecks on the scanner.

Bernie, unbelievable!

DH is making a cake so I think I'll get out of my kitchen for a while :o)

Jasper Co., MO(Zone 6b)

Berine - I heard this morning on TV GMA (Good Morning, America) that whole state gonna be frozen to -8* tonight...

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

They lowered that prediction. Will be colder than that.

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Looks like it will be moving into here tomorrow Bernie.
Nowhere near as bad though.
Sounds like a rough storm there. Hope you ride it out OK.
For the record Tubby came from UK not EKU but ...lol!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
the national weather service in wilmington has issued a winter
weather advisory for snow and blowing snow, which is in effect
from 1 pm sunday to 11 am est monday.

snow is expected to increase in coverage during the afternoon
hours on sunday, with occasional snow continuing through monday
morning. total snowfall accumulations through monday will be 3 to
5 inches. it is also expected that a more intense band of lake
effect snowfall may develop and move into the region on sunday
night and monday morning. while the exact location of this band of
snowfall is uncertain, the potential exists for higher snowfall
totals across a portion of the area.

in addition, northwest winds will become gusty at times
on sunday and monday, with wind gusts in the 30 to 40 mph range.

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Yes, I know that, but everyone in KY is a UK fan, right?

I can actually see the neighbors yard light a ¼ mile away. Temp is going to fall to below zero tonight. High tomorrow -3º. Wow!

Vikings are supposed to play NY Giants tomorrow in Mpls. The Giants are stuck in Kansas City airport overnight.

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Well the Louisville people will probably disagree w/ you but.....;-)

That could be a problem. Will the airports be opening by morning?
Cleveland plays at Buffalo tomorrow early game.
Two of the colder, snowier outdoor fields in the NFL.... Weather tomorrow in both cities..... 37° and rainy.
It will be colder here 100 miles south.

Bundle up Bernie!

Ric

Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

22° with a high of 17°
Cloudy with strong and gusty winds. Temperatures falling into the low teens.
Occasional snow showers tapering to flurries this afternoon. Wind chills approaching -10°
Snow accumulations less than one inch.

The wind is howling, but the furnace ran, so it's cozy. It sounds terrible out. There's a tiny drift of snow by the heated water dish. I heard the wind in the night but don't kow when the snow actually started.

Good Morning Folks, it doesn't sound good here, but snow wise it's fine.

Bernie, I can't imagain the whole state shut down. Stay safe!

Jasper Co., MO(Zone 6b)

Berine - I heard on new again this morning oh gee down to -21*.... So brrrrrrrrrrr!!!!

Here is down to 17* now.... At 4:30am it was 23*....

I just went outside for short time then Ju zzooommmm back inside after potty! lol....

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Temp here is zero. -21º is wind chill. (Which after living in MN for 67 years, I still don't understand.) Actual temp of -21º is a lot colder than zero with a wind!

Vikings - Giants game was moved to Monday night. Then at 5AM this morning the roof on the dome deflated from snow weight. So maybe no game.

Snow totals in MN.
Us, about 4".
Suburb NE of Minneapolis. 24".
Official Twin Cities amount, 21", making it 5th biggest storm in history.

With the wind going down things should be back to "normal" soon.

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

I heard about that when I got up this morning Bernie! WOW!
Looks like they are trying to reschedule as we speak.
God news is it's basically a giant tent so can be repaired fairly quickly it seems.

We have an installer heading to ND tomorrow to do some on site wind generator repairs.
Current Temp there.... -11°F (-24°F WC) BRRRRRRRRRR!

We got maybe an inch of snow out of this stuff.
It didn't change over from rain until about 6AM.
Looks like we're in the clear zone for a few hours.
The eastern half of Ohio up thru most of the East is still in the rain portion.

------------------------------------------

a winter weather advisory remains in effect from 1 pm this
afternoon to 11 am est monday.

snow showers will develop in the afternoon and become widespread
during tonight. these snow showers will then become scattered on
monday. total snowfall accumulations will be 2 to 4 inches. in
addition, northwest winds will gust up to 35 mph tonight and
monday which will cause blowing snow.

Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

I've been away for a while due to Rachelle's passing (my step-granddaughter). For those of you who don't know, she had fought a long, hard battle against cancer but she got to the place where she was tired and could fight no more. She was just 41. I want to thank all my DG friends here and on the Mid-South forum for the love and kind words. We had a beautiful "going Home" (to Heaven) service for Rachelle on Thursday the 9th of Dec. She is at rest and no longer in pain.
On Saturday morning Dec. 11th, I drove over to Hot Springs, AR to join some of my DG friends at a condo owned by Kim's parents. (Some of you may know Kim as Duckmother on the Mid-South forum.) Sat. night we went to see the lights at Garvan Woodland Gardens. It was beautiful. We walked a trail of about a mile which meanders through the property. There were many, many beautiful displays of lighted trees, flowers, stars, butterflies, larger than life wooden soldiers and gingerbread men, and on and on. It was good to spend some time with my friends and laugh again. I needed some good laughs after the last 3 weeks! Here are a couple of links of photos I took while I was in Hot Springs if any of you care to look at them:
http://picasaweb.google.com/marsue777/GarvanGardensDec?locked=true#

http://picasaweb.google.com/marsue777/CondoAtHotSprings?locked=true#

Sounds like several of you are expecting some really cold temps. Everyone stay warm and safe!
It is cold and windy here today. High today of 37F with wind gusts of up to 40 mph. Low tonight 17F. BRRRRRRR

Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

Marsue, I'm so glad you could laugh and enjoy yourself. It sounds so beautiful, but neither link worked for me.

Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

Yeah, I just discovered that, BP. Picasa has changed the way they do things. I can't post the link without making it public to anyone and I don't care to do that. Check your email. :o))

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.