Woo hoo!

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

I took a picture of one of my spuria iris and entered it in the photo contest here...I won third place!!
http://davesgarden.com/contest/2010-photography-contest/winners.php?catid=352

(Zone 7a)

Beautiful, Weegy!!! My Irises never look that pretty. I let them get too over-populated.

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

Thank you, I just got lucky with that shot!

(Zone 7a)

I got a runner-up but in Sunsets. My flower shots don't look that good.

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

Congrats to you too. We are our own worst critic!

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

Here's the thread to your winner kwanjin! That is awesome!

http://davesgarden.com/contest/2010-photography-contest/winners.php?catid=359

North Fork, CA(Zone 7b)

Congrats! I was surprised, too, to win in the seedpod division!
http://davesgarden.com/contest/2010-photography-contest/winners.php?catid=347

(Zone 7a)

It's so much fun just to enter. I had a entry there, too, Suewylan, but didn't win. I thought yours was fantastic! I voted for that one.

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

Sue, that was an awesome photo! Congrats to you to.

Hemet, CA(Zone 9b)

Louise

You and your iris are beautiful!

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

;-) Back atcha!

North Fork, CA(Zone 7b)

Thanks, Weegy! Your's was wonderful, too. Thanks,
Kwanjin!

This message was edited Nov 18, 2010 9:48 AM

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

Congratulations to Califsue!

http://davesgarden.com/contest/2010-photography-contest/winners.php?catid=348

Tolleson, AZ(Zone 9a)

Congratulations!!!!!!!!! You are the best!!

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

Thank you Marie. (I've been meaning to call you but I heard that you changed your phone number...)

Tolleson, AZ(Zone 9a)

Nope it is the same number. I do not have your though since they did not transfer my numbers over!!

Long Beach, CA(Zone 10a)

Louise: Aren't you glad you figured out how much better the pictures are when you remove the lens cap ? (hee hee...just razzin your blonde self ! ) Congrats on the photo !

North Fork, CA(Zone 7b)

I really admire CalifSue's photos. She has a ton of them in Plantfiles where they can help everyone and I believe I saw several others that placed in the contest. Beautiful!

Sacramento, CA(Zone 9a)

Congratulations to all the California winners. Wonderful photos.

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

I see Mike is still the same old Mike!! Thanks Mike, amazing how taking off the lens cap makes for a better photos.
Thanks everyone. My congratulations to all winners too.

Northern California, United States(Zone 9a)

Congrats all, it was a fun contest! Some categories were really hard to narrow down.
suewylan, I loved that milkweed pods pictures, great textures and composition in that shot, it was my pick for favorite. And thank you so much for the compliment. :-)
And weegy12, love that iris shot, the gold of that one just glows, like the sun was lighting it from behind! Do you know that name of that iris?

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

It was fun. I'm really amazed at how the light just seemed to fall on my spuria. I don't usually take very good pictures but the camera did good this time, and yes Mike, the fact that I took the lens cover off truly helped!
Sue, I 'm pretty sure the spuria is Sonoran Sunset. I have plenty if you'd like some!

Northern California, United States(Zone 9a)

Ohh, I would love some, especially with a name like that, we love visiting the Sonora area. Maybe when we finally move, whenever that is, I can hit you up for some. Thanks so much for the offer!!.

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

You got it, let me know when you're ready.

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9b)

Congratulations Louise and all California winners.
Those pictures are awesome !

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

Thank you my friend!

Menifee, CA(Zone 9a)

I want to congratulate you all too, although I'm still bummed out I didn't get to vote.
Lots of great photographers in CA, and don't forget Adina (who should be an Honorary CA), won 3rd place too, as did VictorGardener. Lots of familiar names, but I'm kind of partial to CA.
So Congrats everyone for your wonderful photos.
WIB~
SW

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.