Thought for the Day - #9

Menifee, CA(Zone 9a)

Wouldn't have it any other way. I'm awfully proud of you, evelyn. : - )
When you first started posting on this thread you were kind of shy, it's really great to see you shine! : - )
No meanness here, just friends and fun, and sometimes some really bad puns. Sometimes some very profound thoughts. Sometimes just plain silliness.
It's all good, and I never meant to imply that we were competing, only joshing you about how far you've come since you joined us. Like I said, I'm proud of you! : - )
Walk In Beauty!
SW

Sierra Foothills, CA(Zone 8a)

Yes, I am shy. It takes a while for me. As well, it takes a while for me to find all these quotes. You would not believe where I find them, or maybe you would.

Be like the flowers, turn your faces to the sun

kahlil gibran

Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Sherman99, thanks for that very inspiration.

Thumbnail by Lily_love

wow, beautiful flower !

Menifee, CA(Zone 9a)

evelyn, I find quotes everywhere, so I probably wouldn't be too surprised, just so happy you share them with us. : - )
Shermie, great quote. And probably why I like sunflowers so much. :- )
Lily-Love, I have to agree with Shermie, a beautiful example of her quote is found in your photo of the flower. Sweet! : - )
Now, don't you all be thinking I'm morbid here. I don't know if all of you know about my Dad, Trois. He was a member here at DG, until his death. You all inherited me.
I have been really sad because his Memory Thread had gotten so long and Admin didn't want to start a new page in the Memory Garden Forum. After thinking about and asking for advice from some of Dad's friends I started a new thread in the Parking Lot forum. So that's why I've been so sad lately.
Here is the link if you want to check it out. http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1140179/
I'm okay, and keep what I just said in mind when reading my thought for today.

"You don't get to choose how you're going to die. Or when. You can only decide how you're going to live. Now."
~Joan Baez~

WIB!
SW

SW ~ Excellent saying from Joan Baez! Now!

(Zone 7a)

"I think there's always 'what if's.' What if I had just put him on a plane and said come be with me, or gone there? I think if you live in 'what if's,' you stop living."
Marie Osmond on the death of her son

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

Very sad about Marie Osmond's son, but she is right.

When something defies description---let it.

Menifee, CA(Zone 9a)

For some reason I thought you'd like that one, evelyn. : - )
Too true kwanjin. Too true. (hugs, sweetie).
Okay, weegy, I will. : - )

"Goals that are not written down are just wishes."
~anonymous~

WIB~
SW

(Zone 7a)

I got caught in the Land of What If once. There are too many important people in our lives for us to be mired in self-recriminations and self-pity. The Pity Ditty is only good for a chorus or two. After that, it's just noise.

"It's odd that you can get so anesthetized by your own pain or your own problems that you don't quite fully share the hell of someone close to you."
Lady Bird Johnson

Ah, the land of "what if"!

Now, what if we did not have the internet or a computer to get there?

What if there was no DG?

What if Singing Wolf did not continue this thread?

Thanks, SW!!

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

LOL Evelyn!

(Zone 7a)

See? Going to the Land of What If leads to the Land of Madness!!!

Menifee, CA(Zone 9a)

evelyn, no thanks are necessary. : - )
This thread is it's own reward.
kwan, Maybe it's madness, or just being a bit fey. Definitely with a dash of stubborness, a pinch of wit, a bit of persistence, and a well refined sense of the absurd? : - )

I once dwelled in the land of what if, I'd only done this or that differently. Very depressing, so I planted pumpkins. : - ( Turning that frown upside down. : - )

Much better to dwell in the land of, What can I do to make my little piece of the world a better place. Maybe even a bit magical? Where people are kind and caring, funny and sharing? What if it were possible to change one persons day with a smile? Would the caring spread like dominoes toppling?
These days it's more like the song by Jack Johnson and Ben Harper. "My own two hands."
Give it a listen, and let me know what ya think.

http://www.last.fm/music/Jack%2BJohnson%2B%2526%2BBen%2BHarper/_/With+my+own+two+hands

Really listen to the words, I do try to live by them. : - )
Enjoy!
Walk In Beauty!
SingingWolf

Menifee, CA(Zone 9a)

Just swiped this one from an email.

This year we have truly learned...
"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass....
it's about learning how to dance in the rain."
~Unknown~

WIB~
SW

Hemet, CA(Zone 9b)

Jules

Of all the things you posted, I must comment on the word "fey" I love that word! It is not a word that is able to be defined well. It must be experienced, by you and those around you. It is whimsical and quirky. I so love those qualities. So real, so free, so transparent. I have a definite aversion to phony, people pleasing persons. At my age I'm so attracted to real people with no phony mask.
Off my soapbox now.
Much love,
Sylvia

(Zone 7a)

Amen, Sylvia.

Menifee, CA(Zone 9a)

It's an apt description when it comes to me. : - )
It's just the way I am. Like it or leave it, part of the package.
DH once objected to me phrasing the ad for the rental as a quirky little country cottage, but that is and was an apt description. : - )
Can't lie, it goes against my own code of ethics. Besides I'm so transparent, you'd know if I did. One more note since I have a lousy memory, I'd soon be caught out anyway. Mostly it goes against everything I believe in. :-)
As for Whimsy, a totally delightful word, and an appellation I like, since it implies a sense of fun and playfulness. : - )
I like to hang out with honest, positive people myself. Everything else is icing on the cake. : - )
Have a wonderful weekend!
WIB~
SW

Bajamar, Mexico

When I works, I works hard
When I plays, I plays hard
When I thinks...I falls asleep....

Menifee, CA(Zone 9a)

Good one Deepwater. : - )
So you are back at the Caspian Sea, and wearing thermals. I'm on dry land wearing thermals. Brrr. . Oh, for the warm temps, and being able to wear sandals without socks!
Enjoyed your quote. It made me laugh. : - )
Really glad you checked in, and found us on the new page of the thread. : - )
WIB,
SW

We become what we do
Chiang Kai-Shek

Hemet, CA(Zone 9b)

We are what we think.
Sylvia

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

We are what we eat?!

I think, therefore I am.

Hemet, CA(Zone 9b)

Me too! As I'm 66 now, it seems I think more clearly. Who knew? The more important things in life have come to the forefront in my brain. How wonderful is that after so many, many years of muddling through, God knows what???

Bajamar, Mexico

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

We are animals!

Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Awww, Deepwater805, indeed, I knew of such a woman who does not like animals, she isn't young any more-- and her soul is still sound asleep! How sad!

dillansnana

Quoting:
.. ...many years of muddling through, God knows what???
I can somewhat relate to what you've stated. Boys, there were many of such years...

Hello Jules, weegy, evelyn and all. I haven't been around much. Thank you for keeping this wonderful thread going.

Here is one for today;

"In the middle of difficulty lies opportunity." ~ Albert Einstein ~

Thumbnail by Lily_love
Hemet, CA(Zone 9b)

How about in the middle of opportunity lies difficulty.

Sylvia

Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Sylvia, how about -- nothing good comes easy. ^_^

Hemet, CA(Zone 9b)

That has been my life experience. However after all this time I'm reaping some very awesome things. Most probably things I would not considered that awesome 20 or so years ago.

"God sleeps in stone, breathes in plants, dreams in animals and awakens in man."

~ Hindu saying

Phoenix, AZ

I like that, Evelyn.
I have a personal saying.... "Everything you've done in your life has brought you to this perfect moment-Now."
Or.... you need to take absolute responsibility for where you are and your condition.

Bajamar, Mexico

Never be afraid to do something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark; professionals built the Titanic.

"Happiness held is the seed, happiness shared is the flower." ~ Unknown

Hemet, CA(Zone 9b)

I have found after oh so many years that happiness is simply contentment.

Sylvia

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

I could not agree more with that one Sylvia. So true about me.
Here's another I agree with...

Not many know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everyone.

Hemet, CA(Zone 9b)

Amen to that weegy. So very happy I'm way over trying to please everyone.
Love ya Louise,
Sylvia

(Zone 7a)

"A wonderful thing is a Tigger;
A Tigger's a wonderful thing.
Their tops are made out of rubber,
their bottoms are made out of spring
They're bouncy, bouncy, bouncy, bouncy,
fun, fun, fun, fun, fun,
The most wonderful thing
about Tiggers is:
I'm the only one!"