Critters Big and Small Vol.7

Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Welcome Riverland, I have always love your nature photographs especially the deversified wildlife you've there. I like that Kingfisher shot. You're so right, they seldom sit still for long.

Northumberland, United Kingdom(Zone 9a)

Quote from Riverland :
Kim I know these pictures aren't very good but can you tell what type it is. Is it a sparrow?[/quote]
Fairly sure it's a female Red-winged Blackbird, but not the best of views to confirm!
Quote from Riverland :
Not sure about this one either could this be a female eastern bluebird?

Myrtle Warbler, a dull-plumaged first-winter female
[quote="Riverland"]Yum sunflower hearts stuck to peanut butter are worth getting yucky.

American Goldfinch

Resin

PS thanks LT for the message!

Northeast, LA(Zone 8a)

Thank you Resin and Lt I will change the names of these birds in my gallery. Resin as usual your knowledge amazes me. This is my first year looking for birds so have very much to learn.

Thumbnail by Riverland
Northumberland, United Kingdom(Zone 9a)

You're welcome!

Chipping Sparrow there

Resin

Port Elizabeth, South Africa(Zone 10a)

Thanks Resin - I knew you would be on the money!LOL

Grand-Falls, NB(Zone 4a)

Riverland, you got a really good shot of the Kingfisher. Mine are always far, or I missed it, because I was not as fast as he was. :)

I have a trail cam on the way, and hoping to get a picture of a fox, that's hanging around our yard at night. The picture will come out black and white, unless he shows up in the morning, as he has been seen around the time, the kids walk to school in the morning. I also plan to ask my brother, to set the camera up by his cabin in the mountain, in hope of getting a lot of wildlife photos.

The Rock Dove or Pigeon is very colorful close up, but I'm glad, I only have one coming. They can empty a feeder in no time.

Thumbnail by burn_2007
Grand-Falls, NB(Zone 4a)

This one shows the shinny pink and green.

Thumbnail by burn_2007
Sandusky, OH

Nice Critter's all! I finally got a critter to add.

Thumbnail by Burd_Fotos
Sandusky, OH

Cropped.

Thumbnail by Burd_Fotos

Nice pic burd - what is it?

By the way he/she is wondering where did the sound come from front/side?? LOL

Grand-Falls, NB(Zone 4a)

Oh wow Burd, that's a lovely pic of the Doe. The eyes and ears are so sharp!

Sandusky, OH

Sorry gang...Whitetail Deer.

Sandusky, OH

Quote from Little_things :
By the way he/she is wondering where did the sound come from front/side?? LOL

One ear on the herd and one on me. lol

multi-tasking!LOL

Putnam County, IN(Zone 5b)

Pretty one Burd! I saw are little group go thru the woods twice this week. Didn't have time to grab the camera. They were on the move!

This message was edited Feb 2, 2011 11:16 AM

Central, AL(Zone 7b)

I love to be able to get that close to one. LOL with Rian's remark.

Sandusky, OH

A Opossum this time.

Thumbnail by Burd_Fotos

nice

Hi guys - this puts a smile on your face - unfortunately its in afrikaans, but its about 2 baby cats being raised. The lady takes them into the wild for a walk and let them climb trees to learn, give milk (tooooo cute) and then its bedtime!

http://beta.mnet.co.za/mnetvideo/browsevideo.aspx?ChannelId=4&vid=27332&Search=&CategoryId=0&sortby=5&CPage=2

PERTH, Australia

Brilliant shot of the opossum, Burd.

Rian, what gorgeous leopards.

Grand-Falls, NB(Zone 4a)

Burd , neat shot of the Opossum, do you see them often in the wild?

Rian, I enjoyed the video so much, couldn't stop at just one. But did love the leopards.

If you want to ask anything don't hesitate!

Cute opossum Burd!!

Sandusky, OH

Thx All! Burn, in the wildlife areas you see a few here and there but... if you drive along the road...lol
I find Red Fox tracks at Pipe Creek often but no sightings and have also seen a couple of Fisher's and Weasel's...no images.

Grand-Falls, NB(Zone 4a)

wouldn't it be great to get a pic of those fast illusive Fisher and Weisels

Have seen the deer going thru in the evenings just as it is getting dark. Can't wait for spring and hope to see some fawns! In the mean time this is the only critter I am getting photos of.

Gus dragging a big branch around! lol

Thumbnail by nanny_56
Grand-Falls, NB(Zone 4a)

LOL at Gus. I think he's quite the entertainer.

If you look real close, you will see the face of the fox, that's been hanging around at night. He's about in the middle on the left side of the photo. And take note, this pic was taken in 2030. I'm way ahead of everybody,lol.

Would somebody be interested in starting a new thread?

Thumbnail by burn_2007
Sandusky, OH

Nice shots nanny and Burn! I guess I could start the new thread........,and were off! http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1158938/

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.