Low Pink Cloud Help Please

Hillsborough, NC(Zone 7b)

I saw some ornamental grass at nursery. The grass had 'bloomed' and it looked like a pink cloud. It must do well here because the nursery had it and I think that the deer won't eat. It was 16 dollars for a not so big container. There was no tag (there were just two left with no tag) and so ? the name. Can you help? Also do you have advice about whether or not this can be found in 'plugs' I have a huge space and I want to fill it with a few grasses. Will it spread (once I get the name - I can look all this up - but would like your opinon about the grass good and bad). Thanks so much.

Manzanita, OR(Zone 8b)

I have a Pink Muhly in my front garden that I just love. It does not spread, but when it blooms in early fall here, it's just beautiful. I have two next to each other in the ground and they're very drought resistant. I also had one in a large pot, but it didn't do as well so I moved it to the ground.

I tried pulling some starts off it and it was next to impossible to split it-maybe we're not strong enough, but it's a tough plant.

Hillsborough, NC(Zone 7b)

So even tho 'grass' ---- ---no seed?
I am hoping to fill up a large area --- I figured I need plugs. I will have to locate. Very expensive for just a small pot and so I am not going to buy a zillion pots.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.