2010 UNUSUAL SEED SWAP ANNOUNCEMENT part 2

Delray Beach, FL(Zone 10b)

My seeds were at the post office today. Thank you!

I hope everyone has a pleasant Thanksgiving weekend.

Halifax, MA(Zone 6a)

Kawonkamish(Greetings),

Wunne Tabuttantamoonk (Happy Thanksgiving)!

Aquene kah nahonnushagk (Peace and farewell),
WautuckquesSochepo (SnowRabbit)
(__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

Gold Beach, OR(Zone 9a)

I also got my seeds. wow. I had requested any unasked for morning glory seeds to come my way. I do have some outstanding ones and all I need for my new project. This summer when my fence is covered with morning glory flowers, I will remember this swap and all of you.

Teresa I have never been so pleased with a package of seeds, and I am including the ones I bought. I am overwhelmed and picturing all my seed pots for winter sowing.

I hope I do not miss this seed trade next year and am going to join for your other deals as well.

Thank you, a big job you did and wonderfully. My turkey is getting prepped for the oven but my mind is on my seeds.....

Barbourville, KY(Zone 7a)

I received my seeds earlier in the week.
Alana

Austin, TX(Zone 8b)

Dear Theresa,

You did a marvelous job with this swap, dearheart.  I am almost beside myself with frustration at having to wait for mid-Feb. when the last frost is expected, and then with glee knowing how much beauty is going to be added to all my garden beds from the diversity, and in some cases truly unusual seeds which I received from very, very generous DG friends participating in this swap.

To all Unusual Seed Swappers, I wish health, happiness and safety during the holiday season before us, from Hottentot to Eskimo!  I offer the most sincere thanks I can muster from the depths of my boogedy-boogedy heart to you all.

εἰρήνη ἐν ἀνθρώποις εὐδοκία

Love   ~   Łaz

Thumbnail by LazLo
Halifax, MA(Zone 6a)

Kawonkamish (Greetings),

Taubotny (Thank you) Theresa! I had so much fun and kuttabotomish wutche num-mahttommattimun (Thank you all for trading with me).
Muskouantamook Christwekonantamunat kah Wunnegen Wuske Kodtumoo (Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year)!

(__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

(Zone 7a)

Maccionoadha kah Tanohketeaonk Anakausitchick,
(Maccionoadha and Garden Workers),

Kenau koonepeam kah taubotny, wonk.
(You welcome and thank you, also.)

(My) wuskannemuneash (are now like the) anocksuck - monaog kah monchanatamwahhuwaonk - newutche Theresa kah kenau mishe anaqushauog.
(My seeds are now like the stars - numerous and fascinating - thanks to Theresa and my fellow traders.)

Wautaconisk, on behalf of her garden

ps - Maccionoadha, I hope DH and I didn't make too big a mess of your language. DH's main passion in life has been the study of Native American cultures (on his own), and he recognized your language, although he isn't fluent. We have no Native American blood in our systems (except for a grandmother of mine many generations removed from the Cherokee nation in North Carolina).

It is wonderful to see these cultures coming alive - a boogety or few from Lazlo certainly adds to that spirit:)

Theresa, thank you again for the seeds and for bringing such a great group of people together.

Karen

Somerset, KY(Zone 6b)

Theresa, again thank you for finding homes from my seeds. With 2 days rain, I'm having trouble moving my whole garden from the front yard to the back yard. I have 4 roses bushes that have to be moved as well as daylilies, speedwell, and irises. I hate tearing up all my work but if we are to put a new trailer on this property in May, I have to move EVERYTHING!

I hope that next year I will be settle back in our new home and will be looking to put my front garden beds back together. I may be able to join the swap next year also.

While the new trailer is being put on the property, I will be in Calif. I plan to bring back some plants and other things I can't find here. Like white sage, and maybe even some Calif caster beans. And I will be bring back fresh Calif bay leaves for my seasoning cabinet. A friend wants me to bring her back some also.

Marine City, MI(Zone 5a)

Sounds like a busy year ahead for you. Traveling is nice, especially to bring some plants back for your new gardens. Show us before, during and after pics if ya can :)

Halifax, MA(Zone 6a)

Quote from bluespiral :
Maccionoadha kah Tanohketeaonk Anakausitchick,
(Maccionoadha and Garden Workers),

Kenau koonepeam kah taubotny, wonk.
(You welcome and thank you, also.)

(My) wuskannemuneash (are now like the) anocksuck - monaog kah monchanatamwahhuwaonk - newutche Theresa kah kenau mishe anaqushauog.
(My seeds are now like the stars - numerous and fascinating - thanks to Theresa and my fellow traders.)

Wautaconisk, on behalf of her garden

ps - Maccionoadha, I hope DH and I didn't make too big a mess of your language. DH's main passion in life has been the study of Native American cultures (on his own), and he recognized your language, although he isn't fluent...

Kawonkamish Karen,

Koosoohquohham moocheke wunnesenat (You write very well). Muskouantamook Christwekonantamunat kah Wunnegen Wuske Kodtumoo (Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year)!

(__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

Somerset, KY(Zone 6b)

I will be taking lots of pictures. I will spend 2 days in Navajo Country on the way to Calif. I have always wanted to see Navajo country and am finally taking the time to visit.

I'll spend 1 week or so in Bakersfield with friends. Than done to Ventura to spend the rest of the month with my son and grandson. We will be taking the grandson to Disneyland for his first time. And I HATE Disneyland, but want to spend time with my grandson, so I'll tag along.

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.