ORVG Coffee House #182 Cool October has arrived.

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Thanks to you All from Robyn and I for your sweet words.

It was totally unexpected and obviously a shock.
Tomorrow would have been her 60th Birthday.

http://www.tobiasfuneralhome.com/sitemaker/sites/Tobias1/obit.cgi?user=260182Puckett

Ric

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Great Pictures Joyce!
I totally agree she definitely looks like you!

Ric

Pleasureville, KY(Zone 6a)

Joy, great pictures. you wonder where all those years went, when they get dating age. Wow, that had to be scary about her sugar.

I am so disappointed, we didn't get any rain, they are saying a chance for tomorrow, but a very slim chance. Supposed to turn cooler. I have been potting up things to bring inside. Pulled up my geraniums, and have already hung them up. Need to take some starts of sweet potato vine, and some coleus. I have the spikes in a huge container for overwintering.

While I was digging some iris on Friday did something to my back, and ended up going to the chiropractor today. Seemed to help until about supper time, and I am in pain again. So may have to go back again tomorrow. Other than that, a stop by the bank and post office, and by the dollar store to get some curtain rods.

Janet, with my feet staying so sore all of the time, I would have to hire somebody to break in those boots. Just couldn't stand the rubbing. I believe I would have told those women that they had pre ordered the pickles, and if they didn't take them, I would make up a "restocking fee". Some stores do that, so why not? It is not hard to drop $400 for building materials, even if you think they are "little things". At least you know the work is moving along. I am so hoping that you can get moved before the weather turns nasty.

Sue, I know that Lucy will be okay. They are so much like humans in some respects. Somthing she likes this week, she may not like next week, or something she plays with this week, might not even grab her attention next week.

Ric, please extend my sympathies to Robyn. That has to be such a shock. I don't know if this way is better than someone being ill for a long time.

Marcy, I am gonna come up there and steal some of the rain and carry it here. Dang it we are so dry. DH is even hauling some water to keep his minnow pond from going dry. I have already given up watering some things, just concentrating on the new shrubs and trees trying to keep them alive. Everything else will just have to be on it's own.

Well, going to check my email and I am heading to bed, where I have the heating pad waiting for my back.

New Madison, OH(Zone 5a)

Well...don't you all worry too much. We didn't even get enough rain to register in the gauge..lol. But it did dampen things a bit. And every drop counts!
My dinner out tonight was good. It was fun to catch up with the gals.
Have to relay a story here. Yesterday morning I was getting ready to wipe up the toilet in the utility room. So I lift the lid. Then...between the seat and the rim of the toilet, I see a head peeping out!!!! I screamed!!!! Then I looked again? Causiously...I lifted the seat. There..on the rim of the toilet was a....are you ready for this?????.......A tree frog!!! I picked him up with the cloth in my hand. Then I looked down and saw.......ANOTHER one!!! OMGosh!!!! LOL...nah..it wasn't another one..it was the one I thought was in my hand...lol!!! Anyway..I took him outside...and put him on the woodpile. We figure he must have hitched a ride in on one of the plants. Then he saw the green rug and the green lid cover , and thought he was outside! Dave said he must have thought he saw a 'pond' too!!!

Marcy, that is so funny now, but I am sure that it gave you quite a start!!

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6a)

Marcy, I hope someone gives you the perfect gift for Christmas: a big sign for the bathroom saying "Watch out for tree frogs."
Maybe "Tree frog zone"
Maybe just a sketch of the toilet with a little froggy face peeking out.

Ric, please give Robyn my heartfelt sympathies. It's a terrible thing to happen to her sister, and a terrible thing for her to have to bear.
Pat

Flemingsburg, KY(Zone 6a)

Ric
Please tell Robin that I am so sorry.. (((Robin)))

Pauletta

good morning everyone
well today Lucy is getting her "girl parts fixed " LOL
she is having a hard time not eating . she is sitting by her bowl wondering "where is my food and water mom " poor thing
wish us luck :)
Marcy to funny
Bonnie take care of that back and hope you feel better soon.
Ric sending Robyn a big hug

New Madison, OH(Zone 5a)

LOL Pat! Well..it WAS funny....Bonnie...after the fact!
I couldn't throw him away though...he might have been my 'Prince Charming'!!!
Good morning everyone! A beautiful sunny day here! We didn't get the fog that was north and south of us??? Wonder why??
Have to go get my hair trimmed this afternoon, so that puts a kink in what I can get into this morning! Maybe after I get back, I can work outside a bit..or do some more windows. I vote..work outside...LOL!
Nothing else going on here! Have a great day all!!

Lucy is at the vet getting her Lady Parts fixed. She was not happy. I told her i know how she feels .I had my lady parts fixed too :) LOL
went to go get our permit, he didn't have the paper work ready *sigh* go figure.
good and sunny here too
but very very chilly ! whew.
got some grocerys
bbl

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Here's a link to the Obit.
http://www.tobiasfuneralhome.com/sitemaker/sites/Tobias1/obit.cgi?user=260182Puckett

Just found out the little brother of a good friend passed Sunday also.
51 and leaves a wife and 4 kids and a grand daughter.
Tough week.

Robyn and the Family send their Hardy Thanks
Ric

Had a busy day today, an early appointment and then once I was home, my neighbor across the road picked me up and we went out for lunch. It is sad to say, even though we live so close, we seldom have time to just visit. So we plan a lunch every so often just to catch up. Went to a new place in the county, and it was just good home cooked food. Generous portions too. They begin night service next week, with Friday night being fish, and Saturday night rib eyes with all the fixings. DH and I may have to go try that one out.

Late this afternoon, got my geraniums all tied and hung up, and got everything ready to plant the tulips and daffy bulbs in a huge container. Will try to get that done tomorrow afternoon after I get home from the grocery.

Sue, Lucy will recover quickly. It will slow her down for a couple of days, but then she will be back to her old self.

Marcy, I sure wouldn't want to find any critter under the seat to my throne!! Even a picture would give one a start, if it were realistic enough.

Ric sorry to hear of the young man. Hard week for sure for you guys. sending (())) to you and Robyn
well i put cheese back in my diet. life is to short to not eat cheese
lost 3 lbs !! whooooo hooooo .
time to run

Franklin, OH(Zone 6a)

Bragger! ;o) Couldn't give up my cheese, unhuh...nope...no way..

Been out admiring my brugmansias....just hope they open a bit more before frost takes them away. I have a couple "Serendipity" blooming (pink single) and tons of buds on the "New Orleans Lady" (double peach/orange??) and some buds on the "Adeline" (double pink)...one is turning pink now, but not really open and not a double...so maybe that comes when it's open...haven't had doubles before so not sure...

I spent the morning cutting down butterfly bushes..one is going to have to move from the bed with the Japanese maple in it, cause it's crowding the tree badly....so now just have to decide where it can go, cause it's a monster! Also started digging up the pots with the plumeria in them...another reason to trim BF bushes cause they were in the way....after I spray the plumeria for bugs a couple times I will take them to their winter home in the basement. They did so well this year. I think it was because I sunk the pots and they didn't keep falling over...Next year, I will do a better job of fertilizing them, cause they're heavy feeders and maybe I can have some really good blooms. I will probably have to move them up to bigger pots next year, and boy am I dreading that!

The kids from Florida are here for the week...did I tell you all that? Anyway, they're having a good time seeing old friends and eating foods that they've missed. They boys have grown so much and they brought their little 4 month old apple faced chi with them...so cute. We babysat the pup last night...the other grandma had the boys.

Hope Lucy does okay, Sue. I'm sure she'll be glad to get back home.

Marcy...too funny....wonder why I never see tree frogs?? I keep telling Sue to catch the one that jumps on her head and bring it to me, but she doesn't!

Okay...need to check some other threads and then get busy outside. The bonfire is Saturday and I still have a lot of cleaning up to do.

Lucy is back to her old self. LOL i m adding more food and water. just small bits at a time.
work was ok . The woman i work with was sick so it was my boss and i. my back hurts so i may sleep well tonight LOL
we got it done. 120 gals.
got two apple mixes and some granny smiths for canning tomorrow. may make a pie ?
i have to get my garlic in the ground soon. i hope saturday is ok weather. ?

Waddy, KY

It must be a cardinal sin to be able to come home and don a pair of your baggiest sweatpants and sweat shirt but darned if it's not a heavenly sigh when I can. That and that pair of old slip on sandals with a pair of thick socks. Guess I'll take my simple pleasures where I can.

They got the toilets and water heater hooked up today. I forgot to ask what they did about the mop sink. I wanted to paint in that little half bath before they did. We'll just have to sneak up there and see. If DH could just get the septic lagoon dug we'd be sitting pretty well. That and get the wood furnace hooked up. I got some backsplash tile samples today. Need to get floor coverings for the attic storage. There's still a lot of stuff to do but they're chipping along on it.

Got some more stuff chopped up for relish last night. Tonight is baking so it'll have to wait until tomorrow.

Sue, get a good nights rest. Sounds like you need it.

KY i live in that attire LOL
my winter duds are a pair of Carthart insulated bibs.LOL I wear them all over the place. Don't care what i look like as long as i m warm. Remember i m a western state girl. my blood is still thin.
Tim is in the way of this typhoon Megi hitting the phillipines then south end of china. Don't know how bad it will be by the time it hits his area ?

Sue will keep Tim in my t & p's and hope that the storm is not bad there. Sure hope lucy does well from her surgery, and she probably will.

Janet, I had to put on clothes to go to church tonight, and just now home and put on pjs, and they sure do feel good. Winter is sweats for me too, and I am in agony when I have to go somewhere and put on actual clothes. Glad to hear they are making progress on the house. Tell that DH to get out there and get going on that lagoon so that you can get moved.

My back is still acting up, I tossed and turned all night, and finally got up at 4:00. If I could have seen how to drive, I would have gone on to the grocery and to Walmart, but had to wait until it was daylight. I slept all afternoon. I did get an adjustment at the chiro while I was in town, and he said take it easy, so I took him at his word. Was tired because I didn't sleep last night, so it was easy to take it easy!

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6a)

Reporting in! Baby Sis is taking a personal day Friday & we're going to go up to Highland County leaf-peeping, have lunch with former high-school boyfirend Bob, & stop by Chele's if at all possible.
Yesterday I found a Prarie Fire crabapple abt 6' tall & bought it & brought it home. Now I'm keeping it behind the hydrangeas & azaleas to try & keep the deer from munching it down to a stub before I can even see it bloom. From the looks of the weather report, I'd better get it in the ground soon.
Today, errands, mostly boring, but I did get to pick up a purse that I'd needlepointed & sent away to be stitched together. It cost an arm and BOTH legs, but it also looked better than I could have dreamed of!
Sue, hope little Lucy is doing well.
Reading a good book by Bill Bryson. I forget the exact title but it's a history of home-- why we have salt & pepper shakers on the table, what the meaning of room and board is, & such. Very interesting.
Y'all behave or have fun, whichever happens first!
PAt

Pat thank you for thinking of Lucy , she is doing well. Glad you had a great time with your sis and the boyfriend :) *giggling* Hope you got a chance to visit with Chelle.
Well i m making apple sauce. hope this is my last batch ?

Franklin, OH(Zone 6a)

What happened?

Franklin, OH(Zone 6a)

If you're lurking....Happy Birthday, Esther!!! ^_^

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Esther!!!!!!

Well we had a long, tiring but satisfying day yesterday.
We left for Sue's about 7AM.
Got a very solid start on the GH.
Due to the zoning guy's idiot restrictions we had to change a few construction techniques but we can live w/ them.
Well we HAVE to live w/ them....LOL!
As Al said "He's the boss now....."
Al (Sue's FIL) and I came up w/ some ideas that met code and are fairly easy to implement.
Just didn't have the tools there to do them at the time.
But the landscape timber footers are in and the knee wall's are built and temporarily in place.
Next weekend we'll finish the framing and get the inspection.

We left about 5PM and headed home w/ a stop at Joyce's for the Fall Bonfire.
Ate, socialized and headed home early.
We're in the Hot Tub by 9:30.....LOL!

Ric

Thumbnail by henryr10
Franklin, OH(Zone 6a)

Wow...looks great, Ric...bet Sue's happy to finally have a start!

Looks like we had about 45 people last night...not as big a group as some years, but still a nice amount and people got to chat a little more.

Hypertufa class today, so I'm outta here to get ready for it.

Glad to see postings again!

New Madison, OH(Zone 5a)

Happy Birthday Esther!!!!! And may you have many many more!!
Looks good Ric! I am sure Sue is glad to get started!!
Off to SIL's for her birthday party!

Hi folks
Yes i m a happy camper hooray. Looking good Ric and Robyn.
glad you had a good crowd Cookie at your party. Wish i could have been there. Just to much to do in a day and i was pooped.
Kids did a halloween party next door to us. So we had to rush and get cupcakes to bring.
kids had fun.
welp off to do some laundry

Happy birthday Esther

Happy Birthday Ester.

Back from church and lunch is over and dishes done. I may read a bit, and probably a wee nap, but I have to have DGD in a town about 30 miles away by 4:00. So until she is delivered, still lots to do.

Cookie, glad the bon fire turned out good, and that was a nice number of people.

Hiya Marcy, give the SIL a hug.

South Point, OH(Zone 6a)

Thanks everyone. i I know of at least 4 people with the same birthday as me.

I am still learning to use a new iMac (been a PC person forever) and have found it easier to keep up with your posts on it, but still so behind in everything - don't know if I shall ever post the KY RU pictures at this rate.

hoooray Esther on your new mac . You will love it !
today i sleeped the day away. sure needed it

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Happy Birthday, Esther.
Was KYRU only a little over a month ago ? Seems like a long time ago.
Bernie

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ESTHER! Hope you had a great day!

Ric, meant to say that the beginnings of Sue's GH is looking good. So only work on weekends, so maybe in a couple of weeks, she will be all set to go.

Got DGD returned and home again. DH ate some leftovers for supper, and I just had a PB sammy, good enough.

We just had a sprinkle of rain, not enough to make puddles, so hoping that we get more during the night.

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Figuring two more weekends Bonnie.
66° here at 6AM

good morning everyone
no rain here ?
looks gloomy outside but warm and humid , yuk
the typhoon didn't hit china like they expected. so good news there . whew.
off to make cider.

Waddy, KY

No rain here to speak of either. Didn't even settle the dust. The clouds now just keep moving across the sky not dropping any rain.

Got some pickles done last night. Two batches of relish for tonight.

The floor refinisher showed up at the house today. Just another headache mess to try to come to terms with. Main problem is that I let them talk me into a trim stain that is now WAY too dark. Now we're staining the pine floors and nothing is going to be the color that I thought they were going to be. I guess in a few years if I absolutely despise the trim I can rough it up and paint it ivory. There's certainly no pleasure it these kinds of decisions.

One more Sunday market and we're done on that day for the year. YEAH!!! I'll miss the income but be glad to slow down a little and actually be able to sleep a little later and go to church. 4 more weeks of the Frankfort market and then we'll just be down to one. I don't know if we'll continue through with winter months at Lexington or not. We'll just have to see. I may try January just to see. And might not. OT at my real job would probably be much more profitable.

Ky i sure now how it feels on the color choices. When we built this house it was hard to choose a color .
I too am looking forward to some R&R ( no not Ric and Robyn i see them on saturdays LOL ) but a slower pace.
not much going on here

(Di) Seven Mile, OH(Zone 6b)

Hoping to get started on a new house within the next year or two so I'm soaking everything in that you bring up Ky. Sue, from the picture above it looks like posts used for log homes - is that what you have? That's what we really want to build. I've had this dratted stomach flu/virus since Saturday afternoon and just now able to eat something again without rushing to the bathroom. I missed Joyce's hypertufa class yesterday which couldn't have been a better day for something like that, today was such a pretty day out to get the last of the plantings in/add a few bulbs and I was stuck on my couch and both kids are mad at me for who knows what. Don't you just hate yuck days?

Well, building a house is sure an exercise that everybody needs to have. I guess the first advice I could give is do your homework. Know what you want, like counter tops, paint colors, trim, any stains, floor coverings, etc. I had all of these things picked out and confirmed with the builder before they even broke ground. I told him that I was within driving distance, if he needed me to come make a decision, but DH was not in a position that he could drop everything and run home. So we needed to have all the decisions made in advance so that he could proceed without having to wait for a decision from us, and so that we wouldn't be bothered at work.

Janet, we had just a mist of rain. Had to run some errands this morning, and part of the way to town, didn't even need the windshield wipers.

Jana, hate to hear that you have been sick. I don't even like the word stomach virus used around me, as that was what started me on the road to the hospital early spring.

Sue, it has been unseasonable warm the last couple of days. I know we are going to wake up some morning, and it will be colder than blue blazes. Oh, well, guess we experience that just about every fall. Seems I am never ready for the cold.

We are leaving in the morning, for an overnight trip to northern Ohio, Sugar Creek and Walnut Grove, to visit some Amish friends, and to just do some sight seeing. We wanted to stay two nights, buy my twin sister and her husband are going to and she had an appointment that she has to be back for on Thursday. So hold the fort, and I will check in when I am home again.

Bonnie have fun on your trip.
Yes i agree with Bonnie do all your choices in advance. I didn't do that cuz it was a kit but they changed it and didn't put in what the model had ? ( made me really P.O'd) Yes our is a log home. Didn't cost much more than a traditional house. Believe it or not :)
welp day off to day and i m going to do my taxes cuz they said i didn't pay in august ??? weird ?
so i have to call

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.