Time to bring the House Plants back in???

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Some of my house plants have had a very nice vacation out in the yard. Sunning themselves on the patio or resting in the shade of the Gazebo. I want to start getting them ready to bring inside. I was wondering what products you use to treat your house plants before bringing them inside? What have you tried and what did you like and what didn't you like?

Thumbnail by HollyAnnS
Portage, WI(Zone 5a)

Most of mine are still outside but any day now..... I use Safer insect killing soap spray on them befroe bringing them in. Gotta watch the weather forecast. Our season is so short, I always try to leave them out as long as possible. I'll wipe the pot and re-pot if needed. I usually manage ot find a tree frog or two in the house after a while though.

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

LOL I have drug in any tree frogs yet.

Portage, WI(Zone 5a)

33.8 F last night. Only found one tree frog trying to hitch a ride inside so far.

Poughkeepsie, NY(Zone 6a)

We got down to 39 f. 2 weeks ago but it's warmed back up again for now. My orchids and thanksgiving cactus are still outside, they like to get hit with the cool temps to set buds and flower spikes. My Amorphophallus Konjacs are wilting over and I'll have to dig those up and get them ready for winter. My carnivorous plants will be coming in too in a few weeks for their winter sleep in the fridge.

A gardeners work is never done......but I LOVE IT!

Southern Dutchess Co, NY(Zone 5b)

I'm with you, Tommy! I had to bring all the plants in earlier than I'd really wanted due to shoulder surgery next week. Will be limited with how much I can lift for a while so it was now or never. Wish they could have spent just another week or two outside but c'est la vie!

Poughkeepsie, NY(Zone 6a)

Hope the surgery went well. I'm sure the plants will be fine.

Surgery is next week. The plants are happy wherever they can have water and food - much like kids!

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

We are traveling for a few weeks, I did bring in the caladiums before we left but the house plants are still outside. Ric talked me into leaving them out and my DIL will bring them in if needed. I didn't even get to treat them for bugs before we left. So I am hoping she doesn't have to bring them in.
Mamasita, I had surgery on a torn rotator cuff a couple of years ago it really did put a dent in my gardening for a few months. Hope all goes well for you.

Thank you, HollyAnn. Mine is also rotator cuff plus bone spur. When they told me no driving for a couple of weeks, I almost cried! Just have two jasmines and two bougainvilleas out there, and they may come in this weekend unless I get one of the guys to do it for me. When my son dropped over yesterday and saw all the plants in the sunroom and living room, he was astounded! Passed along two for his collection, but he didn't want any more.

What is almost worse than the plants is all the spare pots.......

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

I got complete strength and movement back after my surgery but I did 3 months of PT and it was hard but very worth it. I can do everything I did before. LOL My son was over just before we left and helped bring in some of the larger pots of caladiums for me and borrowed a few of my plants to sit on his patio while we are away. I picked up a couple when we were in Fl. in the spring he just loved the kalanchoe if I find any nice ones I will bring him back one of his own.

San Antonio, TX

Im curious what that plant is on the left behind the turtle. Its so unusual

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

That is a Hawaiian Portulaca. I bought that when we were in Fl. last year. Picked it up at Lowes or HomeDepot. Just loved it unfortunately it didn't make it over the winter.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.