September Blooms

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Fall Aster and a tall sedum.

Thumbnail by HollyAnnS
Mount Bethel, PA(Zone 6a)

Sally, let me know if you want a caryopteris baby now or in the spring. I'm going out to see if I have any left. They look so pretty at this time of the year.

Thumbnail by ROSES_R_RED
Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

nice combo Holly... it does look nice Terri

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

One of my few blooming Dahailas. Just got them planted so late.

Thumbnail by HollyAnnS
central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Terri, that caryopteris baby you gave me is blooming. It's so cute

I just realized that the color on the caryopteris bush is really off. The leaves should be golden lime green and the blooms are a really vivid cornflower blue.

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

here is mine that you gave me Teri

Thumbnail by onewish1
Anne Arundel,, MD(Zone 7b)

Roses--tempting, but I just got a couple new bushes to plant and with the dry soil and other limits on my garden time I just better not call for the Caryopteris right now.

Fallston, MD(Zone 6b)

Here's a pretty pic of Caryopteris and Begonia grandis 'Heron's Pirouette".
Wish I could grow roses!

Thumbnail by kudrick
Fallston, MD(Zone 6b)

And one more

Thumbnail by kudrick
Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

very pretty!!!

Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

I wanted to show you that my Cleomies--after being cut back are re-growing and blooming....
The new stems are from the lower part of the plant and as soon as I cut the main plant back---there just took over....

We had this discussion on here somewhere......there was doubt IF these would re-bloom after being cut back...

Same for my South African Foxgloves.....Don't have a Pic of them--but they are re-growing....

Here are the purple Cleomes.....surrounded by Lantanas and Coleus....

Gita

Thumbnail by Gitagal
central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Spiderwort(thanks Allison) growing in a pot

Thumbnail by flowAjen
Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Catching up on this thread...

I know for a fact that Jill dug up her Sweet Autumn Clematis this spring and got rid of it. It's too much of a thug for me. Even cutting it all the way down last spring didn't keep it from overgrowing its trellis and taking over two neighboring trellises. I've also heard (after I planted it, or I'd have made a different choice) how invasive it can be from seed... not a good thing, especially if you have nearby woodlands, and I was tired of trying to deadhead it.

Speaking of vines, though, my coral honeysuckle is still blooming! It's been popping out with flowers all summer, much more so than my Lonicera americana, which gets one big flush of blooms in early summer and then quits. I'll have to stick some cuttings to share again this spring. The hummingbirds adore it, too.

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

this was my first year with one Critter... love love love it

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Ok back to post rest of pics,

Tricyrtis from the NE RU also blooming in the pot

Thumbnail by flowAjen
central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Glad the cyclamen is spreading. Cute little clump

Thumbnail by flowAjen
central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Some more calendula popping up thru the asters

Thumbnail by flowAjen
central, NJ(Zone 6b)

New calendula

Thumbnail by flowAjen
Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

I haven't had luck with cyclamen yet... but I love yours

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

I loved my Sweet Autumn clematis the first couple of years also... beware! LOL

Love the combo of calendula & asters!

Anne Arundel,, MD(Zone 7b)

kudrick--very pretty. Maybe you're in cahoots with Roses to talk me into takign a caryopteris sooner rather than later.
I can't grow roses either. Black spot heaven. I am back down to one measly bush which gives me a few small blooms this year. And then Knockouts, but they're not really what I want when I want a rose. To me a real rose smells like heaven and is loaded with petals.

BeautyBerry is giving a show. Sally, it's really not difficult to grow roses. I was taught a plan that I stick to like glue. One of the steps is to spray for black spot long before you see it. Follow a good feeding plan and WATER very frequently (base of plant if possible).

Thumbnail by ROSES_R_RED
Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

WOW Roses that is just loaded with berries. Ric and I wanted to get one of those last year and somehow never did.
Gita, The Cleomes is beautiful. They are such pretty flowers.
Jen, The cyclamen are great, I keep thinking they would look so nice in the woodland garden by the walkway but like Onewish I haven't had any luck with them either.

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

that's beautiful Terri

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.