Did you experiment with something new in the garden this year?

Cedarhome, WA(Zone 8b)
There are a total of 103 votes:

Yes, I planted a vegetable garden.
(27 votes, 26%)
Red dot

I purchased a new specimen plant. (what was it?)
(21 votes, 20%)
Red dot

I tried a new color or plant combination. (tell us!)
(8 votes, 7%)
Red dot

I added a water feature.
(5 votes, 4%)
Red dot

I purchased or created a piece of garden art.
(7 votes, 6%)
Red dot

I enjoyed the same old garden.
(35 votes, 33%)
Red dot

Previous Polls

Stewart, TN

bonehead, you're a better person than I!

Cedarhome, WA(Zone 8b)

Years ago I vowed that if I couldn't be taller, at least I could be tolerant. I try to remind myself of this often.

Stewart, TN

I am struggling in that direction. Sometimes I get just plain mad!

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

So sorry to hear that you had an encounter with a weinerbrain growin :(

Beautiful, BC(Zone 8b)

It's fine. I tried to not let it get to me and focus on work. I like your view bonehead - I'm not taller but tolerant.

btw dahlianut - I've still got 2 plants of Dahlia imperialis on the side of the house so whenever you wanna piece, let me know. I know so little about Dahlias and not sure when it's the right time to dig one up. These ones also take by cutting.

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Thanks everso growin. Dmail coming your way.

Mackinaw, IL(Zone 5a)

I'm always playing with one of my obsessions. This year, I added two more hydrangeas, and about 50 lilies. I'd only had maybe a dozen lilies before, so it was a really nice burst of color when they all bloomed. I also added another clematis, to replace one that wasn't thriving, but I think the rabbits ate it. :( I thought it was the ideal location for a clematis, with head in the sun and feet in the shade, but I'm losing 2 for 2!

Angie

Charlotte, VT

I planted Western Sandcherry and Serviceberry shrubs because they're supposed to be good for wildlife and I'm hoping that I can get them to share because the fruit of both shrubs are supposed to be tasty. Of course I did my usual veggie garden and I added some new hostas to my collection. Some of these were obtained through davesgarden hosta swap. Everything is a lot of work, but when the weather is nice house cleaning is put off until winter. It'll wait.

Hanceville, AL(Zone 7a)

Yes, I experimented. In 2010, I planted scarlet runner beans. They smelled good cooking, but the taste was not there. I do not know what I am going to try in my 2011 garden. {;^) Luciee

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.