CLOSED: Name My Garden in Exchange for Seeds

Plano, TX

nope--can't pick aphodites garden! then you would win the contest and we can't have that! LOL

Northeast, AR(Zone 7a)

I'd win? I never win anything! I played bingo at a garden party once and couldn't win a single game. So finally I asked to call the numbers and still I couldn't win a game. I think it's my turn to win. LOL

Plano, TX

ohhhhhhhhh--so this was a set up?? had your garden name ready and making sure you win this time!!!!!!!!!!!

in that case you should make the prize a new car!

just kidding--

Hillsborough, NC(Zone 7b)

I won a pink radio -- plug in kind --probably mid 60's at the feast at St Sylvesters Church in Brooklyn. ....... I was so excited...... I got home and plugged it in and it shocked me!!

Northeast, AR(Zone 7a)

Well, I didn't think about that, Linda, but now that I think about it, I like it! LOL But there's always the chance that someone will come up with a name I like better. I'm not hooked on Aphrodite Garden yet. But I like the subtle reference to love and beauty. I've nicknamed the area "Lover's Lane" temporarily, but I'm not liking it--too obvious and cliche. When the right name is thrown out there, I'll feel it.

Missingrosie, that's just too funny! That sounds like my crazy luck! So funny!!!

Plano, TX

and to think someone in texas recently won the big time lottery-----------------for the third time!!!

Sebastian, FL(Zone 9b)

Cupid's Corner.
You walk in there, you take a gamble!

Morrisville, PA(Zone 6b)

Always & Forever

Jackson, SC(Zone 8a)

blooms of love

hearts desire

Northeast, AR(Zone 7a)

So far, my favorite picks are:

Missingrosie's Unity Garden, which I may use for the main Wedding Garden.

Toofewanimals' Aloha Garden, which I may use for the honeymoon suite at the other end of the garden.

I still haven't found the perfect name for this particular lover's spot yet. So if y'all have any more suggestions, throw them out there. Thanks for all the suggestions! Y'all have some cute ideas. I keep going back over them to make sure I didn't miss anything. LOL

Going out to get dirty now.

NancyAnn

Morrisville, PA(Zone 6b)

INSPIRATION PLACE

INSPIRE & DESIRE

Dayton, TN(Zone 7a)

Just a few romance songs that sound like they go with gardening

Growing Together
Seasons of Love
Almost Paradise

You've got me thinking about planting me a romance garden
Neat Idea
Donna

Northeast, AR(Zone 7a)

I like Seasons of Love and Almost Paradise. I'll have to think on those.

You should plant a romance garden, Donna. There are so many plants out there with a love theme in their names. I have lots of daylilies with a love theme, like Bogie and Becall, Two to Tango, Hillbilly Heart, Driving Me Wild, Bridal Path, Holy Matrimony, etc. And of course the four oclocks and moonflower bushes and moonflower vines bloom at night and are fragrant. And you can add roses which are always romantic. I also have a hedge of fallopia bushes (for fertility) and to even things out, I'll plant a chaste tree this fall. It's blooming right now so I can't move it. I also have coral honeysuckle and I may move it to the arbor in this little garden if I don't find the perfect climbing rose. It's really fun looking for love-themed plants. I plant a marker with each plant's name on it in front of each plant and my guests love it.

Dayton, TN(Zone 7a)

I am going to see what I can come up with. I will have to start looking for some of those plants you named. I can always find a spot here for romance!!!

Montrose, AR(Zone 8a)

ok well I have a few..

"Meant to Bee".. could use different mints and Bee motiff of could just say "Meant to be" or "Mint to Bee"

"LoveBug Garden " Use lady bugs and dragon flies etc..

Love Birds Garden Use birds and cages etc..

Fluttering Romance Garden..Butterfly themed area

Eternal Love Garden use Hearts and swan theme..

Tulips Garden Kissing lips bows and hearts etc..

Love knot Garden Knotted ropes..(need a lil creative thinking here)

Love In The Midst, or Love In A Mist.. using these flowers and others you have in the love theme...

Im sure someone with a creative spirit can carry these further in the idea area than I can..Trish

Northeast, AR(Zone 7a)

Oh, I like the Love in the Mist idea! Hmmmm, I could work with that perhaps. I do have some Love in the Mist seeds I could scatter in that garden--forgot about those. And I have the pond in there. I could put a different fountain in it that "mists". I'll have to think on that one. The name's a little long; it's not as easy to say as I'd like when I direct people to the "Love in the Mist Garden", but it's a possibility. I like the idea. Thanks, Trish!

Northeast, AR(Zone 7a)

I'm going to leave this thread open until Aug 8 and make my decision then. So there's still plenty of time to "name this garden".

Austin, TX(Zone 8b)

name it simply

Eden

or if whimsy is desired

The Garden of Weedin' . . . . . . see . . . http://www.theperfectsign.com/ProductImages/in_the_garden_signs/2977.jpg

This message was edited Aug 4, 2010 11:57 AM

Northeast, AR(Zone 7a)

Anymore suggestions? I'll make my decision on Sun. Deadline for names is Sat around midnight.

Ripley, MS

LOVERS NOUVEAU

Northeast, AR(Zone 7a)

There were some great suggestions here, and it was hard to make a decision. But I've decided to go with Aphrodite's Love in the Mist Garden. I love your idea, Trish. I have a spraying fountain that can look like a mist and I'll put it in the pond. I'll grow some Love in the Mist flowers in there and try to find a statue I can call Aphrodite.

I also like some of the other names and will use them in the other gardens. I am renaming the Wedding Garden to the Unity Garden--missingrosie's suggestion.

And I love the Aloha Garden - toofewanimals' suggestion. I think it's perfect for the Honeymoon Suite which will have a tropical theme. There's an Aloha rose I might get to add to this garden as well.

Thank you guys for all the suggestions! If you three winners will dmail your addresses, I'll get some seeds in the mail to you within the next couple of weeks. I'll take a peak at your trade lists and see if I have something on your list that I could send along. Thank you all so much! I'm so happy with the new names for my gardens!

NancyAnn

Northeast, AR(Zone 7a)

Honeybunch, Missingrosie, and Toofewanimals, if you'll dmail me your addresses, I'll get some seeds out to ya soon. Congratulations on naming my gardens.

NancyAnn

Omega, GA

Aphrodite's Love in the Mist - love it!!

Tulsa, OK(Zone 7a)

i need all kinds seeds but i have no imagination to name anything..lol. but Flowers and Hearts Haven..

Tulsa, OK(Zone 7a)

I goofed as ususal was over.. lol i'm always to late but in this heat my brain is fried..

Montrose, AR(Zone 8a)

Thanks for the contest.. It was fun.. I love the name you decided on for all your gardens..

Northeast, AR(Zone 7a)

Thank you all for playing. I love the names y'all have chosen.

Plano, TX

so maybe we ALL could get a see package??

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.