What is cooking on your grill?

(Zone 7a)
There are a total of 138 votes:

Hamburgers, hot dogs or brats.
(7 votes, 5%)
Red dot

Steak for us! (what is your favorite cut?)
(28 votes, 20%)
Red dot

Chicken here. (do you have a favorite recipe?)
(13 votes, 9%)
Red dot

Pork chops, pork loin or ribs.
(9 votes, 6%)
Red dot

We grill veggies at our house. (what are your favorites?)
(9 votes, 6%)
Red dot

We cook almost everything on our grill! (tell us!)
(58 votes, 42%)
Red dot

Other. (what is it?)
(14 votes, 10%)
Red dot

Previous Polls

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

Everything is my vote. Steaks, chicken, pork chops, fish, ribs, and veggies like squash and corn on cob. When remodeling the kitchen once we even cooked cornbread on the grill. You can get pretty inventive when your tired of take out.

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

We love to grill, especially in the summertime when it's soooooooo hot outside and I really don't want to cook on the stove... One of our favorite summertime meals is steak and chicken kabobs - marinated with lots of fresh veggies... mushrooms, peppers, onions, squash, cherry tomatoes... Mmmmmm mmmmmmmmmm good!

Bardstown, KY(Zone 6a)

Pizza is very good on the grill too.

Doug

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

EVERYTHING, love to grill. We have 3 different grills/smokers for a variety of tastes.

Somerset, KY(Zone 6b)

I like cooking on the grill and have tried just about everything on it. I love to get baby potatoes and grill them with ears of corn and some pork or chicken or even fish.

Millbury, MA(Zone 5a)

I have a small hibachi which is plenty big enough for the three of us. I do like to use it when the weather is way too hot to want to heat up the kitchen. The down side is that by the time I get home from work and get stuff ready to cook, it's usually getting dark outside!

I do occasionally grill burgers, but mostly it will be chicken, fish, or mixed kabobs.

Albuquerque, NM(Zone 7b)

Definitely everything. Keeps the house cooler too. Drives the dog crazy! ;)

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

WOWSER is the first choice for cannibals? :O I suppose grilling mischievious kidlings is one way to deal with behaviour issues (snort)

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

Almost everything. We don't eat pork so we don't grill that. For veggies we usually just put potatoes and onions in foil with butter and some seasoning salt and grill them for so long. They taste great that way!!

Steaks, we like T-bones best. KC strip steaks are good too along with whatever is on sale. We marinate with whatever marinade or rub we have on hand. We're always experimenting.

Lubbock, TX(Zone 7a)

me too....everything is what we like best. My favorite is rib-eye.....medium rare.

North Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

We have a squirrel living in our grill at the moment, so no grilling at our house ;o)

Somerset, KY(Zone 6b)

ROFL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rosetta TASMANIA, Australia

tomato and onion beef sausages,with red onion

West Plains, MO(Zone 6b)

We grill everything - our new favorite this year is a grilled salmon with my husband's "secret sauce". =)

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

LOL on the squirrel....I would be kicking him out as much as we love to grill. One year I caught a wren checking out a grill we had that year.

Thumbnail by Sheila_FW
Plano, TX(Zone 8a)

Boneless ribeyes and corn on the cob. Yummy yum yum!

Elberfeld, IN(Zone 6a)

You cannot beat a good ribeye

Rutland , MA(Zone 5b)

i like cooking boneless, skinless chick breasts on teh grill. i start them off unde high heat and when they get a nice color i put them on the side with no flame and finish them off that way. they are always nice and moist.

also liketo cook tuna steaks on the grill. only takes about 2 minutes.

Eastern Long Island, NY(Zone 7a)

I love grilled foods! Burnt chicken, burnt steak, burnt ribs, burnt corn, burnt...

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

Time and temperature control.....that is the answer to that problem.

Acton, CA(Zone 8b)

Dont have a grill... and if we did, we would probably burn our yard down (not good with cooking things).

St. Simon's Island, GA(Zone 9a)

We do seafood, veggies, bread, pizza, etc. Everything. I love my grill!

Albuquerque, NM(Zone 7b)

Quote from duckmother :
We have a squirrel living in our grill at the moment, so no grilling at our house ;o)

I haven't had grilled squirrel.

LOL

Bardstown, KY(Zone 6a)

First time for everything....

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

I guess once you get past the singed fur smell it might not be bad.

;o))

mid central, FL(Zone 9a)

New York Strips for us!

Langley, WA(Zone 7b)

Everything - beef, chicken, pork, shrimp, salmon, bread, pizza, quesadillas, veggies, we have even done desserts on there.

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

oohh....what desserts Gwen?

Langley, WA(Zone 7b)

Chocolalte chip cookies, s'mores, dessert quesadillas with nutella and fruit.

I've also had pumpkin pie, cobbler, lots of apple fruits. Oh, and brownies!

There is almost nothing you can't cook on a covered grill.

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

Goodness you must never turn your oven on! LOL!

Langley, WA(Zone 7b)

Actually, I never turn my oven off. We have an Aga. ;)

mid central, FL(Zone 9a)

is it true that an Aga uses as much fuel in a week as a regular oven/stove does in a year? someone told me that when i was thinking about getting a new one. i never did get a new one or research the Aga further but i've always wondered about them.

Langley, WA(Zone 7b)

LOL Not true at all. They actually use the same or less. Very very efficient cookers.

rosetta TASMANIA, Australia

we do the christmas turkey without a problem,frees up space to cook other food inside.

mid central, FL(Zone 9a)

thanks! that is good to know. maybe in my next home then.......

Melvindale, MI(Zone 5a)

I voted hamburgers, hot dogs and brats but we actually do a lot more than that. We do just about anything.

Cincinnati (Anderson, OH(Zone 6a)

We're doing pork tenderloins on the grill tonight, along with grilled Vidalia onions, corn and a green salad.

We found some Applewood chips at ACE hardware and they are making the pork and chicken taste really good.

We're using our little grill a lot this summer.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.