What are your Favorite Doubles?

Northeast, AR(Zone 7a)

I know some folks aren't interested in doubles, but I just love them. They fascinate me. I am disappointed in Denali because it has never doubled for me. It is a beautiful, large bloom, but where's the double?

I have many favorites, so I'll share a few...and maybe a non-double lover will be converted today. LOL

I'm absolutely nuts for FACES OF SUNSET. It has a Munsonesque quality that I adore. Most of the time it is a single for me, but it does try to give a little extra at times. The color is just exquisite and it just takes my breath away in every form. The color also varies, sometimes peach, sometimes amber, always beautiful.

Thumbnail by ButterflyChaser
Northeast, AR(Zone 7a)

Another very favorite is BOGIE AND BACALL. For some reason, everytime I see it, I just think of a sweet kiss. It's just adorable. And of course I appreciate the timeless love story of Bogie and Bacall. I saw Bacall in an interview talking about her love for him, and I was so touched.

Northeast, AR(Zone 7a)

NIGHT EMBERS is my favorite red double. I acquired it a few years ago because my niece's name is Ember. I told her when she bought her first house, I'd give her a start of it. Her response was, "Oh Aunt Nancy, you know I don't do gardening." Well, she bought her first house last winter. And this spring she came around wanting a start of her namesake, as well as "some other pretty flowers", as I knew she would. LOL

Nilwood, IL(Zone 5b)

I never cared for doubles but I am beginning to. BEV
Siloam Double Classic

Thumbnail by dragonfly62
Northeast, AR(Zone 7a)

GEMINI JACK I bought in honor of my favorite Uncle Jack (who is not a Gemini as it turns out.). Uncle Jack is retired Army, which you'd know if you met him, without even being told. At 80+, he still gets around as well as I do, never complains about any ailments as many older people do. He's always healthy and in a hurry. He visits everyone he knows, making the rounds regularly but never stays long. He's sharp as a tack and knows more about the computer and the internet than I do. If it's possible to get to the end of the internet highway, Uncle Jack will do it. LOL So here's to Uncle Jack--

Northeast, AR(Zone 7a)

Siloam Double Classic is a classic beauty. I don't figure I'll ever cull her out of my gardens. She's always lovely.

Another timeless beauty is FRANCES JOINER.

Northeast, AR(Zone 7a)

ZELLA VIRGINIA looks so sweet.

Northeast, AR(Zone 7a)

VANILLA FLUFF makes me hungry!

Northeast, AR(Zone 7a)

42nd STREET has that wow factor for me.

Northeast, AR(Zone 7a)

This is the first double bloom from DARK WONDER. I thought I had it planted in the wrong bed (the doubles bed) because it was always a single, until just a few days ago. Nice double!

Northeast, AR(Zone 7a)

DOUBLY DELICIOUS DANDY takes my breath away. No photo does it justice. This one, you have just have to see with your own eyes. It's just incredible with these huge fluffy blooms.

Northeast, AR(Zone 7a)

FORMAL APPEARANCE is amazing!

Northeast, AR(Zone 7a)

PINK PEPPERMINT is cute.

Northeast, AR(Zone 7a)

SNOW BLIZZARD

Northeast, AR(Zone 7a)

SAVANNAH DEBUTANTE

Northeast, AR(Zone 7a)

TWO TO TANGO has small blooms, about 3". But it has LOTS of blooms at once. It's really a show stopper.

Northeast, AR(Zone 7a)

BIG KISS looks a lot like 42nd Street, but blooms later. It does look like a big kiss, doesn't it?

Northeast, AR(Zone 7a)

PINK POMPON (Yes, it's spelled correctly)

Northeast, AR(Zone 7a)

ROSE CORSAGE

Nilwood, IL(Zone 5b)

I do love Big Kiss. She was my first double.

Thumbnail by dragonfly62
Nilwood, IL(Zone 5b)

I now have Delta's Dream.

Thumbnail by dragonfly62
Nilwood, IL(Zone 5b)

I also have a double seedling.

Thumbnail by dragonfly62
Northeast, AR(Zone 7a)

VICTORIA'S SECRET finally doubled. Very nice!

Nilwood, IL(Zone 5b)

Last one Condilla.

Thumbnail by dragonfly62
Nilwood, IL(Zone 5b)

I think I love doubles.

Northeast, AR(Zone 7a)

I love Delta's Dream! How pretty! I'm partial to the pinks.

Blue Ridge Mtns, VA(Zone 7a)

Is ATLANTA MOON WALK a true double? I'm new to daylilies, just got into them last year, and bought this one late last Fall at a local daylily farm and haven't been able to find much info about it. Here's it's first bloom on June 12th. I'd really appreciate some help with this one.

Thumbnail by FruitOfTheVine
Northeast, AR(Zone 7a)

That's very pretty! Tinkers Doesn't list it as a double, but that could be an oversight. It's certainly not a single. I like it!

Blue Ridge Mtns, VA(Zone 7a)

Thank you for the reminder to check Tinker's. It says this one's a rebloomer, so it'll be interesting to see how those look the next time.

I don't have but a few doubles so I'll continue enjoying everyone's blooms.

DOUBLE POM POM

Thumbnail by FruitOfTheVine
Putnam County, IN(Zone 5b)

Bogie and Bacall is beautiful!! I would really maybe like to add that one one.

I am not a huge fan of doubles in general. I only have Siloam Double Classic & I just received Petal Pusher as a bonus so will have see that one bloom to decide if it stays.

Kalama, WA(Zone 8b)

What beautiful doubles. I think I NEED 'BOGIE AND BACALL'.

I didn't used to think I liked doubles but have sense changed my mind. I especially love the hose n' hose and the double Uf's. I checked my records and I'm currently growing 61 doubles. Only a few of them have bloomed so far this season, but I'm looking forward to seeing them in the coming weeks. I'll post them here when they do.

This is a pic from last year.

Double Hug me

Thumbnail by Joy
Northeast, AR(Zone 7a)

Double Hug Me is nice. Show us some of your other 60 doubles, Joy. I really love the doubles.

Oh, I didn't show y'all Peach Magnolia. It's one of my very favorites. (A guest once mentioned that I say that about ALL my daylilies. LOL)

Cut Bank, MT(Zone 3a)

I have no doubles as never thought I liked them but now I am beginning to love them.I am going to have to get-
FACES OF SUNSET
NIGHT EMBERS
DELTA'S DREAM
CONDILA

Northeast, AR(Zone 7a)

HA!!! Look at that! We have a convert already!!! :-)

Northeast, AR(Zone 7a)

Here's a NOID Double that I just love. Anyone know who it is? It isn't quite yellow, peach or white. I love it and would love to know who to call it.

Northeast, AR(Zone 7a)

Here's another picture of it. It's a mid-late bloomer.

Kalama, WA(Zone 8b)

Butterfly, Your noid looks and sounds familiar. I just can't think of the name right now. Beautiful shots of that lovely bloom.

I was going to post some of my pics of doubles from last year, but got interrupted. I'll try again. :-)

ALL IN ALL

Thumbnail by Joy
Kalama, WA(Zone 8b)

BRIANA JOY

Thumbnail by Joy
Kalama, WA(Zone 8b)

BUTTER DISH

Thumbnail by Joy
Putnam County, IN(Zone 5b)

Butter Dish is another one I have looked at and alomost bought. You both have a beautiful collection!

This message was edited Jul 4, 2010 1:51 PM

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.