Drying leaves on African Mask

Litchfield Park , AZ(Zone 9b)

I need help with my Alocasia Amazonica, African Mask. The leaves are drying in spots, often yellow ringed. I have the plant on a stand near but not in an east facing window. I water it weekly and mist it occasionally. Is it too dry, not enough light or what.
dee

Thumbnail by dmwade
Phelan, CA(Zone 8b)

I don't know a whole lot about these plants (I've only tried one) except that they are notoriously hard to grow. They are not happy in most households. They need a greenhouse with carefully controlled humidity. Most houses are much too dry for them. I adore them and think they are beautiful, but alas, they seem to be only for experts with an expert setup.

(Zone 1)

I have this plant and it does require very bright light and continuously moist but not soggy soil. Mine goes dormant in the winter months and re-appears in spring. The Exotic Rainforest site has in depth information on this plant. If you scroll down almost to the very bottom of this page it gives cultural information: http://www.exoticrainforest.com/Alocasia%20micholitziana%20%20pc.html

Cramlington, United Kingdom(Zone 8a)

I've had one for several years and it's pretty easy going. Not too difficult to keep happy. They will occasionally lose a leaf which is normal.

Columbus, OH

I'd try placing the plant on a pebble tray, they enjoy some humidity. I overwinter mine in the bathroom, and I do keep it on a pebble tray.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.