what is every one doing ?????

Sanford, MI(Zone 5a)

hay not to much action on this site for a while so I'm guessing every one is on vacation or working in the flowers ;0) hope you all have a great summer
Gloria

Macomb, MI(Zone 5b)

Hi Gloria I check in periodically... I'm just waiting on the rain were supposed
to be getting again :(.... Although it's supposed to be really nice for the 4th of July weekend Sunny, Sunny, Sunny!

I'm going out to pick weeds ;) wooo hooo LOL

AuGres, MI(Zone 5b)

It's been rain rain rain all day here in Au Gres today. It stops then after a while it starts up again. In between raindrops I went out and sprayed my flower bed and all my roses along the drive and the fruit trees. Hubby spotted ten deer fixing to have my flowers for dinner and he ran them off last night. I knew it was time to spray the Liquid Fence again. They didn't hurt anything last night. I guess hubby caught them just in time.

We've been hoeing little weeds in the veggie garden between rain showers. Everything looks great in there but it's up high where the water can drain off of it. Lots of big blooms on all the squash and baby zuchhini. Beans and tomatoes are blooming with little green poking out behind the blossoms. I think we'll have a good garden this year.

Other than hoeing I've been mowing. All the rain makes the grass grow fast. Hubby weed whacks. It keeps us busy for sure. We went to a graduation party yesterday. Tons of food and good friends and neighbors there. Glad it was yesterday and not today.

My roses couldn't be more beautiful. Here is a pic of the little granddaughter in front of the pink ones.

Thumbnail by Loon
Macomb, MI(Zone 5b)

She is Beautiful!!!! I mowed today to got done just before it started pouring... but it felt good to get rained on it was so humid...
I was able to get one bed weeded.... Now for the rest of it LOL... I'm not minding the rain to much it's making everything really green and tons and tons of blooms this year!

Happy Yardening Everyone!

Clinton Township, MI(Zone 5b)

I don't check in as often as I used to, but lately I have been keeping busy with general 'life' stuff. I am HATING the humidity we have had lately. I didn't know if it has been unusally humid so far this summer or if I am just getting older and feeling it more. I am happy to say, after checking the records, it has been unusually humid!

Since the majority of my plants are perrenials, I have just been doing some watering and minor weeding in the garden. My tomato plants have lots of blossoms and quite a few small green tomatoes on them. My pepper plants are going like gang busters. I am trying to keep my herbs in check, they are thriving!

This must be the right conditions for lavendar this year. My lavendar is gorgeous and HUGE. My cone flowers are also growing strong. I have one purple cone flower that is planted in mostly shade, and it is 4 feet tall and has 20+ blooms on it - go figure! The only plants that are doing poorly are my phlox and coreopsis, but this is due to rabbits.

Sanford, MI(Zone 5a)

I had a wonderful Sunday all the kids were here it rained all day but the little ones loved playing in it and the kiddie pool then it cleared off enough we all went for a pontoon ride
Gloria

Plainwell, MI(Zone 5b)

glevely, we are re-dong our kitchen and have been very busily planning our daughters wedding with her. July 10th is the day! Outside wedding and reception inside. Hope it is nice out! She has picked a very nice little park to get married in! Working lots also. Our other daughter got married last september they are doing great also. Our Son in the Army will be home the 19th of July, he has a big training week so he has to miss the wedding but we will be glad to see him when he is home! Its been a year since he was home. Thanks for the thread it is a lways nice to read what everyone is doing! Loon your grand daughter is so beautiful! Oh yes so are your roses! Have a great summer , Ronna

Sanford, MI(Zone 5a)

hope you have a beautiful day for the wedding my grand daughter is getting married on the 9th so I hope we have a very nice week end !!!!
Gloria

Jenison, MI(Zone 6b)

To answer your question, working, camping, gardening...repeat...

Sanford, MI(Zone 5a)

well 2 out of 3 ain't bad I'v been working and gardening I sure would love to go camping I love it have fun !! oh by the way you have some cuties the kids I mean ;0)
Gloria

Plainwell, MI(Zone 5b)

Oh man we would love to go camping also!!! Usually we do go at least once a year but this year will probably be skipped... I have camped all of my early teens to now and have always enjoyed it very much. Nothing more relaxing! Really will miss it this year:( Have a great 4th everyone and enjoy family and friends. Ronna

Macomb, MI(Zone 5b)

Playing in my flowers beds this weekend...soaking up the sunshine!
Then I'm sure at some point *sigh* on my hubby's boat...

Jenison, MI(Zone 6b)

Well, camping for a week and now the pop up is on the side of the house and we have been sleeping in that when we feel the jones to "camp". Besides, boys like waking in the middle of the night to pee on the lawn...

Plainwell, MI(Zone 5b)

thumbs up for the boys!!! teehee! Ah camping.... fires, s'mores, burnt hotdogs, hobo pies, lightening bugs, flashlights..... Love it!

Sanford, MI(Zone 5a)

We all ways camped with the kids when they were young those were the best times !!!!!!!!! hope every one has a safe and blessed 4 th
Gloria

Plainwell, MI(Zone 5b)

Well the wedding is finally done!!! It was a very nice outdoor wedding and a very pretty reception. Except no air in that part of the building! Kinda warm. The reception was not very long at all. The dj left earl no one was dancing it was just to warm. But all the ffod got eaten so our refridgerator in not packed with leftovers! Yippie. Grilled chicken ws so yummy. Ronna

AuGres, MI(Zone 5b)

Ronna,

Glad the wedding went off without a hitch. Sounds lovely. You'll have to share some pics with us.

Plainwell, MI(Zone 5b)

thanks loon!!! It was so pretty. Will have to down load the pics when I am not painting something... lol. The whole inside and front porch seems to be getting a new look kitchen is almost done! Ronna

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.