Photo by Melody

Michigan Gardening: what is every one doing ?????, 1 by Loon

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright Loon

In reply to: what is every one doing ?????

Forum: Michigan Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of what is every one doing ?????
Loon wrote:
It's been rain rain rain all day here in Au Gres today. It stops then after a while it starts up again. In between raindrops I went out and sprayed my flower bed and all my roses along the drive and the fruit trees. Hubby spotted ten deer fixing to have my flowers for dinner and he ran them off last night. I knew it was time to spray the Liquid Fence again. They didn't hurt anything last night. I guess hubby caught them just in time.

We've been hoeing little weeds in the veggie garden between rain showers. Everything looks great in there but it's up high where the water can drain off of it. Lots of big blooms on all the squash and baby zuchhini. Beans and tomatoes are blooming with little green poking out behind the blossoms. I think we'll have a good garden this year.

Other than hoeing I've been mowing. All the rain makes the grass grow fast. Hubby weed whacks. It keeps us busy for sure. We went to a graduation party yesterday. Tons of food and good friends and neighbors there. Glad it was yesterday and not today.

My roses couldn't be more beautiful. Here is a pic of the little granddaughter in front of the pink ones.